It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of 'Trending Pages" suggestion ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Just a thought ...

I used to post at a chat site that did this and we all liked it ... When you'd go to a thread, at the bottom of the page there was a space that showed how many people were on that thread while you were there. It listed the names of those who were signed in and it said how many guests. As people came and went, the numbers and names at the bottom of the page would update and change.

Example ... if I was on a Korea thread, in a box at the bottom it would say ...

Members - 5 (FlyersFan, Beezzer, Intrepid, KosmicJack, WildTimes)
Guests - 13

Maybe we could have that ... with or without the names of those who were reading.
But it was nice to see who or how many others were on the same thread as you.
It was like being in a room and discussing a subject and knowing who else was in
the same room with you. Or at least knowing how many people were in the same room.

Anyways .. just a thought ...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you could modify your idea so that it pointed out the active threads...

What I miss most about the trending page is that you didn't have to look into every thread to find out how active it was. This did two things. It gave you a warning system for important events and it weeded out the threads with sensationalist titles and baseless claims.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I liked the 'trending pages'.

I also like how it was done at the other site .. seeing how many (or who) was on the same thread as you were.

new topics

join