It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a uptick in Large asteroids/comets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi not sure if this will be in the right area or not so please move it if need be. With the meteor that almost crashed down on russian soil and the 3 comets this year as well as the comet that could hit mars next year you have to ask yourself are we headed into a area of space that seems to have an uptick in asteroids/comets? I was looking at spaceweather.com today and I noticed something in the next coming months there seems to be a lot of larger bodies floating around. If you look at the site you will see starting April 29th and the next 2 months the only ones listed are 1.1 KM and larger take a look.

spaceweather.com...

ISON coming in november which right now they are guessing its nucleus is about 5 KM or 3 miles across and Comet 2013 A1 (coming close or hitting mars) they says is between 1 and 3 KM (however numbers have ranged much larger). Looking at the number of large bodies floating around the next couple or months and the upcoming events I have to say I feel there is a large uptick in the number of large objects headed our way (or we into them). I would also think that with the larger objects would come smaller objects in tow. Could we be headed in a region of space where a collison happened a long time ago? I'm not sure but it seems like it. I look at it like our solar system is like a car driven by the sun. Most of the time is smooth driving but sometimes there is a rough patch of the road which i think we are headed into.

edit on 13-4-2013 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I would also like to add that i feel in the next couple of months we will find a decent amount of smaller objects in our neighborhood. I would think at least 10 new objects will be found for may and june. As it stands right now there are no objects smaller than 1.1 KM so will be easy to track.
edit on 13-4-2013 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
So looking at spaceweather.com I see that there are 7 new Asteroids that have already been found in May. One says 2009 so I think maybe they just forgot to add it so that would be 6 new Asteroids if that is true, and we are not even done for May. Maybe 10 was too low of a number, anyhow with the moon being hit last week it seems that we are headed into an area of space with more stuff headed our way.

spaceweather.com...

new topics

join