It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone learn anything from the lies fed to us about the last war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Am I the only one suspicious about all this media hype concerning North Korea? This is the same kind of stuff we starting hearing about Al-Qaeda, Afghanistan, and Iraq since 9/11. Actually since before that but since we've learned about all the things they said weren't even true, you would think more people would question all of this. What do you all think?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Caidema

More lies to entrance the masses!

Problem, Reaction, Solution!

Plus I cannot EVER remember a country threatening the US with Nukes and getting away with it! Then again, considering some high level officials from the US met with NK a month or so ago, and the fact that Clinton and Rumsfeld were instrumental in setting NK up with atomic bomb capabilities...............................????

Need I say more?

While people are worried about this set up nonsense, I wonder what else is happening that the government run media is being silent about?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Caidema

Of course. Lots of people learned that lesson.

The problem is that they keep voting for the same scum bag politicians expecting things to be different.

So the cycle continues.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I learned that the lies had false evidence to back them. I don't understand how that bad evidence wasn't thrown out though

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

exactly!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Caidema

When you say 'The Last War', which one are you referring to?
[color=757575]That really is a serious question.

The way I see it, there is always War.(Somewhere) ALWAYS!!
War is constant. It goes through changes, but never actually ends.

Originally posted by Caidema

Actually since before that but since we've learned about all the things they said weren't even true, you would think more people would question all of this. What do you all think?
Personally, I try to completely avoid any and/or all of the media propaganda crap.

Gullibility is part of the reason for so many people to believe everything they're told, but I don't think that's all of it. I think a lot of it has to do with 'comfort'. Many people need to feel comfort. Questioning the things that we are told, can cause that comfort to be disrupted. People don't like that.

Whether it is subconsciously or subconsciously, the results are the same.

edit on 4/13/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Lies about wars (getting them started) have been going on since WW1. Pretty much all of them.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The question isn't when are they lying to us, rather when are they not lying to us. The older I become the more cynical I get because the more versions of a particular story I hear. In fact I believe very little any more. I see most things as being one form of propaganda or another. When all you hear are lies, I can see how for some the truth is hard to bare and difficult to understand.

There's an old saying, I think it was Poe; Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. It's a start. And having a memory span longer than that of a goldfish might also help.
edit on 13-4-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Caidema

I see what your saying but when it comes to the crunch and whether they lie or not, they will go to war whether we accept it or not.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have theory that NK and the US are actually friends, and just use being enemies as a cover, so they can distract they're citizens, when they have bad news like, having a little cash flow problem or, your citizens thinks they're new dictator is fat pussy.
So they just start calling each other names, and puff they're chests out, until people get scared, and forget about what they were angry about in the first place, and everything will just fizzle out, and go back to normal until the next thing comes along that they want to hide.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I learned that given enough money and resources the military industrial complex combined with the media can
just about do anything they want to.... and most Americans will believe them and support their children being maimed and killed in the name of "protecting the homeland"

Tell a lie often enough and it turns miraculously into the truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12Tell a lie often enough and it turns miraculously into the truth.

That sir, is the problem!
Its why they invented the television. Every day...every day of every year!! people sit in front of that little speaking box and let it fill their heads for them.
Job done.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't know about the last war...but this whole North Korea situation seems bizarre to me. Does anyone else feel that the US is letting NK "talk" so it can point a finger when a false flag occurs.......My conspiracy senses are going haywire about this whole thing. The bully of the world is all of a sudden being bullied? and not doing anything about it? This is too courteous on behalf of DC....something is just not right!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There were no lies... Geoff Hoon showed us the pictures of WMD in Iraq!! They were there alright!!... Oh no wait, no they weren't! Never mind its ok better to be safe than sorry; we'll just pretend we've "liberated" the public instead... Should take away some of the attention from the fact we've illegally invaded an independent sovereign state anyway.

... To be honest if western government wants to invade they will easy find a way to do it by inventing some sort of threat. I'm surprised NK hasn't been replaced with a new brand of terrorist... Of course some sort of false flag disaster would need to be associated with them first I guess...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by olaru12Tell a lie often enough and it turns miraculously into the truth.

That sir, is the problem!
Its why they invented the television. Every day...every day of every year!! people sit in front of that little speaking box and let it fill their heads for them.
Job done.

Sadly...if you question authority and the lies they tell; you are labeled a "people like you" and a traitor even here on ATS where you would think people would at least make an attempt to Deny Ignorance...........but they don't!
edit on 13-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It seems that the real problem is the Official US Propaganda Board of Directors has been slowly dismantled by it's own mistakes and it is trying to find a new direction from it's new leadership.

US Propaganda Agency Board of Directors.

Dana Perino I think really crashed the place when she got kicked out when Sandy Hook happened and her connections to John W. Snow who is part owner of Cerberus Capital. And both of them were connected to the Assault Weapons Ban being lifted.

RESOLUTION HONORING DANA PERINO
December 14, 2012
www.bbg.gov...

Guess Hillary was upset about that.

Walter Isaacson dropped out when his propaganda story of Steve Jobs and Apple crashed. He ran off to try and save his fake history after all he wrote the fake story about them. And just to think it all came about from that deal Bush and Pelosi made in the White House that day. I guess the limited time contract was up. But she did make her 35 million off the deal and still counting.

I am not sure who dropped the ball with the Lance Armstrong propaganda and let that blow up like a nuclear bomb. Just think the world needs a hero and they gave us a doper. Go figure?

But Obama is trying to get Tiger Woods to be a Hero again. But will it work? Don't forget the weekend trip to Wayne Huizenga place in Port St Lucie. You know that guy who owned the Miami Dolphins. And how about that weird event of a unknown school in Florida beating a top team only to look like they could not beat a high school team there next time out?

Maybe the BBG is going to go back to sports and stay out of global politics for a while?

I guess when the public started to pick a part the news out lets for telling lies it was decided maybe the BBG should quit telling the news out lets to tell them?

edit on 13-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Caidema

Well, I think I learned to wait for absolute proof when someone claims a nation has or is soon to have Nuclear Weapons.

Given that Kim has happily proven it now, twice? I suppose I don't see much to compare anymore. Just my thoughts, since you asked and all.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Not really worth pointing out the reality as you clearly cannot see it

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Not really worth pointing out the reality as you clearly cannot see it

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It has been an observation I've had for many years, and my own cynical point of view, that the initial reports from any event are the most accurate information. Any later conflicting reports are coverups and spin written by the government propagandists for the major media to feed the population. The only time they would allow the real information out is if it helps their agendas, but even that will be spun to distortion.

I've also noticed that almost everything a high profile, national level politician says is not only a lie or deception, but it is normally the exact opposite of what is true.

Bottom line, in my opinion, is that any reports that are "corrected" into being completely contrary to the original reports are in all likelihood propaganda and coverups.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join