It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Morales and Cracking Economy in The USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I saw this news, and it has sent shivers down my spine! Is this what the world has come to? Is this how will ultimately be our future?

A man driving along east Detroit was shot by his passenger! The driver lost control and hit a 56 year old man, and then crashed along.
The shock is not in the passenger shooting the driver!
The shock comes when you see the news about witnesses literally Robbing the hurt passerby and the driver! Yes, the witnesses to the accident did not stop to help. They instead resorted to steal from the hurt victims.

I am unable to understand how this kind of mob mentality degradation can happen! Has the economy fallen so much in the USA that people have
let go of their morales? Why such apathy, such anarchy, such abhorring behaviour! Somewhere, things have gone wrong...very wrong!

This is a sorry world to live in. Wonder how much more we shall fall as a species?

Video Link: youtu.be...
(Sorry, I am posting from my mobile and am unable to know if the video has been inserted in this post.)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm not the grammar police or anything, but the word you're looking for is MORALS. I get what you're saying though.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Fixed the video for you. S&F

EDIT: After watching the video, I have to say that this does not surprise me. We have taken God out of our society and replaced absolute right and wrong with situational ethics. Black and white are replaced by 50 shades of gray. We are a fallen people now totally deserving judgement.
edit on 13-4-2013 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

god isn't the issue after all the Spanish inquisition had god and AL Qaeda still does.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir

god isn't the issue after all the Spanish inquisition had god and AL Qaeda still does.
Keep telling yourself that.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The problem is people are brought up to believe in absolutes, the absolutes of fame and wealth. the narrow pursuit of these combined with a taboo on self discover, that is the problem with the people of today.

Religion isn't the solution not because it is unable to give a moral base (in fact most holy scriptures contain a lot of good moral advice) but because most people are unable to learn their own religions beliefs beyond what there local priest tells them is true. a perfect example would be the christian "thou shalt not kill" (unless my government or priest tells me to.)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think Detroit was once among the finest and strongest cities our nation had. It was, in many ways, the heart of the American Industrial Revolution as much as the central plains states formed the breadbasket to our own people and the world at large.

......now? It's become what I believe many other cities are going to slip into over time. It's just a question of how long it takes, as Detroit had some very local and pressing issues that pushed them over the cliff first. I can't say I 'loved' going into Detroit in the 90's to deliver produce, but I never feared the place any more than any other big city in the nation either. If I were still trucking today, I'm not sure I'd accept a load delivering into Detroit proper. I don't even have to wonder if that came with a middle of the night/wee hours of the morning time on it. I couldn't be heavily armed enough to enter that place with a trailer full of loot ...as many would come to see it.

It's all fallen SO far and SO fast. It makes my head spin some days.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

almost the entire planet is religious and christians make up a solid 1/3 of the worlds population..... certainly doesnt appear that godlessness is the problem
youre in florida right? you are aware that florida is dominated by religion right? and somehow the countless problems present in florida stem from a lack of religious beliefs?

if only we were a little more religious.......

new topics

top topics

join