It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best way/guide to meditation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Anyone have a link to a video or guide, instructional etc to the best and most effective way to meditate? Thank you!

Gs

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
There are hundreds of ways to meditate, all of which can work. Can you specify what type of meditation you're looking for? Or what you're hoping to achieve through meditation?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

Here is a great tip for anyone who wants to meditate:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The simplest meditation in the universe:

Sit in a comfortable place, in a chair or on the floor. Breath steadily, inhaling deeply then exhaling. Focus on these breaths for ten inhalations, before letting yourself breath normally. Keep your focus on your breaths. Thoughts will come up, you'll hear and feel things like you normally would. Acknowledge these things, but don't let your mind stick to them.

Let them "pass through you", so to speak, as though there was nothing there to catch them. Keep your mind focused.

Voila, you're meditating. I suggest you do this for ten minutes a day a few days, then increase it by five every few days, until you get to thirty minutes a day. I suggest you do this early in the morning before you do any work, preferably in a place with little noise. If there is natural ambiance, it's alright.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Damsel

The whole chakra thing and 3rd eye... Etc.. Projection.

Gs

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Thank you I will watch.

Gs

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Thank you also!

Gs

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
As previous posters have stated, there are many methods and it is really up to you to find the one that you like the best. That will give you the best results.

As far as a guided meditation though, this is one of my favorites.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Its really simple,

BREATH.

Now pay attention to it, watch it, learn it, observe it.

There... now you know what to do.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Great advice rabbit.

Good post to pay attention to. All the other mediations of chakras and all this, its not necessary to come to balance. In order to be balanced you first have to understand silence.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Best way/guide to meditation?

I'm fond of repeating a mantra....

Nam Myho Renge Kyo...www.comp.glam.ac.uk...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
Anyone have a link to a video or guide, instructional etc to the best and most effective way to meditate? Thank you!

Gs

Hey I started a whole thread with various links supporting a number of meditations methods that lead to Enlightenment.

Here you go:
The Ultimate Enlightenment Thread & "How To" Guide

1 method is to Observe the Observer within you, while ignoring everything else.

Another is to Unknow Everything,a nd to just "Be" in the Unknowing.....

A third one is to keep all awareness on the In/Out breath, while ignoring the mind.

Check that thread out, the first page has everything you need and a bunch of free books/instructions on there

Originally posted by onequestion

Its really simple,

BREATH.

Now pay attention to it, watch it, learn it, observe it.

There... now you know what to do.

Yes that's one of them.

Also, I don't know if that's a pic of you or not OneQuestion, but the Beauty Self Evident in that picture, is an Enlightening Meditation for these eyes!!!

edit on 13-4-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I wish that was me im a big hairy dude.

if that was me i would be staring in the mirror all day and night, naked.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by dominicus

I wish that was me im a big hairy dude.

if that was me i would be staring in the mirror all day and night, naked.

HAhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh man, that was great. I hope I didn't burst a brain vessel with that one Lol

Star for you

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Drugs; those most similar to ordinary brain chemistry.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by inval

Thanks for this.

Gs

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thank you to each and every one of you who has replied! Much appreciated and stars given to all.
Very kind of you to take the time out to reply.

Gs
edit on 14-4-2013 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The goal of meditation is to quiet the mind, and cease all thought. In my OPINION focusing on breathing and repeating a mantra are good in the beginning because trying to achieve silence is almost impossible when you are first trying to reign in and quiet the mind. The mind will be constantly wandering off if you don't have something to focus on like breathing or a mantra to keep the mind occupied with something.

Later on, when the brain chatter has started to subside, go for absolute silence. If you achieve that, then wow, you are in for a treat

Even when not meditating you can continue to progress in your practice. During your everyday life, be mindful of what you are thinking about at all times. Make an effort to eliminate the patterns of thinking that are negative like old stuff that happened that angered you or hurt you. Try to be in the now at all times, not thinking about the past or the future. Think about it - whenever you are upset, it is because of something that happened before or something you are worried about in the future, or some other thing you think you should be doing besides what you are doing right now. You can eliminate almost all unhappiness by just focusing on what is happening right now around you.

One more thing - Biofeedback!!! You know that when you are upset this translates to a strained expression on your face, tensed muscles etc. Did you know this works the other way too? Right now relax all the muscles in your face to a completely benign expression with maybe a slight smile. Loosen up any tense shoulders and let everything hang comfortably. Feel calmer? Of course you do! Biofeedback has solid science behind it with medical research and the whole lot. It has really helped me become a lot calmer in every day situations.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have been mainly using the Jon kabat zinn guided meditation CDs or just these free YouTube videos.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep

Gs

I thought that meditation would be the only way I could spiritually evolve. I was wrong. I came up with most of my math, physics, visions, predictions, science and encryption stuff not by sitting in lotus, but by activating and stimulating that brain of mine. You're supposed to use a brain, not attempt to shut it down. Use it or lose it, as they always say. I would respectfully tell you that meditation is basically useless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join