It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream that puzzled me the most - "Its Behind the Sun"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I had a dream that I followed my friends running up the stairs of Celtic like ruins. On a turn of the stairs I stopped to think to myself, "I cant always follow my friends, I have to lead sometimes." It was then when I stopped that I met this magical type fox. It walked up to me slowly and very cheerfully. The fox wasn't normal. It had multiple legs like a Caterpillar, its eyes were comically big, its fur was striped like a tiger but with the usual fox color pallet, it had golden dust or miniature fairy type creatures revolving around it in random patterns. The best feeling i can describe when it was near me was warming love and a bit of ecstasy.

When it spoke it had an accordion type voice with an echo. It was also high pitched but very very pleasing to the ear to listen to. It said one thing only, "Its behind the sun" I replied "what is? what is behind the sun" It said before walking away, "Don't tell anyone."

So I stepped forward to touch it being amazed at its presence and it walked away, I ran up the stairs to meet my friends at the top of the ruin/hill area, and i tried to explain what i saw, they knocked it off as a lie so i didn't bother to mention to them what it said to me. I just ignored them at that point in the dream and turned to face the sun. There was a little black dot silhouette at the edge of the sun. but that specific detail didn't hold importance to me then.
edit on 14-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Interesting dream! Thanks for sharing.

You know, before the 12/21/12 date, there was a lot of talk that legendary Nibiru would come at Earth from behind the sun.

I'm not supporting any Nibiru theories, but I think it's interesting that some cosmic object like a comet could swing around the sun and come back our way. It is possible.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply. I completely forgot about that, but to deter people from thinking my dream was influenced by nibiru, this dream came to me somewhere before 2005.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi, I'll throw 2 cents in,

To me it sounds that your subconscious is pointing you to something hidden in plain sight. Something that you can't see because you are rushing around or following a path you should not be on.
Something important only concerning you that you are missing because you are not looking hard enough.
Slow down and look around, check your health and don't look directly at the sun.
edit on 4/14/13 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If something is hiding behind the sun, then it must be playing hide and seek with the millions of astronomers that are watching the sky 24/7

also since the Earth orbits the sun that means that at some point this year we'll be "behind" the sun

anyways interesting dream nonetheless

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Heh yes thats what threw me off originally, the sun is 3d and the meaning that i understood it in the dream was as if behind meant like behind a 2d object. I always thought theres nothing to hide the sun is out there for everyone to see. but whats behind it despite my reasoning just keeps me puzzled.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer

Thats a very interesting dream

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I guess it could refer to a particular planet behind the Sun at the time of the dream, an absence of influence...a job for astrologers.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAConsumer

I saw a documentary once when this fat bald guy in blue pants was chasing a talking space coyote up some mystical stairs. Are you sure your not having flashbacks from that ?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Cool dream. I really enjoyed reading it.
But it's a dream, and it means absolutely nothing.

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
I ran up the stairs to meet my friends at the top of the ruin/hill area, and i tried to explain what i saw, they knocked it off as a lie so i didn't bother to mention to them what it said to me. I just ignored them at that point in the dream and turned to face the sun.

Because of this part of your dream, I don't think you'll believe me. Your mind is already made up, and no fact or opinion is going to change your mind. And that's understandable, people's subjective reality determines what world they live in, so to speak.

But in objective reality, if there is truly such a thing, that's the cold hard truth. Dreams are just dreams, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I thought the foxipillar told you not to tell anyone, no?
You didn't listen very well...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Well, I guess the same thing will apply to you then.
No amount of wisdom or ancient knowledge or personal anecdotes will change your mind about dreams not meaning anything.
And heck, maybe yours don't.

But nothing in this life is meaningless.
So why would the reality where we spend 1/3rd of our lifetime be 'meaningless?'

I think nature has a better design than that.
Just listen.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
OP, it might be of interest and then, it might be reassuring...but Earth has had 24/7 and 360 degree full view of the Sun ..both sides..since 2011.

Each STEREO probe photographs half of the star and beams the images to Earth. Researchers combine the two views to create a sphere. These aren't just regular pictures, however. STEREO's telescopes are tuned to four wavelengths of extreme ultraviolet radiation selected to trace key aspects of solar activity such as flares, tsunamis and magnetic filaments. Nothing escapes their attention.

The effort began in 2006...

NASA has been building toward this moment since Oct. 2006 when the STEREO probes left Earth, split up, and headed for positions on opposite sides of the sun (movie). Feb. 6, 2011, was the date of "opposition"—i.e., when STEREO-A and -B were 180 degrees apart, each looking down on a different hemisphere. NASA's Earth-orbiting Solar Dynamics Observatory is also monitoring the sun 24/7. Working together, the STEREO-SDO fleet should be able to image the entire globe for the next 8 years.
(Source: NASA)

Among other things, it means there can't be new sunspots form out of Earth's line of sight and come around to surprise us in a real bad way. It also insures there are no remaining mysteries on the other side....since for all intents and purposes at this point, there isn't a 'far side' anymore. Useful effort on this one eh?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
If I could make my dreams into movies I'd have enough to buy a country.

Your dreams are as vivid as mine.

Keep in mind something though.... they are 'dreams'.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Well, I guess the same thing will apply to you then.
No amount of wisdom or ancient knowledge or personal anecdotes will change your mind about dreams not meaning anything.
And heck, maybe yours don't.

But nothing in this life is meaningless.
So why would the reality where we spend 1/3rd of our lifetime be 'meaningless?'

I think nature has a better design than that.
Just listen.

I could prove that some things in life are indeed meaningless. It's arbitrary, and I have no actual desire to do it, but I assure you... some things happen just because.

If you really need a "reason" for dreams, then very well. The "reason" for dreams occuring is because of random synapses of your neurons during sleep. Some of them are connected to your memories, and some are stemmed in the part of the brain which allows humans to have abstract thoughts, fears, anger, love, euphoria, and whatever other emotions a person can feel.

Scientifically speaking, dreams are meaningless.

Spiritually/Metaphysically speaking... Well, that's all BS as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and all the ancient knowledge that was meaningful is still incorporated in modern thinking. Like the discoveries of Galileo, Copernicus, Pythagoras, and so on. However, there is no ancient wisdom in the idiom "everything happens for a reason." Unless by wisdom you mean poetry that sounds beautiful but is actually rather empty in terms of truth. (And evidence/proof for that matter) In fact, in my experience it's more favorable and prevalent among the new-age new-science (pseudoscience) type of people.

You're wrong about another thing, too. I change my mind when presented with new information. However, that information has to be empirical evidence that can be tested... Or at least perceived by my senses.

Dreams don't count as evidence.

Oh, and for the record, over 99% of all species that have ever lived on Earth are now extinct. So nature's designs really aren't that great. They're more like trial-and-error that only works as long as the evironment is suitable for the organism.

edit on 14-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The dream said 'do not tell anyone' ... so you posted it here on ATS.

I predict another dream coming in which someone says ... 'I told you not to tell anyone!'

Seriously though .. it could have been anything.
Maybe it was just a dream. Maybe it means something.
I can interpret my own dreams because I'm used to what the symbols mean.
But we don't know what the symbols in your dreams mean to you ....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
If something is hiding behind the sun, then it must be playing hide and seek with the millions of astronomers that are watching the sky 24/7

also since the Earth orbits the sun that means that at some point this year we'll be "behind" the sun

Yes, but is something was "hiding" behind the Sun, that means it can move and is intelligently controlled. Which means as we move around the Sun, it's going to move too in order to stay hidden.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Kaiser is the project scientist for NASA's Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory (STEREO) mission, which in 2006 sent two golf-cart-size satellites into orbit around the sun to study the explosions on the solar surface that are a major factor in space weather. A few months after their launch, the two probes were angled such that they could see beyond the sun, but they found no planets lurking behind the big star.

popsci.com

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Sorry, that's just not correct at all, from personal experience and seeing in the flesh and in constructions, of dreams experienced, which also had significance and meaning. Many times over.
From listening to the dreams of those around me, even those had vast significance.

You're trying to sound intellegent and forceful with your opinion, but your opinion is incorrect.

edit on 14-4-2013 by AussieAmandaC because: cool song eleven44 ta.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gilledngutted

I'd love to see the doc so i can figure it out if it influenced my dream or not,

But this dream was a long time ago and its awesome to see all the references on the internet about looking beyond or behind the sun, wow.

Dream Update
Going on the meaningless subject, It wasn't a dream where I thought wow this was so vivid it must have some meaning. It was a dream where I haven't felt that great in before, and when the fox said "It's behind the sun" In the dream i wondered about the significance of the sun to our world physically and spiritually. Weather it was just a sun we use to live or if there was real meaning when you go past it. I did fail to mention that I wondered if a higher being "god/alien" resided behind the sun. Sort of like a person behind the screen watching what the light source projecting onto us. I also wondered is the Truth behind the sun, the truth about our lives.

And last I thought when waking up that day was "is whats behind the sun the answer to everything."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join