It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love Jesus. I'm a Jesus lover.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by NewAgeMan

@NewAgeMan,

I have an earnest question for you: Could you give some examples of Jesus' humor? I honestly have never heard/read any humorous quotes of his, or anecdotes concerning him. This is a serious request/question.

I created a separate thread to try and explain why we think Christ to be a little humorous.

I am very interested in your response. I would like to know first do you understand and second what you think about the philosophy.

Newage i was hopping to see what you might think as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by NewAgeMan

@NewAgeMan,

I have an earnest question for you: Could you give some examples of Jesus' humor? I honestly have never heard/read any humorous quotes of his, or anecdotes concerning him. This is a serious request/question.

I created a separate thread to try and explain why we think Christ to be a little humorous.

I am very interested in your response. I would like to know first do you understand and second what you think about the philosophy.

Newage i was hopping to see what you might think as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

I read some of the thread you linked to, and I see nothing about humor there, let alone evidence that Jesus had a sense of humor. It is a theory on the reason for/cause of emotions in general, stating that emotions stem from judgement.

I think emotions can come from much more basic things than judgement, e.g. hard-wired reactions to stimuli, or learned behavior to stimuli -- this latter definition could be considered a judgement, but a lot of emotions occur to quickly for one to make a conscious judgment.

Still looking for some simple evidence to back up the claim made by the OP that Jesus had a sense of humor, i.e. which is borne out in Biblical passages.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

The humor is in the philosophy. All we have to do is pursue love and God has guaranteed we will find love. But yet no one pursues love, not even the ones who claim they believe in Jesus.

There are people who believe that Jesus is God but they still don't do what he says and expect some sort of mystical salvation.

The path is so easy. If you pursue love you find love. The NT is less than 200 pages.

Do you see the humor yet. Life is this easy, pursue love and you find it. The humor comes in when we decide to make it more complex than this.

I mean think about it all we have to do is choose to love one another and if we did all we would see around us is love. But we have chosen the world we live in instead. Pretty funny if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Don’t you also find it humorous that three of the largest religions all claim they are the sole heirs to the love of God? Yet somehow they all believe in the same God. And all three of their profits base message is to love one another. Yet none do it, instead they fight wars over who God loves more. Is that just a little funny?

The other religions are a little closer if you want to drift away into indifference, we are not here to not make waves, we are here to create tsunamis, love tsunamis that well up inside of us until it floods onto others. I think we can agree religion can’t be the way to evolve. So let us just put that history lesson aside and love one another. We can debate who said it first or best or whatever some other time.

edit on 18-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Yes, there is always something humorous about looking for something all over the place only to realize it is right in front of us all along. I see the commandments of love Jesus gave as not only brilliant but humorous - because on the one hand they require EVERYTHING to be turned to God in love, but until we are so turned to God, we cannot fulfill the commandments fully! Hahahaha! The greatest Zen koan ever!

However, when we get so frustrated in trying to love God with the whole heart, soul, mind, and body, and neighbor as oneself - we finally give up our egoic attempts and realize that we are not separate from God, and are already freely communing with God as love. It was our endless egoic attempts toward union with objects and others rather than with God that kept us from noticing we are already not separate from God/Love all along. This is what Jesus was demonstrating and teaching with his commandments.

Now whether Jesus told jokes or not, who knows - but I imagine he had some good times with his closest followers once they recognized his and their love, communion, and freedom. Why not? Why wouldn't they celebrate his appearance and gifts to them?
edit on 18-4-2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I detect mirth and thus humor in almost everything Jesus says.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Griffo515

Just asking. Why are you not willing to base your life around love?

Open your eyes you fool, and learn to read.
Atrocities in the bible...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Why dont you go live with these people? ...its all about love right?

edit on 18-4-2013 by Griffo515 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I have seen that guy, he is all about people loving him. Sorry I am more concerned with loving everyone else. He already has enough love.

I can tell you a secret, he really doesn't have love. Because you see he is seeking worship not love, so he has found worshipers but not love.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

What have I said that makes me a fool.

Am I a fool for claiming that you should love other people?
Am i fool for clamming if you pursue love you find love?

I am interested in what exactly makes me a fool.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The fact that you have assumed I'm not willing to "love" those around me because I blasted the bible...that makes you a fool.
The fact that you would think the bible would encourage one to base their life around love, would most definitely make you a fool.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I never met the guy myself. I do have a lot of respect for god, the being that is said to have filled his body. From what I see in the writings in the bible I think he would have been a good guy to have coffee with at the restaurant.
edit on 19-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The fact that you have assumed I'm not willing to "love" those around me because I blasted the bible...that makes you a fool.
The fact that you would think the bible would encourage one to base their life around love, would most definitely make you a fool.

I did not assume you are not willing to love. Are you willing to love? If you love me you would stop calling me a fool. This much I am sure of. Whether I am a fool or not I will let you decide.

If I am a fool let me foolishly believe that all men can learn to love one another. And no matter why you believe in love, it's possible for love to become your sole purpose and desire in life. If believing all of this is possible, because I am a witness to the fact that it is possible, makes me a fool, than I will be a fool for love.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think he would have been a lot of fun to hang around with, I agree.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join