It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone laughing at the US?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm not rolling my eyes and laughing at americans in general (apart from those ones that think they're country is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and that's because I don't like boasters & arrogance )
, However, I AM shaking my head in disbelief and dread. It seemed like soooo many americans didn't want bush back in power, yet he still managed to pull it off, just like the latham vs howard nonsense over here (Australia).

The part that REALLY got my blood boiling at the US government was watching his speech after winning. Seeing him standing there with that silly, smart alec grin on his face looking like some bizarre ventriloquist dummy......just rubbed me up the wrong way. I highly doubt in the next 4years Americans (or the world for that matter) will see one single day where america is not blowing someone or something up. It seems there are already plans in the wings to invade iran as well as a few other countries
How long is this madness going to continue before someone puts a stop to it?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
just ignore them and walk away

it is our problem not theirs

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Let them laugh all they want, we have the #1 democracy the world has ever seen. Our elections work better than any others as we do allow lawyers and situations like this to be handled through our constitutional process'. People in other countries may not like our choice but like I said in another thread, maybe its America standing up for themselves and telling the rest of the world that we dont care what others think, this is our vote, this is our country and this was OUR choice.

True, it belongs only to americans who they choose to be president.

But do you have some facts, stats or anything to back #1 democracy claim ?
Exactly what makes you a better democracy than let's say Switzerland, Finland or France (Examples selected to avoid argument about royalty and their special priviledges)

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
yes i heard those countrys have far supirior living conditions, we are simply the most wealthy and most popular

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
yes i heard those countrys have far supirior living conditions, we are simply the most wealthy and most popular

No, you are not, Wealthy?? How do you explain 35 million living i poverty in US?
money.cnn.com...

Most popular, hahah...are you kidding me?? what the f... are you so scared about then?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Let them laugh all they want, we have the #1 democracy the world has ever seen. Our elections work better than any others as we do allow lawyers and situations like this to be handled through our constitutional process'. People in other countries may not like our choice but like I said in another thread, maybe its America standing up for themselves and telling the rest of the world that we dont care what others think, this is our vote, this is our country and this was OUR choice.

hah, step down from you high horse buddy, your ambition is making you look ugly.

Our elections work better than any others as we do allow lawyers and situations like this to be handled through our constitutional process'.

Ever considered other countries dont need lawyers and "situations" inorder to keep their elections fair...and every voter happy?

In Australia we have a working national voting system (paper ballots), we know our winner within 3-5 hours from when the polls close with ZERO error's, no-one has ever complained about the elections here because they work perfectly.

Your elections confuse me greatly, your country relies on a privite media outlet proclaiming; "well, its close enough..."so and so" is the winner", followed by everyone ripping off their shirts and going crazy, while other meida outlets and lawyers double check each other just to make sure, its pathetic, get it fixed, for your sake.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Oh and on the topic of the US election, when i found out Bush won, i felt really dreadfull...allmost sick for those 50% of Americans who are considerate, and generally lovley people. But i live over-seas so i didnt dwell on it for too long.

Just dont give up your beliefs and get all apathetic just because Bush won, there is still 50% of you, and having 2 sides is what democracy is all about.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse
No, you are not, Wealthy?? How do you explain 35 million living i poverty in US?
money.cnn.com...

A family of four making a living of only 19,000/yr is NOT considered poor!

This is a statistic from the dept of labour.

I guess their raising the bar now so they don't look like a bunch of jack asses...

How do you live off 19000/yr with a family of four and not be considered poor?

Absolutely sickening.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Bush supporters, are you happy today and feeling
relief from the fear? Because half of the same nation
feels sad because we've lost hope now..

Yes, I do feel happy today and I am very much relieved.
I do have some comforting words for you to help you with
your sadness and lost hope ...

The next time the terrorists strike America - and they will
no matter who is in the White House - you will be VERY
glad that it's George Bush in the White House and not
John Kerry. George Bush takes action to protect America.
John Kerry would roll over and be 'sensitive'. He'd also do
NOTHING (check his Lt. Gov Executive Order in Mass about
response to nuclear attack) or worse - he'd offer concessions
and appeasement to the terrorists, thus emboldening them.
UBL made a 'vote Kerry' tape for a reason. The terrorists
fear Bush ... and that is who you will be glad to have in the
White House when the next attack comes (and it will).

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

A family of four making a living of only 19,000/yr is NOT considered poor!

This is a statistic from the dept of labour.

I guess their raising the bar now so they don't look like a bunch of jack asses...

How do you live off 19000/yr with a family of four and not be considered poor?

Absolutely sickening.

Yes, indeed...I heard somwhere that the real number was 75 million (the lowered version of the "poverty-bar" you are talking about), but did not find it.. 35 million is bad enough.

Despite this hugh number of people in poverty the debate focus on gay-marriage.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse

No, you are not, Wealthy?? How do you explain 35 million living i poverty in US? Most popular, hahah...are you kidding me??

Explain the 35 million living in poverty .... perhaps it's because we give
away too much $$$ to other countries in aid. Bush just signed a
promise to Africa to give TRILLIONS of $$ in aid to fight AIDS. We
should have used it here instead. If we stopped giving so much to
other countries, and spent it on our own poor, I'm sure we would
have much less poverty here in America.

Darn us generous Americans!! Too generous for our own good!

REF: Most popular ... hmmm .... Cubans and Haitians are risking
death on leaky boats to get here - not to get to South America or
Central America - but to get HERE to the United States. Mexicans
risk death every day to get here - not to go south into South
America, but to get here.

I don't see any of them risking death to get to Europe.

Explaination of 'non popularity' of America with Europeans.
JEALOUSY And because America doesn't give a flying ****
what Europeans think about who we should vote for or why.
It's our country and we are not European and never will be.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
JEALOUSY And because America doesn't give a flying ****
what Europeans think about who we should vote for or why.
It's our country and we are not European and never will be.

A-freakin-men brother. It was the US' election, not the rest of the world. Bush being reelected is NOT going to be the end of the universe. Jesum Crow. Besides, I'm one of the many Americans who doesn't give a flying (beep) about what the Europeans think.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
I highly doubt in the next 4years Americans (or the world for that matter) will see one single day where america is not blowing someone or something up.

Well it's day 1 A.B.R. (After Bush's Reelection) and I haven't heard of anything or anyone getting blown up. I'm sure theres some blowing up going on over in Iraq, but that's the kind of stuff that happens in war. But yeah, I'm not seeing anyone or anything getting blown up. Your prediction is false.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm not so much laughing but had this feeling of dread. He's a religious lunatic.. and unfortuantly John Howard is his side kick.. actually thats not the right term.. Bush said "deputy sherrif for the southern hemishere' THAT gave me the creeps.. we are not a friggen American state. Bush wants to be a cowboy in a movie. He wants to be the hero and he loves showdowns. Now invariably what happens is what happens in US politics gets parroted over here.. they are trying to pass a law against late term abortions as well.. now the ethics of this is not lost on me but in the US I foresee row being overturned [stating obvious- they'll be prolife judges put in the supreme court] ..which will possibly be attempted over here. That is not what greatly worries me [apart from all the thirteen year old girls having their insides wripped out with coat hangers] ..but as he IS a fundimentalist.. [more so than he lets on] he will probably ban the after day pill, and, as the pill is considered by fundies as an abortative he'll probably go after that [and other hormonal contraceptives] as well which will have dire consequences on women everywhere. Am I the only one who can see this happening?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The sad part it that it just re-enforces the stereo-type of Americans not being that bright. That may not be a problem to the ones who never leave their hometowns, who like to live with their head in the ground, but now when I travel, I have to wear one of these on my suits.

Just so people don't think I'm a complete moron!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

If we stopped giving so much to
other countries, and spent it on our own poor, I'm sure we would
have much less poverty here in America.
Darn us generous Americans!! Too generous for our own good!

Look at this chart:
www.its.caltech.edu...

Most european contries a giving more of there GNP than US and still they got fare less poverty..
Explain that to me?

REF: Most popular ... hmmm .... Cubans and Haitians are risking
death on leaky boats to get here
I don't see any of them risking death to get to Europe.

If Europe was at the same distance as US from Cuba I'm sure they would go there instead.

JEALOUSY?

Jeaslousy..of what? Poverty, Bad education, Religious fanatism, Bad helthcare?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
To all you Bush haters out there...............HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! The only thing terrorist understand is "DEATH". Yours or theirs. I would prefer theirs. You "Euro-trash" can stay stupid if you wish and die. Especially France who took "Blood money" from Saddam in the oil for food scam. Your time is coming and I hope it is soon. OK "Mods" bash me again..................I'm waiting...........

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I feel sadness and pity for America, because now the world that hates Bush will start hating Americans too, because it's "y'all" who put him back into the White House after 4 years of lies and deceit.

He took a surplus and it took him only 4 years to make the United States the BIGGEST debtor on the planet. 4.3 trillion was it? Iraq has cost 260 BILLION so far?

But you know what, ignorance is a perfect defence. I guess it makes me feel better to think that 50% of all Americans (ie. those who voted for Bush) are clinically retarded than that they actually KNOW what they're voting for.

www.cnn.com...

Even after the highly polarizing campaign, the poll indicated some optimism for the next four years.

One-third of respondents said they were optimistic about Bush's second term, and 23 percent were enthusiastic. Another 24 percent said they were afraid and 18 percent expressed pessimism.

Just over half -- 51 percent -- of respondents said they were pleased with the outcome of the presidential election; 38 percent said they were upset.

Let's break that down. 23 percent say they are enthusiastic about Bush's 2nd term. 22 percent said they are "optimistic". 18 percent are pessimistic. 24 percent are AFRAID.

So one QUARTER of your country has the sense enough to realize that this is a BAD thing. One QUARTER of your OWN country is AFRAID of your idiot President.

The world isn't laughing at the US, they're figuring out how to unite AGAINST it. You'll see what I mean as your economy continues it's nosedive, it just makes me sad that so many will suffer unneccessarily.

jako

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Notice how the entire world just "accepts," the election while lamenting it.

It is a very sad day when election fraud has so crippled vote counting, that the choice of the people is rejected in favor of candidates so lacking.

Voting machines are an extremely serious problem, when Zogby International calls the election for Kerry, and exit polls show a discrepency over final results where audited machines reflect consistent results, as unaudited machines do not.

Shame on America for this dishonesty, and for cheating people out of their mandate. Shame on those who cannot stand on their own merits, their policy views, and sell out to uninformed narrow corporate motives.

I would have absolutely welcomed a Bush victory done honestly, but this country is in deep trouble when the actual choice of its people is reduced to this. This problem must be repaired.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
To all you Bush haters out there...............HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! The only thing terrorist understand is "DEATH". Yours or theirs. I would prefer theirs. You "Euro-trash" can stay stupid if you wish and die. Especially France who took "Blood money" from Saddam in the oil for food scam. Your time is coming and I hope it is soon. OK "Mods" bash me again..................I'm waiting...........

Is this a serious post? You LIKE death?! I'm starting to become worried that bush supporters share the same... 'morals'
as bush. Scary thought.

Osama: "Lets have a holy war!"
Bush: "Yay!" or "Yeehaah"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join