It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration And Zionism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
On March 21, 2013, U.S. President Barak Obama mentions Zionism.

"For the Jewish people, the journey to the promise of the State of Israel wound through countless generations. It involved centuries of suffering and exile, prejudice, pogroms and even genocide. Through it all, the Jewish people sustained their unique identity and traditions, as well as a longing to return home. And while Jews achieved extraordinary success in many parts of the world, the dream of true freedom finally found its full expression in the Zionist idea – to be a free people in your homeland."

It strikes one as rather odd that "true freedom" would be directly correlated to the "Zionist idea."

It has been customary to hear modern politicians trumpeting "Democracy" or "God" as the catalyst of Freedom. Why the change of rhetoric?

The State of Israel governs by Parliamentary Democracy. Why not mention "Democracy" with "Freedom" as politicians usually do?

Remember what U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said?

"If I were a Jew I'd be a Zionist. I am a Zionist. You don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist."

ATS'ers, what thoughts arise in you?

Related ATS Threads:

Obama's Historic Address To The Israeli People

"I Am A Zionist! You Don't Have To Be A Jew To Be A Zionist!" Joe Biden - (Video)

Obama's New VP: Joe Biden, a self proclaimed zionist. (video)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
• Zionism is an ideology formed on the basis of a "Right of Return" for all diasporic Jews to the "Promised Land" and the formation of a Jewish state therein.

Ancestral Argument

• Abraham was an Iraqi-Canaanite. Not only is he the father of the Hebrew and Jewish people, but he is also the progenitor of the Semites descended from Ishmael and Esau.

REGARDING: Ishmael
The argument of illegitimacy and bastardization of Ishmael is nonsense. The fruit of a man's loins is his tree, regardless of the soil it was sown in. This is why men today pay child-support for children they had out of wedlock.

• The Palestinian People share just as much ancient Abrahamic Semetic blood as the Hebrews and Jews.

• Palestinians, like the Jews, can trace their genes to the pre and post inhabitants of Canaan.

• The Palestinians are more closely related to Jews than to Bedouin Arabs.

Religious Argument

Three Oaths according to the Talmud:

'What was the purpose of those three adjurations? One, that Israel shall not go up [all together as if surrounded] by a wall; the second, that whereby the Holy One, blessed be He, adjured Israel that they shall not rebel against the nations of the world; and the third is that whereby the Holy One, blessed be He, adjured the idolaters that they shall not oppress Israel too much'.

- Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Kethuboth, Folio 111a

Therefore, the very nature of Zionism is in clear contradiction and opposition to Judaistic religious belief.

Anti-Zionism (Wiki)

Jewish Organizations in Opposition to Zionism:

- NETUREI KARTA
- True Torah Jews
- Jews Not Zionists

No "Palestinian" Identity or Nationalism Prior To The Twentieth Century

This is a common argument. The Palestinian people had no true unified nation. Since no "recognized" political or national body existed amongst the Palestinian people, Zionist proponents act as though the Palestinian people are a figment of our imagination.

The lack of a nationalistic body does not negate the fact that non-Jewish people living in the Levant can trace their genes to the ancient and post inhabitants of Canaan.

"Palestinians" did not have a unified governing body prior to the 20th Century, but they still inhabited vast portions of Canaan.

• Today, Palestinians comprise one of the largest emigrate refugee groups in the world.
Palestinian Refugees (Wiki) There are approximately 5 million Palestinian Refugees and their descendants living outside of The State of Israel.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
- Do you believe Jews have a right to return to Canaan and establish a state?

We are all children of the Earth, the Sun, and The One. We all share the same blood of Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam. All of us humans are family! We can share the entire world with each other and travel as we wish, in Peace and Love.

If rock decides a terrible quake, sinking, rising, or fracturing,... If water decides a terrible storm, flood, or tsunami,... If air decides a terrible gust or tornado,... If fire decides to burn, scorch, or volcanize,... If cold decides blizzard or glaciation,... who then can claim sovereignty of land over natural force?

- Do you support armed resistance by either the Israelis or Palestinians?

Most certainly, we are all genetically related; Family. Most certainly, we are the same interconnected essence of atoms and subatomic substances, not separated.

When we fight, we are only fighting ourselves. It is extremely heartbreaking to see the hatred, fear, distrust, violence, death, oppression, and tyranny on both sides of the Apartheid/Security Wall.

- One state, two state, what's the solution?

It is necessary for us all to have a mass realization to the facts that have recently been observed in the last several decades.

1. Geneticists, scientists, and researchers from all around the world have discovered that every living human on this planet is descended from one Mitochondrial Eve and one Y-Chromosomal Adam. We are indeed all family.

2. Physicists and scientists of multiple domains have discovered that all subatomic particles are directly related, connected, and effect each other through the entanglement principle and nonlocality. Everything consists of these interconnected and linked subatomics particles -> atoms -> elements. All of existence is One.

What you do to others, you do to yourself. Others are your Self through oneness.

And perhaps, through a mass realization of these facts, our hearts shall open to a higher level of love, compassion, peace, and altruism. We will care, share, and help others more, because we know that we have a very deep relationship to every person and everything in this existence. And we will see how tragic it is, how foolish it is for any of us to be killing a part of the divine, a part of our Self. And all of us "outside" of the conflict shall collectively care more, and help more towards a peaceful resolution of this sorrowful situation.

The collective recorded history of mankind has illustrated very clearly that war, violence, and oppression has never been able to sustain lasting peace. Foundations built on blood shall bear the fruit of future blood. They have every single time.

Peace can only stand on a foundation built on Peace. Love, Freedom, and Compassion are the roads to a solution.

Cheers to Peace!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

Any Politican who WANTS to be Elected, has to Swear Love to Israel, or they will Lose.
Thats the Fact of American Politics Nowadays.
Obama , actually is the Least Attractive to Israel, Israel Lobbied Hard for Romney to win.
Obama's Appointment of Hagel as Sec of Def, was a sign to Israel that the US will tread Lightly in any Military Action that Israel gets Invovled in.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Hello there Tw0Sides.

"Obama's Appointment of Hagel as Sec of Def, was a sign to Israel that the US will tread Lightly in any Military Action that Israel gets Invovled in."

Why do you feel this is so? I found lots of accusations that Chuck Hagel is an "anitsemite" because of his criticisms of AIPAC, and his concerns over Israel's nuclear weapons and the human-rights violations against the Palestinians.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

"The dream of true freedom finally found its full expression in the Zionist idea."
- President Barak Obama

Zionism equals Freedom?

Honestly, I'm surprised that not much discussion has sprung from this new evidence of American Zionism.

edit on 30-4-2013 by Kgnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The speech is in Israel so the meaning of it, as i understand it, is that Jewish nation found freedom after established their own state. Aka, Zionism.
Again, thats how i read it. Of course that depends on context but i am not going to waste 49 minutes listening to politicians,sorry.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Hello ZeroKnowledge.

I had to let out a laugh when you said, "i am not going to waste 49 minutes listening to politicians,sorry."

As mentioned in the OP;

The State of Israel governs by Parliamentary Democracy. Why not mention "Democracy" with "Freedom" as politicians usually do?

It has been customary to hear modern politicians trumpeting "Democracy" or "God" as the catalyst of Freedom. Why the change of rhetoric?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Free´dom Pronunciation: frē´dŭm

n. 1. The state of being free; exemption from the power and control of another; liberty; independence.

2. Privileges; franchises; immunities.

3. Exemption from necessity, in choise and action; as, the freedom of the will.

4. Ease; facility; as, he speaks or acts with freedom.

5. Frankness; openness; unreservedness.

6. Improper familiarity; violation of the rules of decorum; license.

7. Generosity; liberality.

True freedom in the Zionist Idea? When we observe the historic and modern treatment of the native Canaanites,... we can barely call this Freedom.

More so, Zionism brought power to Jews while bringing oppression and tyranny to the native/aboriginal Canaanites, i.e., Palestinians.

Empowering one group above another is not freedom.

Peace.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I use to believe like most of the rest of the Americans. That a true and steady course, ie work and do your best and love your family. Is the way to live They, and I mean those who believe they own every thing and everyone, control not only every thing you see and hear, but even who you mary. My views on what an American is has changed.

top topics

join