It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dawn - would you fight?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've thought about this a great deal since seeing that movie (and then going back and watching the TERRIBLE original version).

I like what a poster above said about basically not fighting until the sides are clearly defined.

I have a small child who is a factor in every decision I ever make. In this HYPOTHETICAL scenario, I think that me and mine would take to the woods. I would be afraid that if I let the invading forces take us into the camps presented in the movie that it would end up too much like the Holocaust or something. Also, do I want my daughter to be a prisoner? No way. What if the children are torn away from the parents and sent god knows where. That is not a chance I would be willing to take.

Yes, fighting is the hard way. It would be a hard life for her. But in my opinion, it would be more important for her to understand that this is our country, and it is worth fighting for even at great cost. Because in the end, not fighting would be putting your life in someone else's hands. Someone who clearly has bad intentions.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

(and then going back and watching the TERRIBLE original version).

R U Insane?!?!? The original is a freaking classic!!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Yes.

In spite of all the bad in this country, I fight for the hope of a better tomorrow. Truth be known, I don't even know why anymore. We are the smartphone generation. Where brain power is no longer needed. Just web access and a handheld device. No longer do people even try to learn anything. If it doesn't fit In a sound bite or can be instantly googled, it's not worth the trouble. As has thinking gone, so too has our humanity.

I would fight.... But only for the hope of a better tomorrow. I do not see that happening. Truly sad times in America.

Put it to the test...

Who can get around without GPS anymore?
When did driving and SUV become bad?
If science finds one single cell on Mars, it's considered life, but if it were the living cells of a fetus, it's not considered life.
And so on...

When did it become a crime to offend someone?
Why is it that in an overpopulated world, we keep trying to push safety on everyone to save lives?these are but so,e of the questions I ask myself when thinking about tomorrow.

Maybe we will to to war on the 15th of April with NK. Maybe we should. I don't know anymore.

I do know that the world has lost it's balance and if we don't right it... Nature will.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

LOL If you say so! I had to force myself through to the end, and then I still think I fell asleep and missed the ending because I can't remember for the life of me what happened!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

We won. I think we did anyway I haven't seen it in a long time.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
So, hypothetically speaking, if war ever did break out in the mainland....would you fight, even at the expense of your family? Would you give everything?

It depends. If they were going town to town murdering families, then yeah. However, if they were simply occupying our nation and taking control of our resources, then not a chance. Politics and who's on my money isn't worth killing or dying for.

The way I look at it is we currently elect our dictator. We elect that person from a choice of two. If another force invaded and took over, all that would do is take away one person from that choice. Not a huge difference. I do mean this in a bit of a sardonic tone but it's not that far off from how I really feel.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Yes! I would defect and fight with China!

Tired of all the school shootings and such.

Nothing but zombies here pretending to be human.

How avante-guarde!

Vampires pretending to be humans.

Actually the quote is...

"Vampires who pretend to be humans pretending to be vampires - How avant-garde."

But indeed applies! Quite interesting allegory to modern day society...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Depends on the pre-text of the conflict.
If it's a ground invasion coming through my neighbourhood i'd like to think that others would be right there with me trying to think of a way to slow it down. Any means necessary.

Other then that, no I probably wouldn't travel further then that to fight. Again, depends on the pre-text.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I would fight, absolutely. Defending my home and the people that live here from an oppressor, such as North Korea, trying to take over my country would not even be a question for me. Its definatley a scary thought to think of something like that happening. If it did happen I would bet that most people would fight for their homeland as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

We won. I think we did anyway I haven't seen it in a long time.

Actually, since you both fell asleep before getting to that...lol Nobody won. That was really the message I took from the movie when I saw it as a kid. I still enjoy it now but I have to be in the right mood. It was on last night and I just left the room to get back to school work on the computer (Okay....and to check ATS too..lol).

It's not ruining the ending for others to simply say it ended with the names of the Wolverines carved as memorial in a big boulder which they depict as having been turned to a monument in the future beyond that. The invasion was repelled ..eventually and as they put it "Eventually, this war, like all wars, came to an end". (sorry if the quote may be off a word ..I haven't watched it myself in awhile).

If anything? I think the original struck the right balance between personal Honor and Integrity to never sell yourself out with showing the ultimate costs that come with that stand. I think it showed war has no winners. Only some who lose less than others.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Agreed, watched the remake tonight and original was 100x better. Worst cast too!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jag80

And I would definitely try to fight or help those fighting. I would never trust going to a camp.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

with out hesitation or regrets, I took an oath many years ago, seems like a life time , but once you have you have for life, young or old, it is your duty to fulfill that oath, even if I have not , I would. before you ask am I an oath keep member no would i join no but then that's just me.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

feel free to move to china, saying stuff like that i dont feel you DESERVE to live in America then....wow....
edit on 14-4-2013 by stankybudz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
fight?

i would be the one that use explosives, bio, and chemical weapons

I could kill more invaders with less danger by not even picking up a weapon and fighting a battle.
and for the most part it would not be clear to the invaders who they were really fighting as they spent days or weeks dieing from some slow poison. or from being zapped by a hidden microwave source.

things like a needle in the brake ling of a invaders truck.
the driver pushes the brake 50 time and they work but the 51st time no brakes.
do it to enough trucks and someone will get killed.
and enough get killed and the drivers will fear driving the trucks.

Fear is bad for morale

Let the invaders find a container of candy.
But candy with organic mercury compounds in small amounts in it. will not kill them overnight but weeks later they will be very sick. and slowly dieing.
Drinking alcohol with small amounts of methanol in it after a few weeks there kidneys start failing.
Very small amounts of the right mushrooms can kill them over months
for the invaders how could you retaliate when you can not even prove you troops are dieing from the resistance or there own stupidity.
edit on 14-4-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
In that case would you fight in "they live"
just replace the aliens in they live to illuminati/freemasons/corporate america and you have a modern day battleground.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
You would be a terrorist if you fought the invaders. Just like the Afghans and Iraqis who fought back against the US and UN invasion of their countries.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by christian666

I agree. The resistance would be treated as terrorists without any rights.

The US have already past laws that give them the right to kill Americans if it comes to that.
In other words the US government have covered their ass by law, and can not be blamed for their action.
Only the resistance will be blamed for their actions.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There is no reason to fight at all. As long as it is a power pyramid structure where I am parasited on why should I care who is the leader/manipulator of it. The top do not matter and once you see thru the propaganda that tells you you are free then you know the truth. You are free within these boundries that we have decided on you.
edit on 14-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

There is no need to invade a country the way it is shown in such movies. There are different ways and the real idea is already being programmed into the minds of the people. When it happens, like at the times of 9/11 - most of the peoples first sentence will be: "it's like in a movie".

Haven't you recently looked at the hollywoods latest movies - espeially the three that comes this year to the movie theaters. G.I. Joe 2 was announced for 2012 june or something but then something happened and the release has been postponed to 2013. The interesting thing about it is, normally one subject would be relaesed as two similar scenario movies - like Armageddon and Deep Impact, same subject different characters. But this year you have "three" movies with the same objective!

It has started with this:

That was the schock test for the audience - to see their reactions and follow with a more realistic scenario.

Then came this:

Well this year you have these:

If you repeat a subject over and over again - the minds of the people will be subconciously ready for that moment to occur. The same applies to the recent virus/quarantine movies. The objective of those movies are to make people accept the fact that: in order to survive, the infected ones must be quarantined and killed, but dont worry this will be done by your benevolent government and you dont have to kill anyone on your own.

Like I said above, this year there are "three" movies about taking the Capitol Hill down. The point here is not "why" it is being taken down, but HOW!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join