It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everyone laughing at the US?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
rc

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Are all the other countries laughing at us? Do they think our elections are a joke. With everything that has gone on with them in the past and now... I wouldnt doubt it. What do you think.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by rc]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
People know that im american in Wales. Every single class I've been to, people look at me with scorn as if I decided the entire election. The entire day theyve been confronting me and asking me why would the american people wish this upon the country. I just reply with a resounding 'I don't know'.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
From what I have been reading, it seems that the rest of the world can not understand the majority decision. Could it be possible that other countries have a better understanding of the problems currently facing the US than our own citizens?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupaFly
From what I have been reading, it seems that the rest of the world can not understand the majority decision. Could it be possible that other countries have a better understanding of the problems currently facing the US than our own citizens?

Taking into consideration that the WORLD is feeling the brunt of the rise in terrorism (due to Bushes war) then I think they have a legitimate beef.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think they are rolling their eyes, shaking their heads, and simply dreading it, not laughing...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think the world is sitting back and wondering why haven't we learned a damn thing over the past 4 years!

Bush supporters, are you happy today and feeling relief from the fear? Because half of the same nation feels sad because we've lost hope now..

Sorry if my country decides to wage war on your citizens and declare casualties of war on your family.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by syntaxer]

link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I think they are rolling their eyes, shaking their heads, and simply dreading it, not laughing...

...and you'd be absolutely right, although I pretty much knew this would happen I was hoping I could be proved wrong. Sadly not.

link   
Let them laugh all they want, we have the #1 democracy the world has ever seen. Our elections work better than any others as we do allow lawyers and situations like this to be handled through our constitutional process'. People in other countries may not like our choice but like I said in another thread, maybe its America standing up for themselves and telling the rest of the world that we dont care what others think, this is our vote, this is our country and this was OUR choice.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well, I think that leaders of other nations, are in the planning of as how to control the war president elect for the next 4 years.

I feel that the rest of the world can see better that most american do about the mind of the leader of our nation because his desicions afect them directly.

I will not be surprised if the rest of the world will stand firm against bushes policies in the future.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm from Canada

And were in no win situation right now. The United States is our biggest trading partner and we rely on them for a huge part of the economy. If we stand firm with the world and say no to bush then we will face economic threats. If we go with Bush then we become hated by the world.

Being that Canada is a peaceful liberal nation I suggest we will choose Peace and the world over the United States.

We our entering a dark era on mankind

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well, I think that leaders of other nations, are in the planning of as how to control the war president elect for the next 4 years.

I feel that the rest of the world can see better that most american do about the mind of the leader of our nation because his desicions afect them directly.

I will not be surprised if the rest of the world will stand firm against bushes policies in the future.

I dont think that is a correct statement at all. Our domestic policies do NOT affect them and our international policies about our security is honestly none of thier business. As far as them standing against Bush, they already are doing that so that will not make one bit of difference at all. Its funny, everyone across the pond is supposedly so upset with our selection yet they dont realize it is OUR decision, like it or not.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not laughing at all. You have nothing but my pity, and sympathy.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuestion
I'm from Canada

And were in no win situation right now. The United States is our biggest trading partner and we rely on them for a huge part of the economy. If we stand firm with the world and say no to bush then we will face economic threats. If we go with Bush then we become hated by the world.

Being that Canada is a peaceful liberal nation I suggest we will choose Peace and the world over the United States.

We our entering a dark era on mankind

Thats simply not true. Canada and America are intertwined silently so to speak and almost nothing would change that. I can see one thing and thats alot of people overreacting.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Not laughing at all. You have nothing but my pity, and sympathy.

Thanks but your pity and sympathy wont be needed.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Not laughing either.
Just shaking my head and praying.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
Its funny, everyone across the pond is supposedly so upset with our selection yet they dont realize it is OUR decision, like it or not.

No, is no my decision is yours you voted for him, so when things go wrong I will have a clean mind, but you have to live with your desicions and suck it up.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
No laughs here either, more fascinated how effective and smart the corpfascism system is.

rc

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was just curious what everyones views on this..... Everything seems so confusing and the country is so divided to be such a strong country. Maybe thats what makes us a great country to be so divided on other issues but when terrible things happen we can stand together as one.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rc
I was just curious what everyones views on this..... Everything seems so confusing and the country is so divided to be such a strong country. Maybe thats what makes us a great country to be so divided on other issues but when terrible things happen we can stand together as one.

Have you consider that your government might take advantage of the fact that a outside enemy units people?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Dreamz
Its funny, everyone across the pond is supposedly so upset with our selection yet they dont realize it is OUR decision, like it or not.

No, is no my decision is yours you voted for him, so when things go wrong I will have a clean mind, but you have to live with your desicions and suck it up.

Unlike partisan liberals I dont see America as a your vote or my vote situation, I look at is as an American and this was a American choice and therefor if your American your part of the process. If you don't like the process or the results maybe your to sensitive to be voting on issues this important in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join