It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA extremely active today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not but I live nearby to Fort Indiantown Gap in Pennsylvania. The Gap has been used as a mobilization base since 9/11 and is the main depot for several divisions, particularly the only national Stryker division in the US, the 56th Stryker Brigade Combat Team.

Anywho, I always keep a close ear and every once in awhile they have some firing exercises and some air drills but I've never seen or heard anything like today. It sounds like a non-stop thunderstorm with the cannon fire going off on the gap and it has been going on for hours.

Couple that with the fact that planes and choppers have been flying exercises overhead the entire time - something completely unseen since 9/11 time frame, and it has me on my toes. The skies haven't been quiet for hours and it it continuing on. The only event taking place that I have seen is that Senator Toomey (yes of the gun bill fame) is on base for some kind of recruitment seminar.

Something to keep watch over and if there are any other bases that seem to be overly active, any information would be much appreciated. This is definitely not an ordinary day for the Gap, that is for sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sure why not blow a few million bucks to assure the senator they are on the ball......

I seem to recall the Marines Commandant telling his boys to conser every round a week ago.....duh!
What gives?
They couldhave sent the ammo to where its really needed......

edit on 13-4-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I grew up in Hempfield township in Lancaster well south of that base, but

am wondering if there's anything unusual happening outside the base in town

or anywhere in the region.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Just combat exercises. Just like a football team practices to be ready for game time, so does the military. I used to live near camp pendleton and frequently heard these exercises. S&F for sharing though.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If it's a well known predeployment training facility? I'd look to Korea, where American leaders are still moving very expensive and real world assets toward like it all had to be there yesterday. Perhaps Syria as well, where the fall of the Government in Damascus going particularly bad could easily have a 3-4 nation regional war kicking off inside 24hrs or less of things blowing the wrong way.

I'd say there is no shortage right at the moment for things our Military is feeling real anxious about for having combat units ready to ship out for on almost no notice at all. Just my thoughts and thanks for the update. This isn't the only base in the continental U.S. right now that is quite active where usually it's pretty routine.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have this sinking feeling we're going to be fighting an ugly ground war in Korea soon. Nobody is stupid enough to use nukes so if NK decides to invade the only option left is tactical forces. Seems even with air superiority we can't win a ground war and perhaps that's the idea in the first place. Allow it drag on until the people can be talked in to anything to get it to stop. Let's hope not but my feelings are saying otherwise.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Cant win a ground war? I dont know about that, especially with the fact that China seems to be teaming up with the US.

Yes NK has what the worlds 5th largest army? Thats all well and good, but to the US, thats just one huge aerial target.

The only way NK could have a foot in the war game is by using WMDS. Esp with the US-SK-China-and Japan all surrounding them.

Who do they have? A bunch of ground soldiers- also female soldiers in high heels.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There is the little matter of 1600 aircraft, thousands of tanks...70 submarines
hovercraft strike vehicles
A nuclear bomb or two....
many missiles of many types...
NK could do some damage if they start the ball.......
The likelihood of a preemptive beginning to the war grows daily.....
The posturing has got to mellow out or shtf

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I was there last weekend doing weapon quals, we had four ranges going for all three days Friday to Sunday and were making quite a racket. That is not even counting the A-10s and choppers separate from my unit doing training.

Regardless of it seeming like an abnormal amount of activity, the Gap is pretty much the main National Guard training post in the country, and especially for the northeast. At one point or another in any given week there is always several units training there. Now if I or anyone else I knew were called there outside their normal training routine to be there today, then you might have cause for worry, but as far as I have been told nothing like that is happening.

It is the troops staying fresh and wasting ammo like they do best.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Who do they have? A bunch of ground soldiers- also female soldiers in high heels.

Take a closer look at their artillery......the first salvo they will unleash will be unlike any other bombardment save perhaps D-Day. They will inflict large military and civilian losses in the opening Day. It would not a pretty day to be in South Korea.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

dont disagree with you on that point.

many would die.

..but it would be the shortest day in NK history....then when the dust settles...its all history.

I really dont think anything will come of all of this warmongering though.

I personally think it is an attempt to rally people to some other cause- what cause- not quite sure yet.
I am sure we will find out though.
There is something going on that I personally believe the public in ALL nations are not being told.

To the people "in charge"...a "higher order", if you will.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

This might sound a little odd. But I new for a fact that the U.S was going into Iraq when the reports started coming in.

That the U.S Military was making large purchases of port- a- lets (chemical toilets). It is a matter of logistics, small signs like that are very good indicators, and much harder to keep quite by the government.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

Did you make a video of this? The planes, helicopters and cannon sounds would be great to see and hear. It would also add greatly to your story here.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just to help put things in perspective. In the mid 70's there were roughly 25,000 of we U.S. troops between Panmunjom (DMZ) and Seoul SK, the distance of 30 miles or so. We always knew that we we're Cannon Fodder, intended on slowing not stopping the than 750-800,000 strong NK regular Army. Enough time (hopefully) to evacuate all VIP's and families to Japan/Hawaii while the B-52's we're on their way from Guam. It was then accepted that all humanity between the line and Seoul would become a mess of body parts and blood! All we could do was fight and pray we'd die, not get taken prisoner, as we were all pretty sure reinforcements wouldn't make it in time and we had no illusions of appropriate treatment by NK. I often wonder if the same sentiment follows our troops there now? In any case, do not think NK is a Paper Tiger relative it's Army. They are bad to the bone and as ruthless as anything we've experienced in Afganistan or Iraq and they will just as soon go hand to hand as to shoot from a distance and I doubt any of them see any honor in killing with IED's. We really are talking about some Bad Asses here. That being said, our troops will kick their butts if given half a fighting chance, as we have technology and our Commaraderie that makes it possible to do nearly the impossible. I'll bet on the U.S. and the ROK's to take care of business but it will costs thousands of lives, which is too much. I hope the little bastard backs off before he gets the region lit up, once it starts I'm confident the NK army will march until their told to stop or are all killed. They consider it (like the Japenese) dishonorable to surrender a fight, so I don't many would/will. Let's all hope peace prevails!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I grew up in Harrisburg and lived nearby Blue Mountain (north of the city). We'd constantly hear artillery exercises going on - especially on the weekends. When we got the opportunity to play golf at Manada Hill golf club - a few miles away from the base, a real treat would be seeing the A-10s doing runs against ground targets behind the mountain or flying over the course on their way to another base. We'd wave up at them and occasionally get a wing-wave back.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This was in the 80's/90's mind you

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hi there.

Isn't North Korea's Celebrations starting on Monday 15th April (Birth of their leader)

The heavy training may be a bit more wide spread than usual, as where I am in the UK, we get planes practicing their landings on a nearby beach.

Yet it has been quiet lately.

Maybe nothing will happen with this event, but the way I keep reading about NK firing missiles over Japan or whatever, its making me think.

Also, another North Korea related thing, but have you seen how disciplined their troops are on parade? I thinks its mad how they all seem to march/create patterns etc.
I know a lot of people will say they'll get whipped if their out of line, but crickey...

eee.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

All is clear in Hempfield.

Have been lurking for a long time but figured this might help shed some light on the Fort Indiantown Gap activity. Found this on the local news site right before I saw this thread.

An artillery live-fire exercise is taking place this weekend at Fort Indiantown Gap in Lebanon County.

You can read (slightly) more about it here: Live Fire Exercises taking place at Fort Indiantown Gap

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like Camp Pendleton will be doing some bomb run exercises this week, I live pretty close and have never seen them announce something like this.

temecula.patch.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Nope, I live in Hempfield township and nothing exciting there

new topics

top topics

join