It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post about 5 murdered in Arkansas

page: 1

join
share:
rc

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There was a post on here about 5 people murdered in an Haunted House in Arkansas ... I cant find it. I cant find any other info on it either. Does anyone know?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Being in AR. I haven't heard anything about this....nothing on the local news or anything..NOW if it was something that happened awhile ago I may not have heard about it, originally from NY!!

rc

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is what was posted:

5 Murdered in Arkansas Haunted House
Man charged with first degree murder in Bentonville Haunted House Killings

Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2004

By James Ferguson
Benton County Daily Record

BENTONVILLE � Jim Ewaldsen was arrested last night and charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder after he brutally killed five people with a chainsaw and injured two others.

Ewaldsen was working at the Nightmares Haunted House when he apparently brought a chainsaw into a �Texas Chainsaw Massacre� room of a maze. The first victim Troy Candel, 19, was an employee who was acting as Leatherface in the room. Ewaldsen killed Candel with the chainsaw and then proceeded to kill four more people as they came into the room.

Four other employees tackled and subdued Ewaldsen after one of the patrons fled the room when her boyfriend was attacked by the chainsaw. Two of the employees were hurt by the chainsaw while attempting to subdue Ewaldsen. Dan Whitestone got an abrasion to the leg and Thomas Badger had a limb severed. Both were taken to Northwest Medical Center where Badger is currently listed in serious condition.

�This is the most horrendous thing any of us have ever seen� , Benton County Sheriff Keith Lowell told the Daily Record. �This is the kind of slaying you think is only made up in Hollywood.�

The blood spattered scene had the dead bodies of Ben Johansen, 23; David Niven, 25; Julie Burke, 21; and Grace Mcabee, 18. The name of the woman who escaped the scene has not been released.

Even with the grizzly murders that happened Lowell commended the bravery of the young men who were able to wrestle the chainsaw from Ewaldsen. �These young men showed extreme courage and were willing to put their own lives in danger to help others. They are a very brave group of people.�

Ewaldsen has recently been in jail for aggravated assault and DUI charges. He has been employed at the haunted house for the last couple of weeks helping them put it together and working as an �actor�.

Sheriff Lowell also noted that Ewaldsen seemed extremely agitated and could have very well been on drugs. �He was being very uncooperative and had to be forcibly contained. He was screaming and yelling and very violently attempting to attack police officers�

The owner of Nightmares, Bobby Sampier was visibly very distraught over the events and told the Daily Record, �I don't understand what has happened here tonight. Jim was a great employee and seemed to be a good person. I don't know why he would be driven to do something like this.�

Nightmares is currently closed and will most likely remain closed for the rest of the season.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've searched extensively with no results. Are you sure this story was posted on ATS?

rc

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yes! Thats where I got it from... on Nov 2 Yesterday it was here. I searched today and its gone. Weird. It was at the top of the page where all the lastest news is. Some people I know were wanting to find the link bc they have family there....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Do you remember the thread title?

rc

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
it was the headline

5 Murdered in Arkansas Haunted House

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hmm i cant seem to find this either?

What forum was this in?
And did you post on the topic? If so just look in *my ATS* and you should see the thread you relyed to,.

rc

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No I didnt post in it. It was linked to Reuters? I think. But I cant find it now. VERY WEIRD

top topics

join