It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love Jesus. I'm a Jesus lover.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That would be the gospel of MCL1150

One of those unreleased books...

Everyone seems to have one nowadays. Lots of stuff the Holy Spirit forgot to mention in the first century.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eladria

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I am glad you can take all the good and ignore all the bad that jesus
encouraged, i have a hard time get past the brutal immoral things he
commands his followers to do in his and his fathers name, to stone,
murder, enslave and otherwise demean humanity by claiming morality
when there was none is not a good thing, i don't see how it ever could be.

To love a brutal dictator like being that cannot even equal current human
morality is a bit odd but many folks loved hitler and stalin and on and on.

One thing i would ask is that you please be more moral than the one you
worship was, then we can all love what we want freely and be happy.

Can you list those brutal immoral teachings Jesus taught please
or
are they just assumptions.

Its sad when people make comments based an assumptions.

I am a Jesus lover as well, I am always at His mercy.

God bless you

and Jesus didnt know everything....

I think bloodrev is assuming all Christians believe Jesus is God. If Jesus was God then yes, he did commit quite a few brutal and immoral acts by encouraging slavery, rape, and murder. See the Old Testament.

Oh contrare, God applied the justice of the law, not brutal or immoral, retribution.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You might want to do some serious hard research.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

You might want to do some serious hard research.

I have.

I'll bring some forward to allay some of the misconceptions being presented by a few in this thread, like the idea that there was no historical Jesus for one.

edit on 15-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Parable of the Good Samaritan

Luke 10:25-37

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"

In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."

Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

-----------------

You've got to read this in it's appropriate context to really get it

www.jesuswalk.com...

"Go and do likewise."

That's just precious! ROTFLMAO!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
I'm so glad you feel so positive about somebody, unfortunately you have fallen for a fictional character.

Don't worry too much, many people love Superman and Harry Potter, just don't blur the line between fiction and reality.

The stories of Jesus were put together by Emperor Constantine, maybe he put together some other books you'd like to.

I'm afraid Jesus isn't real and there is no such thing as God.

Non Biblical evidence as proof for Jesus Christ

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Paying the Imperial Tax to Caesar

Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians.

“Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are.

Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?”

But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me?

Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

~ Mathew 22:15-22

--------------

He dealt with them pretty effectively as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I started to watch the first video but it quickly becomes apparent that the maker has a motive. He then bases his testimony on a heavily biased website. No no no

Lets say Jesus did exist, he certainly wasn't the son of any of mans gods as no god exists. In the time Jesus supposedly existed there were many many men professing to be the son of god. Maybe your Jesus was just the most convincing, maybe he told people more of what they wanted to hear. The life of Brian is far more accurate than the bible.

I know you're desperate for your religion to be right but there's nothing supporting your desire. I know you like to have your religious love ins here and you hate the voice of reason. I don't know why I'm wasting my time again trying to push modern knowledge instead of your ancient fairytale. Would you prefer to be left to your delusion.
edit on 15-4-2013 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

He is our Lord and only right full monarch, all others are false but the nature of this world lead's many of us away from his teaching's and nothing more so than being a lone believer in a world of secularism and atheism,.
I have always said I love him and his father but feel I have always failed him and find myself oft disgusted with my own nature that I am always at war with maybe because he said were ever two or more are gathered in my name I am also there but I have never felt at one with any church and though I believe the faith of others is there own personal way that I have never been able to bridge to myself but thank you for sharing this thread and I hope you are not so isolated in your belief.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

You claim that the gospels were made up out of whole cloth in the third century by Constantine.

Care to support that with a well reasoned argument? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Do I have to? It's a pretty well known fact.

Shall I disprove the bible too, that's also simple.

Would it make a blind bit of difference to you if I was to inconclusively prove your religion and all other religions incorrect?

I wouldn't expect you to admit to the facts. Your far too indoctrinated for that, the facts are readily available and should be a cure for your particular mental illness but humans have a hard time admitting they are wrong. Especially when it means turning your back on all you ever thought was real.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Don't worry about it. It would have had to have been a well educated and researched essay anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Well educated and researched?

If that was your principle you would certainly not be religious as it doesn't take much looking to realise the bible is a fairytale.

I would like to think that with unbiased compelling evidence I could change my opinion. I don't think you could say the same.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

First you'd have to actually READ the New Testament, and review, open mindedly the extra-Biblical historical evidence regarding the historical Jesus and have some understanding of early Church history.

Any critical analysis cannot be based on assumptions..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

But with the Old Testament clearly so inexcusably incorrect why should I consider the New Testament to be any different and what about the final testament?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You mean you've read the Old Testament, but not the New Testament i.e.: the Gospels (which btw, can be read in one sitting)?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I applaud your fresh perspective on this some what controversial character that so many people seem to have a subjective opinion about, but that is the beauty of it, the personal relationship, the snippets of his teachings that resonates with you on a deeper level than the rest. Some will forever rebuke his existence, criticize his ways or even ostracize the very existence of him, but one thing is for sure, this Jesus of Nazareth surely left a remarkable foot print on this planet and it will forever remain so long as man questions the very notions of his influence.

Good things

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Not since I was a child and I thought it was fiction then and I doubt now I'm older and wiser I'd change my mind

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Its the ideal not the law. If everyone lived like Christ taught would it be all crap then? I think its better to be the victim than the perpetrator, whos conscience awakens.
reply to post by borntowatch

You got right to the root of the matter. The ideal.

The ideal supposedly handed down by Jesus is an impossible task. Humans can't be perfect, not even close! So, these ideals can only lead believers into a sense of guilt and shame. Someone who loves Jesus, but secretly harbors hate for his neighbor (who is a total moron that nobody likes) or feel hate for a criminal, that man has failed. Man simply can't be love 24/7 all of their lives; it's not humanly possible.

Remember, with this god you don't have to do anything physical to fail. With this god you can be guilty of thought crimes - and everyone is probably guilty of this everyday.

We don't act, but we imagine getting revenge against someone that talked about us behind our backs. We pride ourselves on being smarter than others. How are we supposed to not fantasize, lust after a neighbor's beautiful spouse? It's what we DO!

I know, you'll say that Jesus understands this, so we just have to keep trying to be perfect. We can't try to be perfect - it's impossible.

Without these ideals you will find that you don't fail at anything mentioned above. You're just being the only thing you can be - human.

edit on 4/15/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

It needs to be understood Pops in terms of wholeness and integrity, love and forgiveness. Jesus did understand our limitations, which is why he performed a Great Work on our behalf relative to the holiness and perfection of God.

Think of it as an intercessory grace capable of filling in the gaps, while inviting us on a path of progress towards an ideal of perfection, and what would you rather we do, shoot for something less than the best of the best?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join