It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone laughing at the US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, everyone here at my college in the UK has been disappointed that Bush got in, and we worry even more for the future of your country and the rest of the world.
Despite being the US's 'allies' i think a large majority of people here are going to be very disappointed indeed.

TPL

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rc
I was just curious what everyones views on this..... Everything seems so confusing and the country is so divided to be such a strong country. Maybe thats what makes us a great country to be so divided on other issues but when terrible things happen we can stand together as one.

Most western countries are like that, the US is no different.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think its funny that you seem the think that America can stand on its own two feet independant of the rest of the world. America is completely dependant on the rest of the world. America cannot even grow enough food to feed its own (fat gormless) populus.

I love my family and I love America; I think its a beautiful country. Too bad it was founded on the bones of its true inhabitants, and that its soil is stained with the blood of just about everyone now. Sink or Swim USA, just dont expect the rest of the world to stand up for it throwing its immense weight around any longer

And your damn right I'm pissed off

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Let them laugh all they want, we have the #1 democracy the world has ever seen. Our elections work better than any others as we do allow lawyers and situations like this to be handled through our constitutional process'. People in other countries may not like our choice but like I said in another thread, maybe its America standing up for themselves and telling the rest of the world that we dont care what others think, this is our vote, this is our country and this was OUR choice.

Very well said Dreamz!!!

I viewed a program Monday evening on News World International on Direct TV, the reporter was interviewing French citizens on the elections in the US.

No big surprise, the French have a deep dislike for President Bush and these French citizens were demanding to vote in the US election.

Their thinking was, what ever happens in the United States will affect France, so they should have a chance to vote on the President.

Time will tell who will be elected, I think W has it

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by propagandapanda

I love my family and I love America; I think its a beautiful country. Too bad it was founded on the bones of its true inhabitants, and that its soil is stained with the blood of just about everyone now. Sink or Swim USA, just dont expect the rest of the world to stand up for it throwing its immense weight around any longer

Amen to than, most People in the US think that the policies of the government when it comes to the international comunities does not affect anybody, I suject you people out there go back to school and learn the influences of the US has on the countries of the world, they have the right to voice their disapointments against our government too.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm not laughing. I'm amazed because I had a greater expectation of the American people.

They picked a man that has amassed a $1 trillion deficit in just 4 years,who gave tax cuts to the rich, and looks like imposing a christian fundamentalist social agenda.

I feel sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Unlike partisan liberals I dont see America as a your vote or my vote situation, I look at is as an American and this was a American choice and therefor if your American your part of the process. If you don't like the process or the results maybe your to sensitive to be voting on issues this important in the first place.

But if a country is split right down the middle and the majority is so small, it's not exactly every American's choice, is it?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I think its funny that you seem the think that America can stand on its own two feet independant of the rest of the world. America is completely dependant on the rest of the world. America cannot even grow enough food to feed its own (fat gormless) populus. Every nation on this planet is stained with blood so thats a misinformed situation. America has stood on its own two feet before and can do so again although it wont be needed. Economys around the world would COLLAPSE instantly if we returned to our isolationist policies of post WWI. Call us fat all you want, but does that mean I can call you a stinky, hairy toothless european? Nah, thats pretty immature.

I love my family and I love America; I think its a beautiful country. Too bad it was founded on the bones of its true inhabitants, and that its soil is stained with the blood of just about everyone now. Sink or Swim USA, just dont expect the rest of the world to stand up for it throwing its immense weight around any longer Good, dont expect American aid anymore. Actually niehter of what we say will happen although both of us may wish it would. People are over reacting and quite frankly I think its hilarious.

Awwww, heres a tissue.

rc

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I think its funny that you seem the think that America can stand on its own two feet independant of the rest of the world. America is completely dependant on the rest of the world. America cannot even grow enough food to feed its own (fat gormless) populus.

About Bush?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HobNob

Unlike partisan liberals I dont see America as a your vote or my vote situation, I look at is as an American and this was a American choice and therefor if your American your part of the process. If you don't like the process or the results maybe your to sensitive to be voting on issues this important in the first place.

But if a country is split right down the middle and the majority is so small, it's not exactly every American's choice, is it?

The majority isnt as small as you think, its the 1st time a president won with the majority of the vote since 1988 and previously 1968 (I believe). So yes, it is Americas choice, our democracy works in such a way that whoever wins is the American President. Unlike others, that think that only their votes count, a majority no matter how slim it may be (which its not slim in this case) would be the choice of Americans.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The bottom like is this. American people went to the polls. They voted. While its still too early to call that it. Sorry if the results did not fit your opinion or world view. No should you have symathy or "feel bad" I mean really now.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Good, dont expect American aid anymore. Actually niehter of what we say will happen although both of us may wish it would. People are over reacting and quite frankly I think its hilarious.

I would have thought the US might need aid soon, what with its huge deficits, unless Bush pulls something special out of the bag.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HobNob

Good, dont expect American aid anymore. Actually niehter of what we say will happen although both of us may wish it would. People are over reacting and quite frankly I think its hilarious.

I would have thought the US might need aid soon, what with its huge deficits, unless Bush pulls something special out of the bag.

Haha, nah deficits are not as important politically or economically as many people believe. In matter of fact America is generally run under deficits and eventually they come and go. Deficit predictions as of this moment are that the economy is growing at 5% and the deficit at 1% so deficits generally fix themselves.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
lets face it, bush is going to win. he's won the popular vote by something in the order of 3million. the majority of americans want him as president. no one in the rest of the world does but its not our choice. bush now has the mandate to increase his christian fundamentalist "crusade" against islam. if they get attacked in the same manner as 9/11 again the world will neither be surprised nor have any sympathy with the american people. you voted for him and now youve got him, deal with it!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hello people from USA.

First, congrat on your election's regardless for who you vote.

People have spoken and I wish you all the best.

I am from Europ, and this is what I think.

In privat hours I wish Kerry was voted for your president.

I am not saying he is BETTER or whatever, but I do think people in USA need (and deserve) change. World also.

Looking from my business point of stand.

VIVA BUSH!!

As I said already $ dollar is SO LOW! you can't imagine how much money I have save in last 3-4 years cause of the weak USA dollar.

Bush is bad for USA economy. And moste of you have no idea how much really bad it is.

1 USA is always 1 USA to you, but to me is not.

I have to pay like 35-40% LESS for 1 USA then beffore.

My business likes Bush very much.

So, thank you very many

Good luck to you all people.

I.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Dreamz what colour is the sky in your world, how can you even consider the idea that the US elections have no impact on the rest of the world?

Your reality cheque is in the post, and it won't cover your Trillion Dollar defecit.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Dreamz what colour is the sky in your world, how can you even consider the idea that the US elections have no impact on the rest of the world?

Your reality cheque is in the post, and it won't cover your Trillion Dollar defecit.

Good post, I see all the facts based before me.
The rest of the world doesnt choose our president and if international relations or international pressures dictated our voting then our choice wouldve been different correct?
I think you miss the point that Americans vote for Americans, we don't vote based on what people think of us. We vote based on what we think is best for America because ultimately that is our concern and quite frankly international concern is very little of a voting factor to the large majority of voters. I think the election proves me correct, so Ill take my blue skies while you enjoy your rainbow colored one.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"does that mean I can call you a stinky, hairy toothless european?"

you can (and just have) if you wish, but I'm also an American Citizen (with pretty good teeth fwiw).

and if no American aid is what it takes to live in a world free of tyranical corperate hypocricy, then so be it; I can grow my own food, at least that is until the soil gets so polluted that even that is impossible

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I think you miss the point that Americans vote for Americans, we don't vote based on what people think of us. We vote based on what we think is best for America because ultimately that is our concern and quite frankly international concern is very little of a voting factor to the large majority of voters. I think the election proves me correct, so Ill take my blue skies while you enjoy your rainbow colored one.

I will remember your words when things start going down the drain, see at least i can say " I did not contributed to it"

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Good post, I see all the facts based before me.
The rest of the world doesnt choose our president and if international relations or international pressures dictated our voting then our choice wouldve been different correct?

...and there in lies the problem. A distinct lack of recognition with regards to your position within the global community.

You want the whole cake, even if it means your neighbour starving.

Kerry was going to approve stem cell research aswell, if that had happened they may have found out how to replace the ignorant gene with the common sense gene.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join