It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: All 7 Fukushima in-ground storage ponds leaking radioactive water!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida

Report: All 7 Fukushima in-ground storage ponds leaking radioactive water
Date: April 12, 2013

[...] TEPCO’s handout for the press on April 13, 2013 shows that beta nuclides are being detected in the water taken from either the drains or the leak detection pipes or both in not only the ponds Nos 1, 2, 3 but all seven of these in-the-ground storage ponds [...]

enenews.com...

fukushimaupdate.com...

ex-skf.blogspot.com...

nothing is going on people! it is all a hoax.
but with a very valuable lesson (in fakery and all it's applications) to be
learned after it all comes to a head.

start by investigating the veracity of the whole nuclear weapons issue,
then you can take it from there.

don't say i didn't tell you so.

anyway, it's all good.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Jeez, the Fukushima news ive been reading lately is grim. When i heard shane smith talking about it on the Joe Rogan podcast i decided to look into it more and now im just thinking the situation is actually worse then what we thought in the first place.

It just keeps getting scarier, and the thing is, noone is talking about it.

That's because it'll go away if everyone pretends it's not there

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My nephew was born in Southern California with thyroid problems.

I try to avoid all foods made from there. California olive oil, and almonds for starters....

This situation is a massive global and ecological disaster. Why should I be paying closer attention to NK when I visited this thread specifically

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I am a native Southern Californian. South Orange County to be exact. My kids grew up on the beaches of San Clemente. I am so so so sad and so afraid. Not only Fukishima or however you spell it but we have our own problem right here with San Onofre. I need to hit powerball to move us all to the southern hemisphere.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We have one EQ of M 5.2 very close to Fukushima Daiichi plant ..

2013-04-14 13:24:57.0 28min ago 37.55 N 141.18 E 10 5.2 NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

www.emsc-csem.org...

maps.google.com...,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.Ym s&biw=1024&bih=601&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

geofon.gfz-potsdam.de...

edit on 14-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
I guess after the reports of west coast USA babies being born with problems after Fukishima, they realized maybe they could give more information and get some more help? They have been horribly closemouthed about this ever since it happened.

It's actually quite scary that nothing seems to have been learned since Chernobyl.

Back then we had the same problem - little or no actual information making it out, and a small group of officials able to bury the facts and misinform the world. There was so much covering up and collusion between everyone that even now we are still learning about the corrupt decisions made at the time and the secrets that were kept from the people and other governments.

I think the UN should have a mandate to have eyes and ears in every room and at every meeting when an event like this happens, and that the people should be made aware of the truth immediately and at all levels.

The moment there is a nuclear incident there should be reporters in there and forcing the truth, as part of any clean up or investigation. We should not be allowing a government to manage the story themselves, and the fact that we have allowed Japan to do this and we've seen almost the same level of secrecy is proof enough that NO GOVERNMENT should be given the benefit of the doubt and simply "trusted" to do what's right for their citizens or the international community.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that in twenty or thirty years - once those responsible have retired on millionaire pensions, or died - that they covered up a lot, buried a lot, and profiteered in some way from this disaster. And you know what's the most depressing thing? Nothing will be done about it for the next time either. They'll just keep lying and covering up to protect their own butts, while potentially hundreds of thousands of people around the world suffer for their own selfish attitudes and complete greed.

/rant

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

It could be when there are facts and researchable truth, THEY don't want to talk about it, its not scare anymore, its real and they have not a clue what to do except just let it happen.

I wonder if people today can actuelly understand a possiable "world killer" situation??

People ask, why does no one help fix this, where is the rest of the world in this, why are they just letting it happen....................because there is nothing that can be done !!!! you don't need proof, they have admitted this by doing nothing.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Let me say some things, also when similar situation happens then is to0 late ..

I can only say that we were very lucky to time of accident at Fukushima Daiichi plant, the Earth is very vulnerable and even lower forces can influences very strong seizmic activity ..

I would like to you all to know what I know about EQ's and you will be in greatest concern as I am for future ..

I give only one example, in our history or EQ's history we have some periods or months or years when we have multiply M 7.5+ and M.8.0+ at very dangerous areas of more then 50% of nuclear plant worldwide ..

Also what will happen in future, but what mostly I am concerned is thing that Earth can go "wild" or EQ's activity in only 5 days to have very strong EQ's worldwide and many EQ of M 8.0+, or situation to one bigger asteroid hit ocean or land or some bigger comet to pass close to Earth etc ..

Are you know that there will be no back for humanity, people who survived will live in many centuries in "Fukushima or Chernobyl Earth" and Earth will be uninhabited ..

That's is not exaggeration believe me, it occurred many time in our history and will occur again ..

Also all nuclear plant are very vulnerable, imagine only some terrorist act or bombing that area etc ..

Risk is just unacceptable ..

If we lose today civilization again no need to poisons everything for survivors and leave Earth uninhabited without any chance to survive this "magic" of life ..

No need to spend money to finding other planets, we have already pearl in universe ...

Money need to save this beautiful and magic planet Earth but, oh my ..

Peace ..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the update. Things are just looking worse as time goes on with this tragedy.
Keeping quiet about the issue seems to be the only solution provided at the moment. Checking on this the other day, I was surprised that (or not I guess) that the State of Alaska is more worried about damaging the fishing industry than they are the actual state of the fish coming out of the Pacific. They have basically stated that we don't need to worry because our fish just don't go to Japan.

You guys who have kept on top of this have been one of my best sources to watch, and I appreciate it!
My local beaches escaped the radiation issue last summer, something tells me we won't be so lucky this year.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thank you op for bringing this news...I for one have been following this event since it happened....and there are always those that will not belive anything is wrong unless cnn tells them, and many of those always show up on these topics...you keep posting the news..

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
is these stories not getting old....

they got it under control by now, we should keep a eye out on NK instead

Disinfo agent detected

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I saw an article that the waste is slowly making its way into the west coast

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon17

Yep we had boats,crates,docks, and probably tons of other stuff soon to come... One crate even had a Harley in it..
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
reply to post by onequestion

At least we get to see how much radiation the human body can absorb before glowing green in the dark. Its best not to know about these things unless there is a solution to the problem. They could just run adds on TV saying how awesome radiation is and if you can get enough you do not need hair cuts as it just falls out.

The US has done that already - the "Atoms for Peace" project of the 40s and 50s. See the documentary "The Atomic Cafe" for terrific satire on the program.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Thanks for the update OP, it's very much appreciated. Like many, I've followed this very closely since day 1 and the quake which spawned this nightmare. Given everything else also happening at the same time just now, it's fallen off the radar to some degree and I'd missed follow-ups for detail on the fact other tanks are also shown to be leaking into the ground water.

Of course, right there, the water table basically IS the Pacific Ocean and while they blew material directly into open water at the time of the blasts? They can kindly stop adding to the pollution of the World's largest ocean any time now. I'm sure every other nation on the Pacific shorelines would dearly appreciate that in the decades to come.

Thank you Wrabbit for mentioning the water connection. All reactors require huge amounts of water to operate 'safely' and are situated by the ocean, lake or river. These locations alone ensure the widespread contaimination during an accident. Add to that this idiotic, almost 'funny' (if it weren't so distructive), thinking that if you surround a reactor on four sides and the top you can have containment in the event of an accident to get us into these situations.

If generators and reactors cannot be designed to operate without mass amounts of fresh water then they can never be safely rund. We have a fresh water crisis upon us and this c**p doesn't help.

It makes a nuclear bomb look relatively harmless by comparision.

The Soviets acted after Chernobyl, truely acted. Some of their initial activites may have made things worse but they were brave enough to act. There has been no action at Fukashima, just meetings and diversions.

When I was young my parents who had lived in Japan in the 50s (I was born there) told me that the Japanese people were the best imatators in the world. They could take anything you invented and in a short time do it better, cheaper, and smaller. But, and it's a big one, they did not innovate. This situation seems to bear that stereotype out.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

It's ok. It's ok. Denial is understandable knowing that within 10 years you will have some form of radiation cancer. Dying that way isn't very nice at all. I wish it wasn't all true either.....but the reality is that it is.

It was a piece of the puzzle to the depopulation plan. By 2032 they will have completed their task. 500,000,000 people alive on Planet Earth. Northern Hemisphere.....DEAD.

You want to know why they built all those DUMBs? Not because of some cataclysmic event from space but from radiation. It is still yet to get worse....and I think North Korea's capacity to hit Fukushima may be the final piece.

So keep one eye on Japan and the other on NK.

disclaimer: I hope none of the above to be true in any capacity.
edit on 14-4-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
How come this isnt getting more attention, or is most of the discussion going on in the "mega thread" about Fukushima?

I don´t have much expertise in nuclear physics,but it doesnt take one to realise this is really, out of control. Is there any known means to contain this situation? Have there been more reports about the cores "melting in to the ground" or was that all some fantasy?

I love seafood but this is making me want to stay away from my sushi pizza.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Indeed, we agree and I think our concerns are running pretty much parallel for things here.

You know the real tragedy in this? They WERE just starting to develop reactor designs and technologies that would default into a safe state and not meltdown in the event of a catastrophic failure. Peddle Bed Reactors for instance. That link is from M.I.T. on the design and application along with the challenges of making it all work.

Nuclear power..IF designed and set up properly with a default safe state, could be our real energy salvation to mesh with other emerging technologies. After Fukushima and the unbelievable failure of the decades old design tho? Fat chance the majority of the public will even give it the time of day to listen to now.

So very close to having a workable solution and yet, light years away now.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Nuclear power is simply a "no go" because we've never learned to deal with the waste materials. It boggles my mind that we've allowed this technology to operate. We've put a horrible curse on our children.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

It's ok. It's ok. Denial is understandable knowing that within 10 years you will have some form of radiation cancer. Dying that way isn't very nice at all. I wish it wasn't all true either.....but the reality is that it is.

How long does it take to kill? I just read this:

The nuclear explosion in Hiroshima is estimated to have produced 8×10^24 Bq (8 YBq, 8 yottabecquerel)

The average global cancer rate is around 150 per 100,000 people, though Japan actually has the third lowest cancer rate per 100,000.

The main effect observed has been an excess of approximately 400 cases of cancer among the approximately 100,000 survivors. That means that about 400 more cancers have been observed in this population than would have been expected from a similar, but unexposed population. This excess has been observed among the survivors who received the highest radiation doses (generally, those who were closest to the detonation site).

400 hundered extra cases since 1945? With 8 yottabecqurels?

Fukushima:

An estimated 538,100 terabecquerels (TBq) of iodine-131, caesium-134 and caesium-137 was released. 520,000 TBq was released into the atmosphere between 12 to 31 March 2011 and 18,100 TBq into the ocean from 26 March to 30 September 2011. A total of 511,000 TBq of iodine-131 was released into both the atmosphere and the ocean, 13,500 TBq of caesium-134 and 13,600 TBq of caesium-137.

Tera is 10^12, Peta is 10^15. A long way from 8x10^24. Why arent we all dead or dying after all these years?

The reality is that the Nuclear Scare Scam has been a wild success, JP Morgan and his oil/coal buddies are laughing all the way to the/their bank/s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join