It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Sends Mistaken Missile Alert to Airports After Quake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Japan Sends Mistaken Missile Alert to Airports After Quake

Japan’s aviation bureau mistakenly reported a North Korean missile launch as it sought damage reports from airports after the biggest earthquake in the western part of the country since 1995.

www.bloomberg.com

edit on 14-4-2013 by silo13 because: my bold

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Japan’s aviation bureau mistakenly reported a North Korean missile launch

Absolutely sobering to imagine how this event could have been blown out of proportion.

The wrong message sent. The wrong button pushed. WWIII sparked by mother nature herself, helped along by the inaptitude of men.

Enjoy your Sunday people - it could have been the last for many...

peace

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-4-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I haven't heard it changed so I'm thinking it's still this way but this would be why the Russians and America aimed the alert and near-automated nuclear systems to a spot in the open ocean. Poor fish out there would be cooked clear to bedrock, I'm sure...but I understand it was done after the fall of the wall so an inadvertent launch warning OR hostile takeover of a launch site still wouldn't trigger World War III purely by accident.

Still...It is scary to hear how close major war has been in the past from the perfectly predictable failings of mere men and judgement. It's a miracle the world has survived this long in the atomic age.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Still...It is scary to hear how close major war has been in the past from the perfectly predictable failings of mere men and judgement. It's a miracle the world has survived this long in the atomic age.

When I read this? My blood turned to water. Truly. I now know what that phrase actually 'feels' like. Especially after reading on ATS there’s such a short time to respond to a launch. Definitely not enough time to check if Korea North had actually struck.
So sobering.
Wow.

peace

edit on 14-4-2013 by silo13 because: oops

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
can you imagine if ww3 was triggered by frayed nerves and a mild earthquake? it sounds like a bad joke. i can't believe this almost happened. it's like we've set all these mousetraps around us and if anyone moves too suddenly, they all go off in a chain reaction.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's very scary. Hair-trigger at the moment, totally unpredictable (for us who aren't the in-the-know politicians). It seems things have reached 'critical mass.'

I wish all of you peace, and tranquility.
~wild

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It seems things have reached 'critical mass.'

So close. *Shaking my head*

To think: The world, at this very minute could be destroyed. Done for. Over a silly mistake.

I mean, sure, I know it can happen at any time - we never know when or how the world will 'go' - a sunburst, asteroid, idiot bombing us all to hell and back - but when we can see how close the call really was?

peace

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

but when we can see how close the call really was?

I don't know, hun. Maybe never. But I'm nervous about it.

hug to you

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
At this stage, any small mistake can trigger the WW3. Irony is that NoKo will not going to start it, but the trigger happy nations around NoKo.

Like I said it before, nuclear weapons (as scary as they are) are obsolete weaponry and no one in right mind would use it (unless MoFo idiots ruling Israel for mass genocide as hateful as they are in Sampson option mood).

Rulers of NoKo will not use any nukes unless in defence mood and that usage cost both sides a lot (both n human and natural loss).

Does anyone of you think that they are desperate and crazy enough (like Israelis) for blackmailing and holding ransom the whole world for their agenda.?

SMH

edited... read this first

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-4-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

At this stage, any small mistake can trigger the WW3...

Yes, or used as an excuse to 'trigger' WWIII.

On the other hand? After getting over my first 'shock' this morning - all those 'could have and would have' thoughts? I started thinking positive

Nothing happened.

So at least we know TPTB are not just looking for an excuse - cause we're all still here (the collective ‘we‘ in the world)!

The silver lining to this cloud is gold.

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

SnF as per usual to your posts silo..... I have not heard the news today but yes indeed that was a close one. Ironic mother nature to trigger WWIII to rid herself of her awful virus.... Us the human race... I read in many forums and heard many videos that there are again many smarter people than myself who buy into the theory that there are aliens who will protect us from our own total nuclear wipe-out! The latest name for them is "The Guardians"! My only come back to those stories is what about WWII and all of the nuclear tests since after dropping the first two on the Japaneses?

Back on Topic your thread has reminded me a story I read in military school which was taken way from me as unacceptable reading but read it again in High School.... The book is called Fail Safe....

Not the movie! The movie was a short cut, but, the book as you got into the minds of everyone involved....

Fail Safe The Book

Fail Safe where to buy the book but more important page down for readers comments

Worrying times ahead IMHO....

Thanks for the info Silo! Time for a shower in case the buttons are pushed don't want to vaporize unshaven....

edit on 4/14/2013 by IceHappy because: spelling mistakes as per usual edits there rather than originally used their..... duh

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is where the computerized age sucks. A simple mistake becomes chaotic. People don't talk to others anymore, they push keys, sometimes the wrong key, and Chaos erupts. Mistakes can happen faster and become more widespread this way. Many people don't question things they see, they are not aware, they don't pick up a phone and call someone....all you get that way is a recording anyway....five minutes after pushing buttons and getting to the wrong person you give up.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Japan’s aviation bureau mistakenly reported a North Korean missile launch

Absolutely sobering to imagine how this event could have been blown out of proportion.

The wrong message sent. The wrong button pushed. WWIII sparked by mother nature herself, helped along by the inaptitude of men.

Enjoy your Sunday people - it could have been the last for many...

peace

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-4-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

You're right. Wrong message, wrong button. All gone

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes this happened a couple of days ago so maybe it's happened twice now? Shows how on edge they are

top topics

join