It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dawn - would you fight?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
I think if there ever was an invasion on US soil it is likely that the majority of the population would be defending itself against other Americans. The first strikes will be military and transportation targets. 99% of the population will live through that . The first real visible enemy will be hunger. Barely anyone has enough food to make it through the week without restock. A full scale invasion on any country in North America would take years to accomplish if it were even possible.

Would i defend myself (if this scenario was in Canada)? yes i would but i doubt it would be against Russians or North Koreans. It will be against my fellow countrymen who are just as hungry as I am.

Got a song for ya.............................

edit on 14-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have several bombs/landmines I made strong enough to blow up small houses for zombies or deadly outbreak or a cival war of some kind and enough 30-06 shells to wipe out a small population. I welcome chaos.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

We're no longer in the '80s, OP. America is now one of the -if not THE- worst prison States on the planet, with a very lucrative corporate prison system, and violent police thugs systematically abusing or killing people in the streets out of racism, when it's not just overall brain-dead despotism and power trip. Looks like we're way past the Red Dawn, somewhere around 10 AM on a #ty working day.

But to answer your question straight, seeing hordes of North Koreans (as these are the only Reds lefts on this planet with a credible military strength) parachuting themselves in a typical boring suburbian landscape would make me think it's just another stupid PR stunt.

And if they get to attack people, that's not gonna make any difference than with cops doing the same already. We are in a Soviet Romania-like system already, no surprise here.

BTW, how could you even watch such garbage of a movie!? The former film was kinda good in its own ways, but this... uuuugh!

edit on 14/4/13 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GanjaBudz
I have several bombs/landmines I made strong enough to blow up small houses for zombies or deadly outbreak or a cival war of some kind and enough 30-06 shells to wipe out a small population. I welcome chaos.

I just hope you are morally worthy of possessing such destruction power. Just be careful what you're doing with this, for you may easily hurt people who don't deserve it, okay?
edit on 14/4/13 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot

Like a gladiator

You see. that's what I am talking about right there.

Tanned, muscular alpha males, covered in sweat.

That's the whole reason why we have war!

It's sexy! We could all be a bunch fat beta males watching TV or have sexy alpha male wars.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
Today I watched the remake of Red Dawn. For those who haven't seen it, it is about Russia and North Korea working together to invade the mainland US. Setting aside the fact that the movie is FICTION and very unlikely, I couldn't help but kinda WISH that something like that *would* happen. It's painful to watch our society devolve into a country that no longer values the ideals that made it strong and the greatest civilization that ever lived. To see citizens that don't value freedom, the Constitution, and our rights. I've long said that regaining our freedom will not be done by those who had freedom and lost it due to apathy. It will only be gained by those who have never had it and want it.

So, hypothetically speaking, if war ever did break out in the mainland....would you fight, even at the expense of your family? Would you give everything?

Originally it was china then they spent a yr to change it to koreans

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Interesting thread and I think what Wrabbit2000 said in his first post on this thread was the most logical and something I would do myself .

given the situation we have of propaganda , and secrecy our governments and not exactly honest in their dealing around the world. be it invading the middle east or drone strikes in populated areas , I would assume is pissing off many countries .

one would be foolish just to start firing willy nilly at indaving troops with out understanding as to why ( but the response from others in here really don't surprise me much ) especially with how many people whine and cry about how they need a revolution and over throw the government . For all they know they could be invading america like how america invaded iraq and afghanistan , they might be just trying to liberate you people from a tyrannical government .

siding with your government might just be helping your government with their tyranny .

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
The way I look at it is we currently elect our dictator. We elect that person from a choice of two. If another force invaded and took over, all that would do is take away one person from that choice. Not a huge difference. I do mean this in a bit of a sardonic tone but it's not that far off from how I really feel.

I, too, do not like that our government is run by career politicians who, more often than not, reek of corruption. This was never the intention of the founding fathers, by far. They never intended civil service to be a CAREER.

However, that being said....if you think NK or China or even Russia could take over the US and you wouldn't see a "huge difference" in your daily life, you are sadly misinformed and grievously mistaken. Even as bastardized as our rights have become, we still hold far more freedoms than citizens in those countries. There is so much about life in America that is taken for granted because you have never known or experienced anything different.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkl0rd

G.I. Joe 2 was announced for 2012 june or something but then something happened and the release has been postponed to 2013.

It was postponed because the studio wanted to re-edit it for 3D. It was a business decision and nothing nefarious about it.

It has started with this:

That was the schock test for the audience - to see their reactions and follow with a more realistic scenario.

I attended the premiere of this film and clearly remember the audiences reaction....they cheered.

If you repeat a subject over and over again - the minds of the people will be subconciously ready for that moment to occur. The same applies to the recent virus/quarantine movies. The objective of those movies are to make people accept the fact that: in order to survive, the infected ones must be quarantined and killed, but dont worry this will be done by your benevolent government and you dont have to kill anyone on your own.

Like I said above, this year there are "three" movies about taking the Capitol Hill down. The point here is not "why" it is being taken down, but HOW!

You are right...but not for the reasons you think you are. Hollywood is a business. It produces scripts based upon what they feel will resonate most with audiences and make them the most money. There is big business around analytics in this industry.

However, it is a psychological fact that repeated introduction to an idea will, over time, normalize that idea within a society. Had the households of the 40's or 50's seen the regular television fare of today's society, they'd have revolted en masse. What is "acceptable" or "inacceptable" by moral societal standards has drastically changed over the past 100 years.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

First of all, to "kinda wish" for something like this to happen is extremely naive. Anyone who wishes for combat has no real clue as to what is involved in it. Second of all, I come from a family with long, strong military ties, and have previously served, so damn right I would fight, till the death. At the cost of my family? My family would understand the cost and sacrafice, we're all on the same page with this.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Its not really possible to invade America at this point. Any invasion would have to come either through Canada or our southern border and we would be aware of it long before they were in position meaning we would be fighting them before they got here.

Any attack or resupply from sea would be pointless since our sub-fleet cannot be matched and would sink any vessel before they even left their original ports. Same thing with an air-invasion. They couldn't get through our superior air-force.

The only option would be to nuke us and hope they get enough of our military assests to make an invasion possible. Even then, we still maintain our second strike capability through the nuclear triade so they would be wiped out by that.

Just not possible in any shape or form.

The movie was very vague about the logistics of how the invasion happened. They basically said the invaders used EMPs to knock out military systems and then followed it up with non-nuclear bombs. And they didn't have control of the whole country....simply parts of it (the eastern seaboard and northwest).

So let's talk about that....

Anyone who knows anything about the current state of our critical infrastructure protection knows how utterly vulnerable we are as a nation. Although important strides are taking place to beef up our defenses in this area, we are highly vulnerable in the interim. A few well-placed EMPs *could* take down our power grid without much effort.

That being said, the government and military DOES have redundant systems in place which are protected from EMP. These safeguards are meant to allow the government and military continuity of operations in the event of an EMP. So it was clearly not a realistic explanation in the movie.

But it could and would easily disrupt the lives of the average American. Watch any documentary about what would happen should we lose the power grid for any extended length of time....and now add the premise that you have an aggressive, invading army who wants to indoctrinate you into a separate ideology.

And just like in the movie, they don't need to incarcerate everyone. They only need to make examples of or control certain factions of the population (those most likely to revolt), in order to make the others cower in fear and compliance. Take a child from their parents with their threat of that child's death and watch how compliant those parents become....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Probably wouldn't need to fight.... I tend to attract most people....strangers just come up and start talking with me. Guess they know i dont judge them nor try to control them.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

First of all, to "kinda wish" for something like this to happen is extremely naive. Anyone who wishes for combat has no real clue as to what is involved in it. Second of all, I come from a family with long, strong military ties, and have previously served, so damn right I would fight, till the death. At the cost of my family? My family would understand the cost and sacrafice, we're all on the same page with this.

I commend you for your sacrifice and military ties. I know well more than you realize what kind of cost comes with that choice...and I am far from naive.

I said I "kinda wished" for an invasion because there are so many citizens who don't value OR CARE about your sacrifice. They don't care about their freedoms or lost rights because they have become so entitled.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Red Dawn - would you fight?

I just know that US govt is good in making propaganda to invade countries. The rest is mostly fiction and fictional prediction.

And asking people to fight for US is almost another propaganda which will let people enter another war for decades.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I know the news about that G.I Joe 2 postponed due to 3D production but when you are in this business, you do not plan to release a movie after the same alikes has been already introduced to the audience. This will decrease the sales. The first release of a subjected scenario will arise more curiosity than the following ones.

Remember the Starship Troopers and its scenario?! If you look at it objectively, you can see that the landscape where the bugs live are very similar to the Afghanistans landscape. That movie was released before 9/11 and invasion of afghanistan.... that one was a pure propagandan about invading a cave dweller nation. Sure the bugs were so intelligent to send an asteroid from the edge of our galaxy with a precise hit accuracy. This scenario was as unreal as the 9/11 was accomplished by the Bin laden and co story.

Do you also recently realise that lately the american soldiers are in almost all movies, in the city or above it. For the moment they may be do not appear in reality that much but it is increasingly happening and when you see this first from the movies, than you will be normalised to accept their existence within places where they did not fit before.

Movies are not jokes! It may appear like business but some are deliberetly done for normalisations through suggestions.

What do you think when the White House got a hit and being destroyed.... what will be the reaction of the people and who will be to blame? Tell me from the perspective of the masses!

By the way.. thank you for your kind reply.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Once again another movie fails to show realistic actions.Washington this time ,Red Dawn. That airborne unit would be dead in minutes.It would start when ONE of them opened up with his rifle and got a 360 coverage respose fire,accurately placed.I guess they don't know how to put that on film yet. Without indirect or air support ,it would be over fast.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'll respond to this post the same way I have the others that mentioned an invasion of the mainland US.

Given the geographic make up and size of the mainland. Given major bodies of water on the 3 of 4 coasts. Given an allied country to the north with the only real way in is via the Mexican border. It is essentially tactically impossible for anyone to launch a "boots on the ground" type campaign against the mainland.

I'm not saying a nuclear, biological, chemical , EMP, terrorist, false flag, some thing else could not happen. What I am saying is it is tactically impossible for any invading force to launch a successful ground based invasion of the mainland US.

In another thread someone used the war of 1812 as proof that America had previously been invaded. That to me is ridiculous because during the war of 1812 America was roughly the size of Montana.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am not sure if I would fight. I have very little loyalty to my "homeland" I guess. I would be just as happy living in canada (would love it in fact!) or in any other country. As long as my kids are safe and I am able to make my own decisions. In fact my husband and I caught a short video on youtube about a woman who moved with her family 60+ish years ago into the snowy mountains and haven't looked back. Though my husband would not touch snow with a 10 foot pole and he would abhor living that far away from civilization, I would adore it.

If it came down to me fighting to keep my husband and kids out of a "camp" then yup. I would fight till my last breath. If it kept them from being killed then yes. But if it merely to "stay free" (are we free?) or to be a patriot and a good countryman... well then no. Like others have commented... trading our (predetermined winner) two party system for a (predetermined winner) one party system... well what is the difference? TPTB right now have no concern for the people that call this country home.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'd fight the black nobility.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I take it that this a fifth-grade student thesis inspired thread, possibly on population psychoanalysis?
You do get a laugh though, one of the early posters would have no problem putting a few bullets into Ruskies and NK's, which is pure rhetoric.
As for the OP's 'fiction' who knows? the most secretive branch of the military is the navy/s who have been on patrol in subs for God only knows how long...possibly since subs were invented

What is true, at least as far as can be gleaned, is that the only sub actually nicked was by the US navy of K129 which was already dead in the water, although the US did attempt to steal another 'live' Russian sub in a failed operation, why??.
This thread is pretty much also dead in the water.
edit on 14-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join