It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis 2: 21-22 - Why God Chose Adam's Rib to make Eve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

This particular scripture is quite an interesting one. Its because of this scripture that some Christians that take it literally believe men have a missing rib. However, that view doesn't hold up to scrutiny at all as we of course know that we have all 24 bones intact. However, what is not apparently widely known is that human ribs can regenerate like a salamanders tail as long as the periosteum, the membrane surrounding the rib, is left intact as shown in the links below. Based on the way the verse was written, I've concluded that the first surgery ever performed was done by God.

Split-rib cranioplasty
I.R. Munro; B. Guyuron (Profiled Author: Bahman Guyuron)
Annals of Plastic Surgery 1981;7(5):341-346.

ScopusAbstract
Cranioplasty using a synthetic material is less than ideal, especially if there is a history of infection at the defect site. Split-rib cranioplasty is a practical approach even in patients with a positive history of infection at or around the defect. We briefly review the historical backround of split-rib cranioplasty and report our experience with this procedure in 12 patients. Forty-two pieces of rib, with an average length of 13 cm, were used for reconstruction. We had only 1 complication - a pneumothorax following removal of the rib graft. The follow-up period ranged from three to thirty-six months. All patients had complete regeneration of the donor rib and solid protection of the brain.

Link:www.experts.scival.com...

Morphological study of rib regeneration following costectomy in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis

Abstract

This is a prospective observational study comparing cases with retrospective controls. The aim of the study is to compare rib regeneration with a scaffold placed intra-periosteally against no scaffold, after costectomy in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. A prospective study was conducted at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences on 16 consecutive patients (51 ribs) with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis who underwent costectomy and application of gel foam in the rib bed as a scaffold. These patients were compared with a retrospective group of 15 patients (33 ribs) who did not have the scaffold. All prospective and retrospective patients were followed up for a minimum period of 6 months and were analyzed radiographically for rib regeneration and morphology. A classification system was devised to include all possible morphologies of regenerate. The resulting data, when analyzed showed that majority of ribs re-grew to normal morphology in 3–6 months in the trial group. In comparison the regeneration in the retrospective controls was slower and poorer in quality. Ribs treated by placement of gel foam scaffold in the bed regenerate to a near normal radiological profile within 6 months of costectomy compared to a slower regeneration in those without gel foam scaffold.

Link: link.springer.com...

Here's another paper describing how to prevent the rib bones from regenerating for medical purposes:

Link: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The Amazing Regenerating Rib

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
...Are you serious? This is a little far, even for trolling.

Well, time to dig out my waders!

Note: the gif is there because it's so awesome, and maybe a little relevant.

edit on 13-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Originally posted by BlackManINC

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

BlackManINC[/i]
This particular scripture is quite an interesting one. Its because of this scripture that some Christians that take it literally believe men have a missing rib. However, that view doesn't hold up to scrutiny at all as we of course know that we have all 24 bones intact. However, what is not apparently widely known is that human ribs can regenerate like a salamanders tail as long as the periosteum, the membrane surrounding the rib, is left intact as shown in the links below. Based on the way the verse was written, I've concluded that the first surgery ever performed was done by God.

You are quite certain God created Adama in its own image (all by itself with no help from the ones "physical" requiring surgical skills ie fingers) and then took a rib that grew back not as a tail; as it would have in embryonic stage and with that created Eva. She would have had been all ribs, as that DNA profile would not have allowed for limbs, brain etc; how many some odd rib bones making up the stucture. No skin, no muscle tissue, no circulatory system, no endocrine nothing but a rib boned woman, trying to visualize it.

edit on 13-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Why did god not just create eve as he created adam with no problems....why invent a surgery when he could have just created her out of thin air?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Why did god not just create eve as he created adam with no problems....why invent a surgery when he could have just created her out of thin air?

Because clearly God is the Doctor.

Logic is boring...far more interesting to do it through means of wibbley wobbley, timey wimey methods.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Where was the decision to change her gender, how was that done (purely recreational and scientific problem solving for procreation snip snip?). Why would God make Woman with the overlay of patriarchy insead of complete matriarchy its all flawed. God is male and female balanced unless there is proof otherwise. The answer is there are those that prefer God to be male, and those ideas prevail.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I fail to see how that answered the post you responded to. Could you explain it again? How does "God"s apparently androgynous nature explain the apparent fact that Adam appeared out of thin air but Eve required a rib?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I fail to see how that answered the post you responded to. Could you explain it again? How does "God"s apparently androgynous nature explain the apparent fact that Adam appeared out of thin air but Eve required a rib?

God is not a physical being and so is androgynous, what else would be Its format except one to create itself as a (hopefully being able to recreate itself physically and procreate that form). I give no thought to Gods ingenuity/hands on, however, the angelic realms (it spawned) created mankind as they were physical/solid in frequency enough to come into the 4th dimension and accomplish the arranging of matter based forms, DNA coded constructions. The Adam was just an ideaform and never existed as a being. The Eve was the same; these are falsehoods, footprints left to twist and mislead Mankind into never knowing its true beginnings (which were laboratory in nature). I hope this answers something, to have to wrestle with ridiculous unsubstanciated concepts is not a bad thing, perhaps can be liberating, equaling a complete rejection or an epiphany.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

BlackManINC[/i]

You are quite certain God created Adama in its own image (all by itself with no help from the ones "physical" requiring surgical skills ie fingers) and then took a rib that grew back not as a tail; as it would have in embryonic stage and with that created Eva. She would have had been all ribs, as that DNA profile would not have allowed for limbs, brain etc; how many some odd rib bones making up the stucture. No skin, no muscle tissue, no circulatory system, no endocrine nothing but a rib boned woman, trying to visualize it.

We weren't there and we couldn't even begin to understand the detailed mechanisms of how exactly this supernatural force creates life, so I'm not even going to attempt to imagine how Adam & Eve was created as a whole, as God views our imaginations as foolishness anyway. I'm only giving an interesting scientific observation that God chose the perfect bone to extract from Adam to start the creation of Eve. God created everything, so you would think he would be the guy to know how our body works. He knew exactly what he was doing when he performed this procedure just like he knew exactly what he was doing when he manifested himself in the flesh as Jesus.
edit on 13-4-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

BlackManInc
We weren't there and we couldn't even begin to understand the detailed mechanisms of how exactly this supernatural force creates life, so I'm not even going to attempt to imagine how Adam & Eve was created as a whole, as God views our imaginations as foolishness anyway. I'm only giving an interesting scientific observation that God chose the perfect bone to extract from Adam to start the creation of Eve. God created everything, so you would think he would be the guy to know how our body works. He knew exactly what he was doing when he performed this procedure just like he knew exactly what he was doing when he manifested himself in the flesh as Jesus.

It is not just one force of will. There was a major thoughtform driving it, that had to go through multiple systems of creation to come up with the human idea. What makes you think no one was there to bear witness to the machinations of this ultimate creation (yourself). If God views us as foolish creatures he deemed it so. I like your interesting take on observation, I would think the tail would have been a better choice, as it is of the spinal column and holds all of the DNA genetic material to make a complete body. We are (ALL CREATURE MAMMALS) after all as embryos identical; the same lizard. Now then; lets get right to it. Which God manefested as Jesus? One of them lied the other Denies any compliance in this scheme.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Why a rib?

Mathew Henry thinks:
"That the woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved. Adam lost a rib, and without any diminution to his strength or comeliness (for, doubtless, the flesh was closed without a scar); but in lieu thereof he had a help meet for him, which abundantly made up his loss: what God takes away from his people he will, one way or other, restore with advantage."

I suppose in this day of movies with multi million dollar special effects budgets, where there is an explosion in every scene, time space can be made to look like it twists, motorways to nowhere are built just to film a car chase, video games are full of blood and gore or fantastical scenery, the subtleties of such an act is lost on us.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

See my first post in this thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ribs have bone marrow, which not only produces red and white blood cells and platelets, but also houses stem cells. It is from these stem cells that the blood cells and platelets are created.

He used the DNA and the stem cells and the blood and bone from Adam. Eve was literally of Adam’s bone and flesh and blood. If she was “taken out of man”, then God had placed her within man when He created Adam. She was there all along–or shall we say, what was needed to create her was already within Adam.

I never ceased to be amused by those willing to believe in little green men or the engineering of ancient alienzzzz, yet they ridicule those who choose to apply reason to creation by a benevolent God. A fascinating study in willful blindness, IMO.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

No skin, no muscle tissue, no circulatory system, no endocrine nothing but a rib boned woman, trying to visualize it.

Keirra Knightly? Most super models?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JW2002

Hey now! Keira Knightley is not that thin.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

God made man in his own image,
then he created woman out of a rib.....a cheaper cut!!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
To be honest I would not take genesis at face value but rather view it as simple images and metaphor that are easy to in vision and understand. For most the time the bible has be in existent man didn't even know what blood did so God couldn't really make a accurate and detailed description for the sake of this.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just another nonsensical distraction...

VHB has it right...why *poof* male into existence, but, perform 'surgery' to create female...there's your clue!

A99

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
Ribs have bone marrow, which not only produces red and white blood cells and platelets, but also houses stem cells. It is from these stem cells that the blood cells and platelets are created.

He used the DNA and the stem cells and the blood and bone from Adam. Eve was literally of Adam’s bone and flesh and blood. If she was “taken out of man”, then God had placed her within man when He created Adam. She was there all along–or shall we say, what was needed to create her was already within Adam.

I never ceased to be amused by those willing to believe in little green men or the engineering of ancient alienzzzz, yet they ridicule those who choose to apply reason to creation by a benevolent God. A fascinating study in willful blindness, IMO.

Exactly, you are one of the few people I encountered on this website with clear reasoning abilities. These same creatures that believe in the ancient astronaut clap trap will tell us that the verse which says "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" is talking about space aliens coming down to tamper with the DNA of apes to speed up the evolutionary process into humans in some laboratory. This type of foolishness is abound in the new age movement. Christians, do not be deceived, the verse has always been understood to be referring to the trinity, which is the father, son and the holy ghost, anybody that tells you differently is an absolute devil. This is how cults like the Raelian movement is formed, by taking a few lines of text from the Bible, robbing it of its context to spin it off into outer space about E.T's. This is where our entire culture is going and its where the theory of evolution is headed, and there is clearly a concerted effort to redefine theism with E.T as well. I guarantee you that this will play a key role as an end times deception referred to in the Bible as the "strong delusion". The reason the world will believe it, including those who call themselves atheists is because the lie will make so much sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Are you saying the stem cells from Adam's marrow possessed the genes necessary for the development of breasts and vaginal tissue? Not to mention all the other anatomical features, both great and small, that denote the biology of a female human?

So right now, my bones possess the genetic basis for becoming a female?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join