It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recommend a good guru?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I hear what you are saying - the inner guide is showing things and perhaps I am the best person to evaluate this information. How many other people are having this experience though? Who in the heck can I talk to about this? Certainly not people who have never experienced anything like this (which is pretty much everyone I know).

I guess it'd be nice to just share all this with someone who has "been there". Don't misunderstand, I am not itching to hand over control of my life to someone who "has all the answers"

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by happydayze

you mean who else has experience the streamline of information you get when you experience a true moment of clarity?

a lot of people on ats have gone through this, in fact you will find out most of us have worked through this already and know what i think a lot of people will tell you is that that information isnt what was important about the process.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

That was deep :-) So the specifics of the info is not the important part eh? I like that. I was getting hung up on specific stuff. When really the info I've been getting are probably just the beginning feeble attempts of my mind trying to translate something that is VERY difficult to put in terms of the mind and thought and words.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I like that. I was getting hung up on specific stuff.

Yeah, now were there.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Don't look now, but you were just being the guru I was asking for :-)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

When really the info I've been getting are probably just the beginning feeble attempts of my mind trying to translate something that is VERY difficult to put in terms of the mind and thought and words.

I dont know about that. Thats possible. more or less when i used to experience these streamlines... i would get all kinds of mind blowing information about the universe and science, all kinds of distractions to focus on.

heres the thing though, when i got closer to the truth i realized something far more profound then any of that information, in fact it all became meaningless.

just keep going forward with your practice because it sounds like its working. when you get something truly profound you wont have anymore questions anymore youll understand the singular truth

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by happydayze

Don't look now, but you were just being the guru I was asking for :-)

im not the guru, your the guru man.

i appreciate that compliment. trust you and i both have a long way to go
edit on 13-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
heres the thing though, when i got closer to the truth i realized something far more profound then any of that information, in fact it all became meaningless. reply to post by onequestion

The really profound thing you realized - was it the knowledge of why the game was created, and why we have been given the parts to play that we have?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Thats not it. Thats not what i experienced. Think more creatively... what i experienced was something more along the lines of what i was, or what you are, or what we are. Its really hard for me to put into words for you in a way that wont diminish its meaning. I mean, if you get to the point where you can experience it then youll be better off then if i 1 line it and tell you. I can tell you though a few others around here have some serious insight and depth into this.

Keep digging. Ill keep digging to.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Im a good Guru
My first directive is go work it out yourself

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Im a good Guru
My first directive is go work it out yourself

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Im a good Guru My first directive is go work it out yourself
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Haha.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

thanks again. Well not to lean on you too much (last request) but if you have any links to the relevant discussions or any of the screennames, then that will be my next stop (along with consulting my inner guru of course.)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

having read so much you would have to guard against "intellectual appraisal."
ramana maharshi states that all you have ever learned will have to be unlearned before illumination takes place. (hope i got his words right). yet i found the book "i am that" a complete inspiration as nisigadatta answers all the questions that a chela/student might ask. it is free on line. tat tvam asi!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have arrived my child.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
rabbit

check out this member

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

check out rabbits response here ats

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It's a little ironic how so many people are saying "you don't need a guru" and then they go onto list a set of things the OP should do.

But yes I do agree, a guru is not necessarily needed, all the answers can be found within each of us. But others can also help us along.

To answer your question I would say one of the best guys to listen to is this man:

edit on 14/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Thats not it. Thats not what i experienced. Think more creatively... what i experienced was something more along the lines of what i was, or what you are, or what we are. Its really hard for me to put into words for you in a way that wont diminish its meaning. I mean, if you get to the point where you can experience it then youll be better off then if i 1 line it and tell you. I can tell you though a few others around here have some serious insight and depth into this.

Keep digging. Ill keep digging to.

Excellent, i think I understand and though I believe I can put it in words, I would probably not do "it" any justice, nor do I want to put suggestions here for the op to be confused by.

I experienced ego death as well, it was the most significant eexperience in my, so far short, life. The ego came creeping back though, but it has lessened and the experience left me a changed person.

When you speak of the nature of you, me, us... Do I come close when I say something in the likes of "when a glass bll is dropped and shattered into pieces, you no longer see that they're all part of the glass, but they are"? My moment lasted a couple of days to weeks, but the peak was only one day. I wrote down a lot of stuff, I still understand, but its information that came seemingly out of nowhere, yet it sticks like glue! I need to work on it again...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Your unconscious self where your soul more or less sleeps.

You could play around with chakras if you like and can get them activated. I myself prefered to rest with unguided meditative sounds from youtube since different frequencies where very effective with my body/mind/soul.

If you do it make sure it is comfortable and easy. If you feel uncomfortable the stop directly. It should be gentle, loving and easy. And do not put en-light-ened people on a pedestal. It is only a rise in consciousness and a tool to use for more understanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join