It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Beautiful Earth - Underwater Exploration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hello ATS
&
Good morning

It's so very very early in the morning, however I'm feeling rather inspired. I figured NOW would be the best time to take advantage of that and share some "Beautiful Things."'

To start out, one of my personal top-favorite affinities of all time is underwater exploration. There's just nothing like feeling of bliss, comfort, adventure, INTRIGUE and excitement about maneuvering through the passageways of the underwater realm. To seek, to observe, to interact with all the beautiful mysteries hidden deep below, often in the dark, away from the prying eyes of the constant, busy world above.

Although this first one I would like to share isn't in an ocean or lake, this is Amazing to me. I mean, I think I could spend all day in here if nobody made me come out.

Nemo 33 - The Worlds Deepest Indoor Pool.
It's just so beautiful.

So calm. So Surreal.

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is long-distance swimming across lakes. I absolutely Love the challenge. It's definitely an adrenaline rush of exhilaration. The best part of the journey is the moment when begin to think, "am I going to make it all the way to the other side today, or is something bad about to happen?
ie: leg cramps, loss of ambition, total exhaustion, and I'm sure you can add to the list a plethora of other things. This is your mind's que in life that tells you when it's time to stretch your potential. I'm more of a mind-over matter person, when it comes to what my body can withstand in regards to the situation, in respect to what my mind can endure -- I have always have been this way.

You cannot fake endurance, but you can sure can bypass your bodies kinetic energy potential through prolonged practice and exposure to the tensions brought on by the elements that embody this earth; you can choose to battle against them, or become one with them.

This next clip is pretty neat, have a watch

Underwater Lake BBC Video

MEthane. [laughs]
..anyways

Does this video not at least make you think, think of anything at all? Not even of one thing?

Perhaps it makes you think of

"Perception"

Perception is the first thing that comes to my mind when I see this video.
The fact that there exists, what appears to be, to the eye, a body of water, within a body of water.
It makes me rethink how to see the world. Perception of your environment IS your
reality." But is it THE reality of the big picture, and what is the big picture?

Imagine: What if somebody, something, foreign to this earth set eyes upon our oceans, gazed about as hard as they could, but did not understand, right in front of their faces, how all that water was being held in such a mass vat (as 'they' may view it as), or how so much life can exist within it as it does, and HOW? Now try imagining yourself now after viewing this video, imagine that this underwater lake is new news to you (maybe it is, maybe it isn't), and that you do/did not understand how this could BE? What conclusions would you come to to describe such a complex system with your newly virgin-eyes seeing only your side of the fence at that moment. How would you grasp, how would you adapt?

This along, in it of itself, Amazes me about this planet. There's just a never ending world to explore, even perhaps multiple worlds, and it is waiting for you, if and whenever you wish to see it for yourself.

And most of all... the feeling of seclusion that you get while being underwater is beautiful. Not only underwater, but even if you happen to spend a few weeks out in nature, perhaps in a secluded forest, away from NOISE and traffic that encompasses "society's choice" of an every day life style. Reconnecting with nature for prolonged time-frames allows the mind to become aware of what it has been CRAVING. Your mind and body is STARVING to reconnect with nature. It's like those who drink soda their whole lives, and maybe realizing they are always so thirsty, and never fully satiated.

So, perhaps next time you find yourself in some secluded area, whether it be a forest, on top a mountain, in a cave, or even the depths of the underwater world, Relax, Breathe, Breathe slower, let go, let the busy thoughts in your mind go, and after you let them go, let go further from there, and after you do that, let go of the thought of letting them go, and then let go further from there. Imagine light shining through your eyelids into your eyes, light emitting from the sky through your head, continuing through your body, flowing all the way through, exiting from your feet and entering into the ground below you.

If you happen to find yourself sporting a content, fully unforced, gentle smile upon your face, with those bright and loving eyes, it could be that you may have very well found what it is that you were looking for.

Love

join