It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dawn - would you fight?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Today I watched the remake of Red Dawn. For those who haven't seen it, it is about Russia and North Korea working together to invade the mainland US. Setting aside the fact that the movie is FICTION and very unlikely, I couldn't help but kinda WISH that something like that *would* happen. It's painful to watch our society devolve into a country that no longer values the ideals that made it strong and the greatest civilization that ever lived. To see citizens that don't value freedom, the Constitution, and our rights. I've long said that regaining our freedom will not be done by those who had freedom and lost it due to apathy. It will only be gained by those who have never had it and want it.

So, hypothetically speaking, if war ever did break out in the mainland....would you fight, even at the expense of your family? Would you give everything?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes.

I think it's our duty to defend the homeland if a situation like that presents itself. I would certainly not hesitate to put a few rounds in some Russians and North Koreans.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Our success has nothing to do with values or any such thing.

It has to do with plenty of resources and our separation from Europe due to two oceans. Had the pilgrims went to Africa instead of the North American continent they would not have fared nearly as well.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Have no fear.

Rest easy knowing that rough men stand ready through the night willing to do violence on your behalf.
While our govt. may be corrupt and bloated, there are still those who hold true to the constitution, and gladly stand through the night to preserve all that we hold dear.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Yes.

I think it's our duty to defend the homeland if a situation like that presents itself. I would certainly not hesitate to put a few rounds in some Russians and North Koreans.

Actually since they are all over here fighting I think I would invade Russia and drink a vodka martini on the balcony of the Kremlin.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think if there ever was an invasion on US soil it is likely that the majority of the population would be defending itself against other Americans. The first strikes will be military and transportation targets. 99% of the population will live through that . The first real visible enemy will be hunger. Barely anyone has enough food to make it through the week without restock. A full scale invasion on any country in North America would take years to accomplish if it were even possible.

Would i defend myself (if this scenario was in Canada)? yes i would but i doubt it would be against Russians or North Koreans. It will be against my fellow countrymen who are just as hungry as I am.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
I think if there ever was an invasion on US soil it is likely that the majority of the population would be defending itself against other Americans. The first strikes will be military and transportation targets. 99% of the population will live through that . The first real visible enemy will be hunger. Barely anyone has enough food to make it through the week without restock. A full scale invasion on any country in North America would take years to accomplish if it were even possible.

Would i defend myself (if this scenario was in Canada)? yes i would but i doubt it would be against Russians or North Koreans. It will be against my fellow countrymen who are just as hungry as I am.

Its not really possible to invade America at this point. Any invasion would have to come either through Canada or our southern border and we would be aware of it long before they were in position meaning we would be fighting them before they got here.

Any attack or resupply from sea would be pointless since our sub-fleet cannot be matched and would sink any vessel before they even left their original ports. Same thing with an air-invasion. They couldn't get through our superior air-force.

The only option would be to nuke us and hope they get enough of our military assests to make an invasion possible. Even then, we still maintain our second strike capability through the nuclear triade so they would be wiped out by that.

Just not possible in any shape or form.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Imho I dont think we will have to defend our nation from foreign invasion. More on the line freeing our selves from a tyrannical government. But if "big if" I will fight till my last breath whether it be on the field of battle or in a cell. I will kick, punch and bite my way to the grave if I must, but I wont be laying on my back or cowering in fear. I will do what I can as long as I have a breath left in me.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Not that I do not consider your question interesting, I won't be answering your question.

Why?

I believe the government would like to know these things as well and with all the spying going on why soon I make life any easier for them if they should want a strategy to fight me or drag me off to a FEMA camp?

Likewise, I would never admit to gun ownership or deny it for the same reason.

Not giving them they key to my house or my brain.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That movie was awful. A group of like 5 braindead teenagers takes on foreign military forces. Yeah, right...

Invasion will not happen, it's simply too expensive to fly over millions of troops. Better to shell from a distance.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I agree, I thought the Idea was merely hypothetical and I only wanted to point out that we have surrendered so much of what supports our life to a fragile intertwined system that could be disrupted a lot easier than our boarders. The only likely attack would be one that disrupted the systems in place. If that did happen then it would just be us fighting ourselves to survive off limited resources.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I agree, I thought the Idea was merely hypothetical and I only wanted to point out that we have surrendered so much of what supports our life to a fragile intertwined system that could be disrupted a lot easier than our boarders. The only likely attack would be one that disrupted the systems in place. If that did happen then it would just be us fighting ourselves to survive off limited resources.

Well I would love to offer up an invasion plan that may work on the US but due to that black van parked outside of my apartment I think I will pass.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Reminds me of a song....
"I volunteered for the Army on my birthday
They draft the white trash first,'round here anyway
I done two tours of duty in Vietnam
And I came home with a brand new plan
I take the seed from Columbia and Mexico
I plant it up the holler down Copperhead Road
Well the D.E.A.'s got a chopper in the air
I wake up screaming like I'm back over there
I learned a thing or two from ol' Charlie don't you know
You better stay away from Copperhead Road"

Seriously though, I didn't spend two years of my time in the Marines in Iraq fighting insurgents and not learn anything about how to fight a larger and better equipped force with little firepower and do well.

... now that I think about it reminds me of something Napoleon said too. Something to the effect of "do not make war with the same enemy to often, lest you teach the all your art of war". Insurgency and good use of small arms and munitions is something I thought I would learn in the military, just didn't think I would learn it some the enemy.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
We've already been invaded upwards of 20-30 million we just won't acknowledge it. We allowed it for various reasons, mostly greed. We will pay for it in a very short few years.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That's a good question to raise and ponder OP. Speaking strictly hypothetical on everything of course....

Would I fight? Yes...and No.

Short term? No. I would not. Those who fight before it's entirely clear what's happened and what sides exist, let alone which side is which ....will simply die first and for virtually nothing.

If, someday, the US falls into violent chaos/unrest or actual attack by nation-states, I plan to play submarine patrol (Stay silent, and deep...like a hole in the water no one notices) until it's clear just what side is the one to support ...IF any. Supporting my country is NOT the question. Assuming the elected leadership and their 'side' equates to that is what I wouldn't simply assume by Faith.

Long term? Would I risk everything? Well, the way I see it, we have nothing left to worry about risking if we've lost our nation in that way. I don't believe I'd be risking my family because that suggests a trade and cost/benefit issue to examine. There is no benefit to look at ...only cost to NOT resisting. Fighting isn't a long term question. Just who and where.
edit on 13-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Well I would love to offer up an invasion plan that may work on the US but due to that black van parked outside of my apartment I think I will pass.

The one outside my house is red, must be cause im in Canada.

Im not challenging your undisclosed invasion plan but i would be interested to learn what you would do about 300,000,000 guns beyond police and military. That is an apposing forces nightmare. Every home in every county is a possible stronghold.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yes! I would defect and fight with China!

Tired of all the school shootings and such.

Nothing but zombies here pretending to be human.

How avante-guarde!

Vampires pretending to be humans.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Like a gladiator

I'd fight for my freedom. Bring it. I'd rather die in combat than in a cave or a cage.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Hell yeah!

Go Joe!.......oh wrong movie.....but sure I'd fight the bastards.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I would stand and fight. There is honor in standing your ground. Fighting for ones home, fighting for what's right. That's how I was raised, and if that makes me qualified to be on the list... Then so be it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join