It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Respected Foe-i get it,no more notifications needed,thank you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have received about 20 identical notices now that a member has added me as a respected foe.I deleted all but one,to keep as i keep almost all my u2u's.No worries,but it keeps popping up,i keep noticing and deleting.I have no probs being someone's foe-respected or otherwise-but it's getting a bit annoying,as i stop what i'm busy with,out of courtesy,in case someone else may be waiting on a reply from me.

Can the admin team stop sending me the same message now,asked with all due respect?
I get it,i've taken due notice,and i'm sure i'm not required to reply,in fact i'm told not to reply,so delete this thread after having noted that i did in fact,receive the message,if that is what would be convenient for you.
I wish you all a good weekend,Rax,

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
hay Rox did you get it sorted? I haven't a clue about things like that so if i ever get them im pooped

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

At least your a FOE

Instead of a FEO
(Ugly in Spanish)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
lol i thought maybe it was bad as in friend or foe

daaaaaaaa lol

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

i might learn something new then if i hang about

Yehar!!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wonder what happens if I foe someone, then unfoe them, then foe them, then unfoe them again, over and over.

Do they get a bazillion U2Us?

I've never seen more than 1 per person. I certainly don't get repeat ones, thankfully or I'd have a million by time check the thing.. which is once a year or something.. seeing as I don't get the notices.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I've never seen more than 1 per person.

Yes it's an automated process obviously. If the OP is getting the same alert for the same foe over and over again it's either because of some glitch in the system or maybe because that person keeps adding and removing the OP from their foe list like you said.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Foeing over and over again simply causes the same message to be sent to the other members inbox multiple times. If done over a short period this would constitute spamming IMO and could be grounds for staff involvement - up to and including a post or permanent ban.

If it happens over a long period of time? Then I would think it's probably indicative of a person with some decision making issues.

Staff is looking into this particular case currently.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If my experience is anything to go by-just send an intended foe a u2u saying;"Hey! you my foe now!' and be done with it

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks Heff,i don't mind foes,it's just,i'm trying to upload pics from my pc to ATS,and talking to friends-and here in this part of SA we're battling with Net-connections at the moment as it is.I can't even watch a 3minute YT cat-vid-like i said to someone,i could knit a scarf in the time it takes to watch a cat-clip from all the buffering-so it's a bit annoying to drop what i'm doing,to find the same message all the time.Thanks again

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Haha, no I wasn't inferring a plan to enact chaos across the forums by mass FOE foolishness.

I would have thought the flood control would have come into play, but therein lies how things are exploited.. I guess.

No one takes the time to send me a U2U saying "you stink!" they just say it in public and then foe me and run away

No biggie!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No, no, no... My reply wasn't directed toward you at all good Sir!

As for flood control for U2U's - I honestly don't know if any is present - but the system itself is set up so that it would not really be required IMO. The fields automatically clear after sending and it takes a couple of seconds ( at least with my ISP ) for a message to fully send. Not at all traits that I'd look for in a system I was wishing to exploit.

This is coming from a person who proudly recalls being totally banned from Efnet for life and who racked up many K-lines on Undernet - mostly for flooding.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is quite serious imo. Let's see. Abuse of the U2U system and harassment of a fellow member. I wouldn't recommend doing this. I can see grounds for banning.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ahhaha! I have my fair share of k-line memories from dalnet.
How on earth did you get that from Efnet! That's where my eztv lives, and so many people with too much time on their hands. lol Dare I ask
Always preferred efnet to undernet and dalnet, those two big networks seemed to not care about the hundreds of sicko channels.. Back when wingates were popular, we used to take over channels and boot all the OPs.

hehe, those were the days!

Ahh, I only know when I've gone to reply to a few U2U's that it won't let me send two in quick succession, it tells me flood control is in effect. I'd imagine it would be a pretty ineffective way to get at someone, haha, but stranger things have happened.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I just find it strange that anyone would want to "Foe" you! You are one of the nicest people on here even when you disagree, so I can only infer that whoever it was "very contrary" (nicest T&C acceptable term for what I was really thinking). If it's not a glitch and they are "foe-ing" you over and over just to rub it in it tells me a lot about his/her character that isn't very nice at all!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hi intrepid,it seems to have stopped now-i would'nt want anyone banned because of me-they should just make up their minds already
Anyway,i have'nt had another one,so it's okay now,thank you though,for being protective of members.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Can I foe you? Lol
Kidding

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank you littled16,what a nice thing to say-well i can be quite outspoken about things i'm passionate about,but i do always respect other's right to differ,and their opinions as well,so idk..but like i said,whoever wants to foe me, do so once+for all-here in this part of SA the net-connection is not good the past few days,and it takes about double the time to get anything done-and i've been swamped with 408's lately too.I won't be surprised if i have a nightmare tonight of a demon chasing me shouting:"408,i'm your foe now,408,408!!"

Bless you,littled,have a great Sunday and upcoming week!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I just find it strange that anyone would want to "Foe" you! You are one of the nicest people on here even when you disagree, so I can only infer that whoever it was "very contrary" (nicest T&C acceptable term for what I was really thinking). If it's not a glitch and they are "foe-ing" you over and over just to rub it in it tells me a lot about his/her character that isn't very nice at all!

I have to agree with you, Rax is nice. I dont like this whole foe system, i honestly think its childish. I dont think its needed. Ive got foe-d by only one person, and i know its silly, but it upset me a bit to be honest, because i really couldnt see what id done wrong to the person.
I would not be unhappy to see it go.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Homer!
That would make me sad..

But you and my hubby has a similar look,so i can always take it out on him

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join