It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats happening to the site? (Nothing at all)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What I see happening is that name calling, insults, personal attacks and rude behavior has become the norm.

I remember when calling someone a "mook" got you a warning and point deduction; now it seems even blatant, not even a trying to circumvent the censors, profanity
is tolerated; Especially in contentious threads.

I'm no prude but come on....

edit on 13-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Management's recent and blatant censorship of certain topics has turned off a lot of people. I've seen several people on other sites who used to be ATS regulars and they've said the same thing. Members are going elsewhere to discuss important and timely topics that ATS will not allow.
edit on 13-4-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The site is getting a fair amount of new sign ups, so that helps, but it appears we are losing long time old hands.

Yes, it's a shame.

however, you are more likely to get more hits with 'OMG My Grandmother Is An Alien' than with 'I found a new energy source'.............

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, that's the best way to fly. If you don't like the situation, vote with your feet.

Maybe your right, I to have noticed a lot of regulars on other sites as well posting, but have seen them here less and less.

maybe you have something there.

Originally posted by bigfootgurl
Management's recent and blatant censorship of certain topics has turned off a lot of people. I've seen several people on other sites who used to be ATS regulars and they've said the same thing. Members are going elsewhere to discuss important and timely topics that ATS will not allow.
edit on 13-4-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
the fringe kooks have made it insufferable

everything is aliens and obama zombies, the dollar is going to collapse everyday and the mayans really meant next month

gets boring real fast

being anti -conformist for the sake of it is the worst kind of conformity

it's not thinking, it's only doing the opposite of the accepted, official or established

and when the 9/11 and titor threads died this place took a hit. nothing left but the illuminati infiltrating hip hop

yawn

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This was all fields when I first came here

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

My guess would be that there hasn't been much controversial news in the MSM lately. When the MSM is airing a lot of controversial stories people flock to ATS in droves to get the latest updates and to see what other people are saying and to add their own two cents to the mix. When there isn't much happening in the MSM it slows down substantially on ATS. Also, you will notice that when school lets out for summer break the traffic around here will sky rocket- as well as the amount of inane and two liner OPs, as well as new members getting almost instantly banned due to not reading T&Cs when they join.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I totally agree with you, all this NorKo stuff is such small potatoes it hardly warrants a thread,or 500. And all this gun stuff has hardly been an issue.

Hardly anyone has added 2 cents to the mix.

Valid point. TY.

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by lnfideI

My guess would be that there hasn't been much controversial news in the MSM lately. When the MSM is airing a lot of controversial stories people flock to ATS in droves to get the latest updates and to see what other people are saying and to add their own two cents to the mix. When there isn't much happening in the MSM it slows down substantially on ATS. Also, you will notice that when school lets out for summer break the traffic around here will sky rocket- as well as the amount of inane and two liner OPs, as well as new members getting almost instantly banned due to not reading T&Cs when they join.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Seems like the biggest drop is in US viewers.

Maybe the constant threads bashing the US, has taken its toll.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That's possible, bit you know what they say hey?

Cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Maybe some of the Americans have ran away to greener pastures? Like disney.com?

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by beezzer

Seems like the biggest drop is in US viewers.

Maybe the constant threads bashing the US, has taken its toll.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have been around since 2006, registering in February of that year. My total post count is 635, with 14 threads as author: giving a mean average of 1.7 posts a week.

ATS today is much less than what ATS was when I joined. It was smaller, and it attracted a diverse group all looking to 'deny ignorance' using supported facts and actively rebutting the disinformation, just so others not actively engaged in combatting the government spin on society could find reference to its rebuttal.

I've always been involved in a personal quest to understanding all the elements that have appeared in my life, and have thus become a part of that experience, that quest continues today. I didn't begin this quest on the day I joined ATS. I joined ATS because at the time, it gave me a forum to voice my opinion, an opinion that has seen shifts in its paradigm perception. Some of the stuff I wrote of back in the early days are not what I would consider relevant to me now, and indeed, only a small part of ATS remains relevant to me, as I have seen it become too much 'icing' and not enough 'cake'.

When I log in I find myself more often than not despairing at the threads being started and the posts being made, which make ATS's original intent nothing more than frivolous and superficial by comparison. The utter absurdity and very ridiculous postings being made garner the most deluded support, and are flagged and starred way beyond the more important and relevant threads and posts. I find myself having to take most of the content appearing on ATS with a very big pinch of salt.

Obviously, ATS needs revenue in order to keep going, and member and visiting figures bring in the ads that bring in the revenue, so there is no discernment being applied as to the quality of the members and what they post. I think the site could do with a very robust trim on subjects, but I suppose that would be counter-productive for revenue. I wonder...do the site owners and administrators still believe in the actual reason for creating the site, or is it now nothing more than just a form of making some money?

ATS membership is quite diverse in it range, running from the well-educated and intelligent to the most uneducated and ignorant, and unfortunately, it would seem there is more of the latter than the former in the present day. Perhaps a premium membership might address this, or a quality control of postings? Of course, things can remain as they are, too.
edit on 13/4/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nothing has happened to ATS.

Been here for 7 years. The place has ups and downs just like any other site.

Tell you what annoys me - continual reference to "top posters" - EVERY post on ATS where the poster makes a genuine effort counts.

There are many different styles of posters, prolific, thoughtful, more articulate, even some minimalistic ones that make huge sense and provoke thoughts you may not have. Quality counts, not quantity or - god forbid - peoples egos.

I enjoy and respect 99% of the posts on ATS. I would hope others did too.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm with SmyleGrl,

I've had to take a break from ATS of late - In fact I'm only viewing this thread because of a re-direct from PRC.

ATS has become too mainstream, and disjointed.

More Trollin and name callin than discussing real info.

Any intelligence gets scared off!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Maybe they need to have tighter moderation and more selective post removals then?

That is sure to raise post counts and forum participation.

Right?

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I'm with SmyleGrl,

I've had to take a break from ATS of late - In fact I'm only viewing this thread because of a re-direct from PRC.

ATS has become too mainstream, and disjointed.

More Trollin and name callin than discussing real info.

Any intelligence gets scared off!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI

That's possible, bit you know what they say hey?

Cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Maybe some of the Americans have ran away to greener pastures? Like disney.com?

Maybe the kitchen should be used for cooking........

If people want the constant berating and bashing of the US or Israel, or any other Nation they cant stand, then this is the place for it. Looks like people are tired of it.

I'm here for the meal, not cooking it or listening to the cooks hash out bad recipes.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have only been coming here for the past few months but I get a lot of server error pages when trying to connect to this site. I don't know if anyone else has this problem or not but it's very frustrating for me when that happens.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting to see the chart. I've never explored that feature. Obvious are the Sandy Hook and Chris Dorner spikes in December.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Its always boils down to this.

Be the change you wish to see.

I expect all the naysayers here to be posting long and interesting OP's in the near future.

Lets have at it

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You may be expecting a bit much and will be let down by your high expectations.

But I shall try.

So what is it going to be? Indian Butter Chicken or Pineapple upside down cake?

Forget trying to debunk a cows heart being pawned off as a organism from mars,or that the stone monument is actually cast cement not stone.

I am going to try to prove to you all that my granny was an alien.

Actually, I think I am going to click off for 7 days.

click.

Originally posted by neformore

I expect all the naysayers here to be posting long and interesting OP's in the near future.

Lets have at it

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Lets have at it

From what I can understand, posting LONG, INFORMATIVE AND TRUTHFUL threads, are a sure way to see you on the infamous banned list.

We know ATS love's it's drama first and foremost.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join