It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and US make North Korea nuclear pledge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

China and US make North Korea nuclear pledge

www.bbc.co.uk

China and the US have vowed to work together to persuade North Korea to give up its nuclear programme and to settle tensions through dialogue.

A Chinese statement issued during a visit by US Secretary of State John Kerry said the nuclear issue was the "shared responsibility of all parties".

Mr Kerry said the two sides must decide "very quickly" how to proceed.

China and the US have vowed to work together to persuade North Korea to give up its nuclear programme and to settle tensions through
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

edit on 13-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

well thats good im glad china is so on board..........

However with that spoiled brat, I dont think its gonna work...........

But its fine China is already tired of NK, he better quit pissing them off or hes going to have to worry about them taking care of them before we do.......

US:"Thats it lil kim weve had enough, time to put up or shut up"

China: "Its ok US , were closer.....NK All UR BASES R BELONG TO US"

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Light at the end of the tunnel?
A possible return to sanity?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
(whew).... That makes me feel better than any news I've heard since this began!

I don't know how it turns out for being effective or leading to a happy ending ....but the Chinese troops gathering on the DPRK border have been a factor I've rarely mentioned but never stopped thinking about when this topic comes to mind. They have the same level of treaty with Pyongyang, in their way, as we have with Seoul. What China's true intentions have been...has been no shortage of angst to myself as well as many who do far more than just blog about it for fun.

Nothing is carved in granite of course, but this is a pretty firm statement of their intent and outlook on the matter and I'll take the good news we can get on this whole matter. That is a bright ray of sunshine in an otherwise bad storm building.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
China could end this whole mess with one phone call to Lil' Kim. Then take him behind the tool shed and spank him like he deserves. China has far too much at stake to let this little bastard continue to run his mouth off. Most importantly No concessions should be made on the behalf of China or the US to NK if they decide to back off the rhetoric. That has been our pattern of response every NK as acted out in the past. We'll give you this if you go away. Then 4 years later when the spoiled child needs more it acts up to get what it wants...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Nothing is carved in granite of course,

Except lil Kims headstone if he doesnt listen to China and really starts to piss them off....

They have too many irons in the fire to have to deal with this guy and im sure hes really got them in a huff

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I see this being the final ultimatum from TPTB. He's either to come to the negotiating table for structured nuclear-disarmament OR he'll be made to cease and desist by force.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I would say China is going to have the banks released from the Patriot Act Blocking that has been on them. It is the only part of the BS with North Korea they are worried about. But are they going to stop allowing North Korea to black market deals through those banks is the question?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I find this scenario to be highly unlikely and part of the deceptive MSM propaganda train.

discernment is needed during this time

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sweet OP...stopped reading after...well there was nothing to read really. Just a quote from a website...

OP usually makes pretty decent threads, what's the deal???

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey that is awesome news.

Now like the LAST FOUR TIMES we can give them money and food, to feed Fatboy Kim and help him fund his drug running, and he will promise to get rid of the nukes, and just like the LAST FOUR TIMES Fatboy Kim will break his promises.

Nice Job Democrats, Mr Obummer, and Herman Kerry.

You saved the world yet again, meanwhile Iran is in NorKo,learning the tricks of the trade.

edit on 13-4-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by infowarrior9970
I find this scenario to be highly unlikely and part of the deceptive MSM propaganda train.

discernment is needed during this time

So its wiser to just stop taking in any information what so ever because you ASSUME its just part of some big cover up.........

So considering one doesnt take in any information, how is one able to try to draw any conclusions on anything?

Where do you get YOUR information on the situation...........or do you consider your speculations more qualified then any information coming out of any source anywhere?

Yeah thats logical

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't want to speak for him, but he is probably delighted herman kerry saved the day, yet again.

Just saying.

Originally posted by MmmPie
Sweet OP...stopped reading after...well there was nothing to read really. Just a quote from a website...

OP usually makes pretty decent threads, what's the deal???

link   
Is it me or do I hear an agreement for splitting Korea after the dust settles much like east and west Germany after ww2...

link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
Hey that is awesome news.

Now like the LAST FOUR TIMES we can give them money and food, to feed Fatboy Kim and help him fund his drug running, and he will promise to get rid of the nukes, and just like the LAST FOUR TIMES Fatboy Kim will break his promises.

Nice Job Democrats, Mr Obummer, and Herman Kerry.

You saved the world yet again, meanwhile Iran is in NorKo,learning the tricks of the trade.

edit on 13-4-2013 by lnfideI because: ~~~~ __/) ~~~~~~

I dunno, I hope not, but it does make you wonder how far they will have to push before China decides to lay down some REAL smack on that regime........

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have a bad feeling though that all this does is prove to other countries that the US CAN NOT handle their own problems. That is all that Kerry is doing. I so wish that the US would start realizing that, however its always you go talk to them, to me it means we are weak.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Is it me or do I hear an agreement for splitting Korea after the dust settles much like east and west Germany after ww2...

wow didnt think of that honestly.......kind of a scary thought.......I suppose military action with the US and China cooperating with each other would be lucrative for both.....

Tho i dunno that i could ever see that happening........

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
China has recently amassed a large number of troops at its North Korean border so this means China is preparing for something big. I would say it is one of the following.

Scenario one: China has amassed troops at her North Korean border because she is preparing for a North Korea/Allied war and therefore they put troops at their North Korea border to both supply and feed and otherwise assist the North Koreans in the war effort (not sending in troops mind you) and to also stop the inevitable flood of North Korean refuges.

Scenario two: China has amassed troops at her North Korean border in order to prepare for the inevitable flood of refuges when it gets serious and puts a stop to North Korea's fear mongering.

FACT: China has the power to very swiftly and single-handedly put a stop to North Korea's bull stench. China could achieve full compliance by North Korea within six months.

Mr. Graham, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said the U.S. needs to “up our game” with China to rein in North Korean leader Kim Jong Eun. He said China doesn’t want a democratic Korea in its region. “I blame the Chinese more than anybody else,” he said. “They’re afraid of reunification.”

The Wall Street Journal

I believe him and as much as I don't want it to be true, I think China is unfortunately preparing for scenario one.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
loolz
NK nukes China and goes to war
US waits till China almost finish NK then... US with India and some other Asian allies goes in to finish tired China

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join