It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret NSA 5 Zettabyte SPY building "Perfect Surveillence State" Near Completion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This new NSA spy station has been photographed from the air by helicopter and it is big. It seems to be our new national security epicenter which is meant to "protect the American people"... just how much will they be protecting us from ourselves is the question. With storage capacities approximated at about 5 zetabytes it would likely have the most advanced computing capabilities and the means to keep and monitor data on EVERY ONE. From the site:

Fellow NSA whistleblower Bill Binney, who worked at the NSA for nearly four decades, says it's about the possibility that the government's stunning new capacity to collect, store and analyze data could be abused.

"It's really a-- turnkey situation, where it could be turned quickly and become a totalitarian state pretty quickly," he said. "The capacities to do that is being set up. Now it's a question of if we get the wrong person in office, or if certain people set up their network internally in government, they could make that happen quickly."

According to NSA's chief compliance officer John Delong, whose job is to make sure the laws and policies designed to protect the privacy of U.S. persons is being enforced, part of the frustration is that the rules are specific and secret.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Follow the link to see the exclusive photos and read the full article.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's Harold's machine from Person of Interest!

Too bad Harold and John are fictional characters and aren't really protecting people.

I just had a thought. What if Harold's machine gave them numbers of people that were threatened by the machine itself? What if the machine itself was endangered?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Doesn't sound very secret to me....

They have had this sort of ability for many years too

Read this to understand the zettabyte: en.wikipedia.org...

As of 2009, the entire World Wide Web was estimated to contain close to 500 exabytes.[8] This is a half zettabyte.

edit on 13-4-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Equivalent Storage in Terabytes

Petabyte = 1,024 TB

Exabyte = 1,048,576 TB

Zettabyte = 1,073,741,824 TB

Yottabyte = 1,099,511,627,776 TB

Average laptops today - 2 Terabytes - mine is 1 TB, and my external HD is 2 Terabytes

edit on 13-4-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That place is going to have one hell of an electric bill always on 24/7 Big Brother gone wild.

Should have listened to Orwell.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The US has turned out to be a hoarder, but the wickedest building in the west can never get what you won't give them.

In about ten years, that zettabyte number will be obsolete. The byte is to data quality what zimbabwe money is to economy these days.

I suppose this is to accommodate all the mandatory black boxes that will be put into vehicles in a matter of time. Plus all those video cameras they'll put into cable and satellite TV.

It's not too perfect because it's all under one area. The current NSA building set, which churns out an electromagnetic ocean of digital transfers in a big spiraling black wave, and is shielded in copper, the most valuable thing in there is the people, so it depends on people what happens to all that data. Well so far it's just an elaborate media house, selling out privacies to other agencies, providing bespoke media and intel to those with the right amount of money.

They just don't understand electromagnetics yet. I mean, the local MRI does it's spinning, and with the right equipment, you could see those scans from outside the building. So put all of USA (and other nations) data under one hard drive roof, it's no small thing on that big blue whale if it gets harpooned just once. They are putting all their eggs under one basket, it's not healthy.

See at the way it's going, we're understanding quantum mechanics and there are labs that are studying teleportation, how to get that into data codes and through photonics crystals. What happens when they can scan a person into data stream, would the NSA have access to that? Then it becomes very personal. I'm not blurring the lines of reality and fiction, I'm looking ahead.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Sounds like I need to apply to the NSA when I graduate. If you can't beat em, join em.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Sounds like I need to apply to the NSA when I graduate. If you can't beat em, join em.

In a serious vein, I did give that a really hard look. They made me a nice offer right after I got my EE masters degree, I spent a few days kicking it around.

A lot of NSA jobs are sort of boring cubicle work. Some are pretty fun.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 33vibe

Looks like skynet has become a reality.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by Hopechest

In a serious vein, I did give that a really hard look. They made me a nice offer right after I got my EE masters degree, I spent a few days kicking it around.

you should have taken it, decent pay, job security...uhmm...you haven't quite said whether you did take the job or not, was that deliberate, or are you just playing around?......on second thought, if a certain member visits "sites" that involve turkey basters, female midgets, and goats, it doesn't mean anything

edit on 14-4-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

all outsourced to other countrys!

i could believe it

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sounds like a huge turnkey data buffering facility for data trunk.
The search and filter resources may not all be turnkey though.

The NSA has the same problem monitoring targets of interest that we have finding pertinent information on ATS.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I was wondering if you were ever going to say which TLA approached you with that VERY interesting proposal. But why in the world would the NSA be involved in "that"? Thought it was a joint Navy/AF outfit...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 33vibe

"It's really a-- turnkey situation, where it could be turned quickly and become a totalitarian state pretty quickly," he said. "The capacities to do that is being set up. Now it's a question of if we get the wrong person in office, or if certain people set up their network internally in government, they could make that happen quickly."

Pretty sure the right person is ALREADY in office to turn this into a disaster for the people, and major step forward for TPTB.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

In an email, Vanee' Vines, a public information officer for the NSA, said that the Utah Data Center will be "a state-of-the-art facility designed to support the Intelligence Community’s efforts to further strengthen and protect the nation.

Thank goodness this huge cost to the nation will allow the government to know who is jobless, homeless and in need of a meal. Too bad they didn't have this in 2001 to stop terrorists.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Pleas some hackers help with this.

can you make a E-mail spammer...WAIT !
to send from one account to a second
that I own Both.

and to change the name and text body a little.
and send it back.

if a lot of people do this, say 50,000.
it will swamp the CIA spys centre.
all with the Key worlds.

I know its not much.
I know its not much but its a start.

and if we each make ten a day.
and use IP hide...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this computer isn't about collecting more information, its about storing information they already collect isn't it?

Echelons been replaced, but that was already collecting a fairly sizable amount of all transmissions around the globe - you'd have to imagine whatever its been replaced with is up to near 100%.

This new facility simply allows them to store everything to be looked up when its needed.

Given that the last system was mainly used to keep tabs on English speaking peoples around the world and engage in economic espionage with our allies around the world I imagine the new system will have great applications in the field of blackmail

edit on 14-4-2013 by MaxSteiner because: silly typo

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

you should have taken it, decent pay, job security...uhmm...you haven't quite said whether you did take the job or not, was that deliberate, or are you just playing around?......on second thought, if a certain member visits "sites" that involve turkey basters, female midgets, and goats, it doesn't mean anything

Naw, what they wanted me to do sounded fun, but I had gotten out of that sort of thing about four years previously when I ETSd from the Army. Had they wanted me for designing fun things domestically, I'd have jumped on it, but they wanted me for field SIGINT intercept, where you get to live somewhere you don't want to for long periods of time, running equipment that will get you in trouble if caught.

Sort of like what I had been doing, only this time largely by yourself and unarmed.

It sounded really interesting.

However, the old lady reminded me I had quit that sort of thing to get married and live a 'normal' life (like that happened) and that her father had sworn to show up and slit my tum if I got back into it, Da' and I had just had a big series of screaming international telephone fights over my summer employment, and frankly, I was finally decompressing and starting to enjoy civilian life. So, I declined, but not before some very entertaining wining and dining.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tajlakz
reply to post by Bedlam

I was wondering if you were ever going to say which TLA approached you with that VERY interesting proposal. But why in the world would the NSA be involved in "that"? Thought it was a joint Navy/AF outfit...

I fit their target demographic perfectly for the job they wanted to fill. They were trying to lure a EE/physics combo grad with delusions of field competency from a school that does a LOT of military jobs. So, they were probing for my soft spots, which include curiosity about that sort of thing.

It worked, frankly, but being married and not bloating in a ditch somewhere after Da' got hold of me was more attractive.

BTW, who says SIGINT has to be...local?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

all outsourced to other countrys!

i could believe it

Well, it COULD be, I suppose, but a lot of it goes to domestic engineering companies such as my own. We have done a bit of work for them from the COTS side. Agency does that too. They have a mandate to contract with US suppliers first, also they have a requirement to give extra weight to veteran owned businesses, and small businesses.

Several times we've been the only provider for what they wanted, so since they had to bid it out to three companies if possible, they second tiered us and got three other guys to bid our boards to them. That seems particularly bizarre to me, since LM or whoever is going to add in more markup, but it's the law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join