It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Necropolis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Dear FreedomEntered,

I may be getting too old for ATS, but thanks for your response. I have questions still, but they may not be important.

Well Pagan as in having many Gods/Goddesses.
Its Roman relics specificially and they did try to appease the Gods/Goddesses so they created images of them through sculpture/painting.
The Vatican is located in Rome and Roman practices and religions were the normal fare in the Roman capitol. Any historic site from Jesus' time is going to have Roman stuff all over it. I don't think that means the early (or present) Christians worshipped or appeased Roman gods.

Sorry I was making the comparison that Id find it abit odd if say a Buddhist moved to a location and found Muslim relics and didnt remove them and return them to the Islamic Imams but instead kept them.
I agree. But in this case I didn't see pagan relics, and even if there were to whom do you return them? It's not as though there is a recognized pagan religious headquarters organization.

But as someone pointed out they conquered Pagans, at least in their mind, and so this might be common for places of aboding Christians preisthood to live on child sacrifice sites and so forth.
I don't know of any Catholic abodes intentionally built on infant sacrifice sites to show triumph over pagans, but then there's a lot I don't know.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

<< 1   >>

join