It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 2: 21-22 - Why God Chose Adam's Rib to make Eve

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Hebrew from the verses that the thread is about, says, literally,
"He took one from Adam's sides".
It doesn't say "one" what.

In the Septuagint version, it uses the Greek word pleuran, which you find in John 19:34, that Jesus had a spear thrust into his pleuran, or side.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
It doesn't say "one" what.

In the Septuagint version, it uses the Greek word pleuran, which you find in John 19:34, that Jesus had a spear thrust into his pleuran, or side.

It's always good to get these things right...appreciated...
So...one what?...one kidney? One lung? One nipple?
There are cultures where the concept if more than 2 does not exist...'One' seems here to refer to something of which, there is more than one of (might be a stretch!).

Side, is good...some soft tissue there...

Cheers
A99

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

It doesn't say "one" what. In the Septuagint version, it uses the Greek word pleuran, which you find in John 19:34, that Jesus had a spear thrust into his pleuran, or side.

Does it matter what side; the implication of Jesus's liver being pierced is a reclaimation of the Adamic right side blood letting, one to proclaim a creation of the Eva, the other to bless the birth of a terrible hierarchic (blood soaked) new world religion. One that the human could not anticipate; had not seen its companion ever superior yet, surprise, its twin brother was birthed as well (of course has to happen for balance) COMMUNISM vs Roman Catholisism, BOTH potencial destroyers of God and keep it secret from human understanding. This battle for souls is not one anybody dares to speak of, but a war none the less still in process. Our constitution made one thing very clear, the separation of Church and State, meaning no European beaurocratic overlays. No robbing no pilaging of citizens based in selfish gain by a church or domainearing government. Both ideaforms, keeping it simple of a Communism or an extremely aggressive Church/state will kill the self will individualism we all have the right to possess as our creator deemed it (or not).
edit on 15-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

. . . one to proclaim a creation of the Eva, the other to . . .

My latest explanation of this story was to have Adam realize that he was biologically related to the woman, rather than being of an alien species.
The Hebrews were commanded to marry cousins on their father's side.
Eve would fit that pattern, Where the "flesh", was one side.
This is primitive genetics.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

. . . one to proclaim a creation of the Eva, the other to . . .

My latest explanation of this story was to have Adam realize that he was biologically related to the woman, rather than being of an alien species.
The Hebrews were commanded to marry cousins on their father's side.
Eve would fit that pattern, Where the "flesh", was one side.
This is primitive genetics.

The zinger; whole point was to put Adam in a place of awareness; a mother/parent certainly would have to correlate in describing ones existance? Cousins on the fathers side..so in keeping with the left side pure and unharmed/unashamed will produce untainted memory of allopathic (unnatural) surgury of/for the creation of (right side) Eve. Rememberance of Fleshiness/material body is diminished or forgotten eventually. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

. . . Interesting.

I think it is very interesting and just discovered this correlation recently, as in a few weeks ago.
I think you have an interesting take on it, too.
I was studying the comment Jesus makes on the whole eden story, and of all the things he could have said, he brings up the genetics aspect.
The most important teaching of Jesus was on divorce. though most Christians don't even realize this.
He saw creations of new blood by the joining of each man and woman, become one flesh, a genetic unit, that should remain, and gets ruined if people just sleep around with whoever.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

. . . Interesting.

I think it is very interesting and just discovered this correlation recently, as in a few weeks ago.
I was studying the comment Jesus makes on the whole eden story, and of all the things he could have said, he brings up the genetics aspect.
The most important teaching of Jesus was on divorce. though most Christians don't even realize this.
He saw creations of new blood by the joining of each man and woman, become one flesh, a genetic unit, that should remain, and gets ruined if people just sleep around with whoever.

Blood is sacred, Jesus knew this. It is not happenstance; an inappropriate combining of a speed date meeting resulting in an accidental child. Get into the way back machine and watch the arranged marriages, why, genetic componant (not saying its correct as in its never love based), these things of blood family and astrology were micromanaged in order to preserve the wealth and health of the family lines (here is where the European Nobels got it wrong by marrying direct first line cousins and instead of purifying so they thought corrupted it, inbreeding).
edit on 16-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

. . . Interesting.

Like worms to the core (of the apple - specifically the seed)...the language (as you know) is only one layer...it would be naiive to think that there were not more complex notions being discussed (Bible-wise)...it's an astute 'pick-up' (the Edenite whiff)...
Genesis deals with the generating principles (variously presented) not just a 'scoop-reporter' montage of blow by blow, tech-written 'this is what happened' piece. (But I know you are aware of this).
Inbreeding is not just an uncomfortable thought...practically speaking, it corrupts the 'bridgeing agent' - DNA (over an indeterminate amount of time)...that kind of information loss creates holes and parts to go dormant (ladder rungs go missing)...
Snakes and Ladders...this is almost spotlighted in the this Genesis story...the snake, at least, is nominated as a character...kundalini deals with the snake coiled at the base of the spine, connected (par hazard) to the base urges - sexual union too...any reason why this has been missed?...rather, the obsessive mandates against self-stimulation and wanton sexual activity...

A99

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Snakes and Ladders...this is almost spotlighted in the this Genesis story...the snake, at least, is nominated as a character...kundalini deals with the snake coiled at the base of the spine, connected (par hazard) to the base urges - sexual union too...any reason why this has been missed?..
I did a study on the curse of the serpent three months ago and it really isn't like what it looks like in the normal translation.
From what I was able to figure out, the two things are tied together, the seed of the woman, and the serpent, in that they seek to control the other, as in setting up a governing system.
The next verse, that people take as a curse (wrongly, I believe), goes into further detail on that theme of the seed, and to me, says that the seed will in some way be "broken". They will not make themselves subjugated to Adam (will "scatter").
I realize my reading varies sharply from the "standard", but to me, that version does not follow the actual text.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Originally posted by akushla99

. . . Interesting.

Akushla99
Like worms to the core (of the apple - specifically the seed)...the language (as you know) is only one layer...it would be naiive to think that there were not more complex notions being discussed (Bible-wise)...it's an astute 'pick-up' (the Edenite whiff)...
Genesis deals with the generating principles (variously presented) not just a 'scoop-reporter' montage of blow by blow, tech-written 'this is what happened' piece. (But I know you are aware of this).
Inbreeding is not just an uncomfortable thought...practically speaking, it corrupts the 'bridgeing agent' - DNA (over an indeterminate amount of time)...that kind of information loss creates holes and parts to go dormant (ladder rungs go missing)...
Snakes and Ladders...this is almost spotlighted in the this Genesis story...the snake, at least, is nominated as a character...kundalini deals with the snake coiled at the base of the spine, connected (par hazard) to the base urges - sexual union too...any reason why this has been missed?...rather, the obsessive mandates against self-stimulation and wanton sexual activity.

The language is the thing needing to be overcome. Even the best poet laurite could not turn these texts into a breathing thing that makes sense (although...) Genesis is a vague concept that even we as civilized readers of the greatest works of literature cannot comprehend (take this on faith, right). Inbreeding is a given, it corrupts the potencial for blood, DNA to do majickal things (its purpose). Yes the missing rungs of the ladder, the holes in the silk web serve to destoy a beauty. This disregard of the snake coiled energy (kundalini) fascinates me as it drives the sexual union, specifically that chakra correlation. Procreation/pleasure not an afterthought; the driving resulting Orgasm IS which is a GIFT to the human (you want to know God? physically this is its best supreme sublime expression of itself to you that you will ever experience).
edit on 16-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Snakes and Ladders...this is almost spotlighted in the this Genesis story...the snake, at least, is nominated as a character...kundalini deals with the snake coiled at the base of the spine, connected (par hazard) to the base urges - sexual union too...any reason why this has been missed?..
I did a study on the curse of the serpent three months ago and it really isn't like what it looks like in the normal translation.
From what I was able to figure out, the two things are tied together, the seed of the woman, and the serpent, in that they seek to control the other, as in setting up a governing system.
The next verse, that people take as a curse (wrongly, I believe), goes into further detail on that theme of the seed, and to me, says that the seed will in some way be "broken". They will not make themselves subjugated to Adam (will "scatter").
I realize my reading varies sharply from the "standard", but to me, that version does not follow the actual text.

Well! That's interesting!
I think, the core (pardon the pun) of the story still fits (as far as I understand it)...incidentally, snakes&ladders is thought to have been invented as a morality game - the sub-continental Indians got it from somewhere though...but I have never been able to help connecting the spiral ladder shape of the DNA strands with the actual snake motif present in the game...with the A&E story...

Adam, pure hybridised injector module (containing the proper seed stock) was usurped by Louies' offering of another seed...not specifically his, but, the admixture of improper seed stock...somewhat backward and downward looking...offered to Eve (the pure incubator)...
...it went downhill from there (didn't it?)...the fall become more of a thud into full materiality...bearing babies, tilling land...

I have more than an inkling that Cain may have been the result of the admix...(specifically that Cain was not really Adams biological son)...

...so, that generational DNA (bridgeing agent) from the rib of Adam...I kinda fail to see why a creator would resort to crude techniques...someone else was doing something else altogether...

Its a dense tale...and you really gotta love untying knots...

A99

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

. . . specifically that Cain was not really Adams biological son . . .
The Garden of Eden story is based on a Canaanite myth.
Now, just that name, Canaan, would present a problem to the Israelite writers of the Old Testament version.
They, believing they were superior, being of the "twelve tribes", would work to diminish the status of the Canaanites by inventing this name, Cain, which one could see as a prototype of the older indigenous population of what we think of today as Palestine.
The idea being, to justify the removal of the 'natives' by a better lot, the shemites, represented by Abraham, a pure straight line descendant of Shem himself.
All this of course ignores the flood story, and acts as if it really had no effect on the genetics of the land.
Just to cover their bases, they insert, inexplicably, an apparently full grown member of the Noah party, named Canaan.
edit on 17-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Now, just that name, Canaan, would present a problem to the Israelite writers of the Old Testament version.
They, believing they were superior, being of the "twelve tribes", would work to diminish the status of the Canaanites by inventing this name, Cain, which one could see as a prototype of the older indigenous population of what we think of today as Palestine.
The idea being, to justify the removal of the 'natives' by a better lot, the shemites, represented by Abraham, a pure straight line descendant of Shem himself.
All this of course ignores the flood story, and acts as if it really had no effect on the genetics of the land.
Just to cover their bases, they insert, inexplicably, an apparently full grown member of the Noah party, named Canaan.
edit on 17-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Interestinger and interestinger!

This discussion deserves a thread of its own, along the lines of (regretably) VHB's authored thread on 'communication with Source'...

The Edenite stories (as they have come down) are fascinating, in themselves...pure bloodlines seem to be the gist of these twisted tales...ribs, blood...the compulsion for a detailed family tree (as if to prove the point)...that, in an age where the resources of ancestry dot com did not exist...

Cheers

A99

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Lots to say but 2 posts have "TIMED OUT RESPONSE" Will try again tomorrow regarding Anu, Enki and Enlil. Sumerian God and Sons, INC. "The practical magic of creating the prototype mining machine--The Human Being".

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The writers of the Old Testament were not aware of Sumerians; 4000 years their senior. The Pharisee tradition was Oral. The best stories told to gloss creation of man were the most colorful and untrue. Sumerian Cuniform language has been unlocked, in the same way Maya hierogliphs have as well. The Sumerian writings blow the whole old testament poetic indeciferable babble to smithereens (Genesis) , and as the first language and explaining creation theory as they documented it REAL TIME WRITTEN language not spoken. Why as the first chronicles are they not recognised as having some truth?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

You are probably thinking of Zecharia Sitchin who was basically a fraud, claiming to understand the "real" meanings of the Sumerian writings and claiming to have access to tablets, that no one has been able to match, meaning he would say he read this in a tablet, when all the tablets are known and catalogued, and none say what he claims to supposedly has read somewhere.
Plus, after he made a lot of claims, an ancient dictionary was found that defines a lot of the words that he said meant a certain thing, that was different.
edit on 18-4-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

jmdewey60
You are probably thinking of Zecharia Sitchin who was basically a fraud, claiming to understand the "real" meanings of the Sumerian writings and claiming to have access to tablets, that no one has been able to match, meaning he would say he read this in a tablet, when all the tablets are known and catalogued, and none say what he claims to supposedly has read somewhere.
Plus, after he made a lot of claims, an ancient dictionary was found that defines a lot of the words that he said meant a certain thing, that was different.

Am I to understand you as a crazed debunker that believes in Pauls words as a blindfolded hobbled minion following unstubstanciated "Biblical Scripure" authorship before time enduring scholarship? I would imagine you also dislike (what do you call them; the oddness of things you simply do not understand) the interpretations of Maya hierogliphs; code cracked finally; The Qabalah. The word Brother in Greek means something totally different in Hebrew or in Aramaic, English for that matter. That dictionary that was found, was it in Sumerian Cuniform and who authored it, a time traveling Herodidus, was it actually early, late Greek, Canaanite or Phoenician. Can I find it at Barnes and Noble?
edit on 18-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet

No.

Your thought is convoluted with deception. What you think is bringing you closer to Truth is, in reality, leading you further away. Until you see whatever mode of understanding you are currently wasting your time with for what it truly is, which is basically diversionary tactics at its best, you are incapable of true Wisdom and understanding incorruptible truth.
All incorruptible truth is wonderfully simple in Its complexity. All deception contains just enough of that truth to lead their prey astray. You have been led astray, my friend.

If these are personal truths, ie self determinant how can they be deceptive. If so, what a wicked game God is inflicting on its PERSONAL playtoy, that thing which is human. Who for you defines the uncorruptible truth? NOT YOU surely as you just expressed doubt in others convictions and that doubt seeded originally somewhere within your highly unique (as an individual) creative expression. It is the complex (ALL THINGS considered) that is simple. Not the other other way around. So you quote the old adage; "A little bit of knowledge is dangerous" as your truth. Define the deciever its prey and its ultimate purpose; then we will know whom to avoid at potencial run-ins on the Cocktail circuit.

I quoted nothing.
But yes, any quantity of knowledge without understanding is a seed of chaos.
All of the heavenly secrets shared with men by lesser deities were worthless. In eternal terms, not even on par with cheap parlor tricks, but more so base manipulations of the order of creation which mortals perceive as magical or nirvana. Astral "travel", kundalini, ascended masters, angelic guides, alieeeenzzzz!, ufo & "abduction" phenomenon, goblins, fairies, the boogy monster, jinns, Virgin Mary apparitions, it is all the same modus operandi, simply re-packaged for the consumer. Such truth is obvious for those with the wisdom to see it.

From my laptop perspective, at this point in your existence, you cannot see past the anger and resentment which is corrupting your spirit. Your spirit of life, the "spark" with which you employ your essence of being, was given to you by Incorruptible Truth. The life potential was given, but your consciousness is a gift. How you choose to carry out that consciousness is for you to decide, albeit, in a contained environment that must be shared with other consciousnesses of free will which will necessarily affect yours by proximity. Thus, it rains on the wicked and the righteous, alike. The wheat grows alongside the tares. It is not what we have that makes our character, it is what we choose to do with it.

Incorruptible Truth cannot be perceived without humility. Until then, you will continue to shake your fist at the sky in ignorance. I do not say this to provoke you to offense, I say this because it is an incorruptible truth that can lead you to true life. We must first come to terms with our brokenness, only then are we in any condition to be shown The Way.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet

I quoted nothing.
But yes, any quantity of knowledge without understanding is a seed of chaos.
All of the heavenly secrets shared with men by lesser deities were worthless. In eternal terms, not even on par with cheap parlor tricks, but more so base manipulations of the order of creation which mortals perceive as magical or nirvana. Astral "travel", kundalini, ascended masters, angelic guides, alieeeenzzzz!, ufo & "abduction" phenomenon, goblins, fairies, the boogy monster, jinns, Virgin Mary apparitions, it is all the same modus operandi, simply re-packaged for the consumer. Such truth is obvious for those with the wisdom to see it.
From my laptop perspective, at this point in your existence, you cannot see past the anger and resentment which is corrupting your spirit. Your spirit of life, the "spark" with which you employ your essence of being, was given to you by Incorruptible Truth. The life potential was given, but your consciousness is a gift. How you choose to carry out that consciousness is for you to decide, albeit, in a contained environment that must be shared with other consciousnesses of free will which will necessarily affect yours by proximity. Thus, it rains on the wicked and the righteous, alike. The wheat grows alongside the tares. It is not what we have that makes our character, it is what we choose to do with it. Incorruptible Truth cannot be perceived without humility. Until then, you will continue to shake your fist at the sky in ignorance. I do not say this to provoke you to offense, I say this because it is an incorruptible truth that can lead you to true life. We must first come to terms with our brokenness, only then are we in any condition to be shown The Way.

So you are a see-er into the miraculaous mind of God and by observation see humans as DUPES as you hold the wisdom to identify and proclaim your special insight (WHICH SHOULD BE OBVIOUS PEOPLE). Dont throw the modus operandi card unless James Bond shows up in his Astin Martin; "to save humanity from another Henry Mancini opus memorandus". Seed of knowledge, the less Mankind has a whiff of it the better, (a little knowledge is a dangerous thing). I have anger no resentment. I am angry because my child ruined this Universe and I have to correct its wrongs. My essence of being created you. You would not exist but for my dreaming you into being. I am the uncorruptible truth I killed my own child to save you. Your conciousness belongs to me because you are me. I gave you free will what you think of Your God Creator DID NOT and demonized me (thinking I was another) was actually its FATHER . The environment in which you were created was not a wheat field, it was a thought of mine that I constructed and manefested BY MY OWN FORCE of will and wicked rain was NEVER a part of the creation process. Trying to see how the fist shaking would work, Im here on Earth but Im there as your sky deity, it would be more of an arm wrestling contest I suppose. I am in no way broken, but I do laugh at myself for NOT having written the greatest Non-Fiction Novel ever and let my blundering child do it instead using humans 1900 years ago. You cannot provoke me, its not in my nature to react in anger (as I am very Patient) YET in kindness or complacence if you try me is more an immediate death sentence. I am not offended at all, NICe Post. WMF.

edit on 13-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I am aware of your patience. I am wise enough through grace not to provoke you, but find myself wondering to which author of your post I should direct my response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join