It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another School. Another Teacher. This time it's Nazi's. I hate nazi's.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Mind you, just about every second person in Canada has a bad opinion about Jewish people lol. So it would be accepted by a great many people here.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Oh hell, we see great examples of stupidity take place on a daily basis in this world.

A stupid teacher wouldn't surprise me one bit.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Basically I feel anything should be put on the table for discussion without someone trying to censor. There is nothing to fear as long as open dialogue is allowed.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's because the Nazi's tried to eradicate them from human history and got the world into a war that saw 50 million people killed

No mention of how the stage was set for WWII from the beginning by the actions of the winning powers at the end of WWI by the Balfour Declaration or the Reparations to be paid by the Germans (final payment made in 2010) or the actions of the Zionists,
or how the set was being staged to create the nation of Israel (1947)
But then you're a jesusfreak...and have a special place in your heart for the Old Testament and Jews

www.veteranstoday.com...

Killing Goyim and Beyond

The arrest of the Rabbis sparked violent protest across Israel. It also raised harsh criticism against the police and state prosecution by right-wing elements. I guess that one may be puzzled by the whole saga and wonder how come the Jewish State, a state that legally discriminates people on racial grounds, a state that institutionally abuses its non-Jewish population, an entity that terrorises and starves the indigenous people of the land and often enough kills them en masse, is so concerned with a few Rabbis who endorse the Halacha interpretations that actually justify such lethal barbarian policies and practices. The answer is pretty interesting. Zionism was initially an attempt to erect a Jewish civil society- a Jewish homeland where Jews could be subject to newly formed Jewish civil law instead of religious law. As much as this idea appealed to some assimilated Jews at the time and a few new Israelis later, Rabbinical Judaism has never approved of the revolutionary innovative move. In fact, Rabbinical Judaism defies the notion of Jewish civil law. For Israeli Rabbis, it is clear beyond doubt that if Israel defines itself as the Jewish state, it better be driven legally and spiritually by Halacha Laws.

Seems like Israel learnt a thing or two about racism and genocide when it comes to dealing with the palestinians and others

Read current affairs or history much with an open eye?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What a moron for a teacher if he wasn't creative enough to find an alternate question to inspire critical thinking.

And yet you start a thread

"The Crucifixion: A Medical Perspective"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

with a a video of the gory details of a crucifixion from a medical perspective...persuasive, passionate, proseletyzing, predictave programming,

The definition of brainwashing lies in the eyes of the beholder

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

@Spiramirabilis,

For the record my troll radar/sense didn't tingle reading your comment, so have no fear on this account.

No, I have no problem with students reading a grim/graphic memoir of a Holocaust survivor. Nor would I have a problem with them reading the memoir of an SS officer, even if he still professed racial hatred/superiority. It would show how such people can think. But to give an assignment where a student is supposed to put him/herself in the mindset of a racist person condemning an ethnic minority that is already officially sanctioned/oppressed by an intolerant government makes no sense to me whatsoever, particularly writing a persuasive letter to a government official in a government whose policy is already virulently against said minority. How does that make for a good persuasive writing exercise? I have yet to hear any of you folks claiming that this was a thoughtful exercise in critical thinking explain this.

All this exercise seems to be is a way to develop ugly thoughts and/or create animosity and a furor. And I strongly doubt this teacher put a lot of thought into this exercise, or if he/she did, it was a lot of perverse thought.

Another thought that comes to mind is that this exercise also stereotypes Germans as Jew haters. So, swell, an exercise that belittles two ethnic groups. Bravo, Teach, bravo.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
I'm sure there are NEVER any stupid assignments at a Private or Religious school, right? We have millions of kids and hundred thousands of teachers. There is no DOCTRINE to have this kind of assignment, you just had one teacher push her students to think in the shoes of people that would be very difficult for them -- if she had assigned them to take the side of the Taliban or Genghis Kahn [sic] - no problem.

We are a bit too touchy on this ONE subject, because one group has bette PR than the Armenians -- some of you don't get that reference and that's totally because of less PR, and hollywood movies on the subject.

Anyway, I just thought I'd drop by and mention the teacher lost her job -- where I'd just give her a warning to ask others if an assignment is Kosher because she may have Aspergers.

This if course, is PROOF POSITIVE of our Communist subversive brainwashing of the mommy state in Public Schools. Go ahead Libertarians and other manly men -- glean through another thousand crazy things that pop up in schools as if they didn't pop up long ago before there was an internet or mass media. You will find what you are looking for one anecdote at a time.

Glad to hear that the teacher lost her (?) job, if this is indeed the case.

As for your specious claim it is because it was on this one subject, I beg to differ. In another post I suggested it would be equally offensive and inappropriate for students to be given an assignment to write a letter from the standpoint of a 19th century American settler, writing to his congressman or president, to eradicate native Americans or to confine them to even worse and smaller reservations.

And you claim this is "PROOF POSITIVE" of "Communist [sic] subversive brainwashing of [sic] the mommy state in Public Schools [sic]"?

Just what is communism exactly? Are you equating it with political correctness? If so, then you really have no idea of what communism is, but use it as a social bugaboo buzz word.

Yes, no doubt there are teachers all over the country having students role play as Taliban, writing letters calling for Sharia law and the subjugation of women. And Ghengis Khan seems a bit too esoteric a historical figure to even be discussed in secondary American education, but I could be wrong here. That all said, I could see it being a very good exercise for an American student to write a letter from the point of view of an Afghan militant defending his/her country against US/Nato aggression, but I don't see that happening.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is crazy that a teacher assigned this in the first place. It is very prejudice. Listen, just because you have an oppinion about something does not give you the right to make other students side with you. This teacher should not be teaching if thats his or her oppinion about jews because they may have jewish students in their classroom. Also it is wrong to discriminate against students. This teacher should be fired for such acts and to the students that didn't participate that was a great thing you did.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
People will get angry with my comment. Most will call me "anti-semetic" or "neo-nazi" but so be it. The motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance", so I hope you all will keep an open mind while reading.

The Jews have been hated throughout history. Kicked out of dozens of countries and constantly persecuted. Why do you think this is? For religious reasons? Even people who don't follow Christianity (and therefore believe Jews killed Jesus) hate Jews.

The reason Jews are hated is because they are the destroyers. The ones who take over Governments and run them into the ground. The enemy that we face today, the enemy we call "International Banksters" or "Global Elite" are actually Jews. Yes, there are some Whites or Asians in the mix, but it's led by Jewry. Usury, the lending of money at interest, is a sin. And it has always been pushed by the Jews. Jesus pointed this out during His time on this Earth; he called them the "Synagogue of Satan" and threatened their system. So they had Him killed.

During WW1, the Jews sold out Germany. They made deals behind closed doors to keep the war going, to get the US involved and to defeat Germany. After this plan succeeded, they split Germany up and sold it to the highest bidder. Germany was broken, "Democracy" was forced down her throat and economic turmoil followed. Jews owned over 50-75% of the stores and shops left running in Germany. They had most of the wealth, while German children starved. At the same time, they began spreading decadence and filth throughout Germany, corrupting the minds of the young. Germans knew who was behind this, and thus elected Hitler so they rid themselves of the scourge.

(volume warning)

^ Doesn't this sound a bit familiar?

Did you know that, during the Third Reich, in every country annexed or invaded, freemason lodges were shut down? Rothschild was forced back into England, and this is why war was waged on Germany without end. Hitler threatened the Jewish Usury scam, to destroy Rothschild's control of the world, and thus the world was SCAMMED into war. Germany didn't want to control the world; Germany was putting an end to the very monster killing us right now, and they couldn't have that!

I'm not asking you to love Hitler or Nazism. I'm asking you to open your minds, and realize the truth. Haven't you wondered why we're bombarded with propaganda about Nazis 24/7? Haven't you asked why we don't hear a word about Stalin or the tens of millions killed by the Bolsheviks/Communists? Why there are constantly new movies about Nazi Germany, or the Holocaust but nothing else? Why our schools brainwash children with it? Why it's illegal to question the Holocaust in Europe and Canada? Or even question Jews? Why "anti-semite" and "nazi thug" are used on anyone who dare question?

Most importantly, why the US and Europe bow to Israel, even as our economies die? Why our politicians pledge loyalty to THEM, and not us!

What they did to Weimar Germany, they're doing to us!! Look at what they're doing to the Palestinians!

"What does Democracy or Authoritarian State mean for those international hyenas? They're not interested in either! They are only interested in one thing: Is anyone willing to let themselves be plundered, yes or no? Is anyone stupid enough to keep quiet in the process, yes or no? And when a Democracy is stupid enough to keep quiet, then it is good! And when an Authoritarian government declares: 'You do not plunder our people any longer, neither from the inside or outside,' then that is bad." -Adolf Hitler

They would destroy us in nuclear war before giving up their power. Open your minds. Please, for the sake of Humanity's future!

edit on 14-4-2013 by Laposz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Gotta say that while this specific subject matter and position are especially distasteful I think it's worthwhile to teach kids critical thinking in this way.

Having to go through the logical steps to argue "Jews are evil" can open the mind to all the propaganda and manipulation that goes on around you.

Not all that different from asking the kids to justify invading Iraq or bombing kids with drones.

I agree.

Kids basically got out of doing a homework assignment about critical thinking and discrimination by accusing their teacher of being a Nazi without actually understanding the assignment.

... And judging by the forum posts, those same students will grow into modern-day Neo Nazi's, listening to Alex Jones and blaming everything on the Jews simply because discrimination got them ahead in life, instead of doing the assignment.
edit on 14-4-2013 by badconduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

And you claim this is "PROOF POSITIVE" of "Communist [sic] subversive brainwashing of [sic] the mommy state in Public Schools [sic]"?

Why so much "[sic]"? Communist is spelt correctly, so is "of", and I guess "public schools" could do without the capitals.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yes yes, good goyims! Never speak out against the Jewish faith or face the repercussions! Every other religion is alright to trash though. It's just a writing assignment. I applaud the teachers for letting students think outside of the box, and see history outside of a singular view.
edit on 14-4-2013 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
To be honest, I would have found this assingment to be rather interesting because it would lead one into the minds of others and would raise alot of questions and things to think about, would have made me do a bit of research and would have made me consider how history isn't as it is always tought, that is, not always so black and white.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I'm glad no tingles on my account - good to meet someone with a sense of humor :-)

You know - this entire subject is problematic - and the reason is obvious

That people react so strongly to it I think is a good thing in most ways - and I understand your point of view - especially when you say:

Another thought that comes to mind is that this exercise also stereotypes Germans as Jew haters. So, swell, an exercise that belittles two ethnic groups. Bravo, Teach, bravo.

I see it differently (obviously). We live in a world where rhetoric often wins the day. The assignment - from what I've been able to figure out from the little bits of info here and there - was to understand how propaganda works. How opinion, emotion - words - can work on any average person and convince them of almost anything. How speech can whittle away and then destroy liberty, putting and entire people at risk

These are high school students - they're young. It's hard for any one of us that's been around long enough to have heard all these arguments before, to have read all the history, watched all the documentaries, read all the books, seen all the movies and plays, visited all the sites or seen all the paintings, read all the poetry...to remember what it was like to not know the full truth about this subject

They haven't lived long enough to fully understand how the world works - how people work - how they themselves work. This assignment preceded reading a first hand account of surviving a Nazi concentration camp. If anything this assignment teaches them not to hate the Germans, but to understand the reality of being German at that time. They can maybe see by participating how easy it is to form a view of our world that will protect us. Protect us from actual harm, protect us from caring about harming others, protect us from guilt. It's a lesson in how fear can mold our thinking

I understand that this is just my view on things - and it's not popular. I can't know what was actually on that teachers mind when he came up with this, but I think it might also demonstrate how arbitrary hate really is - and that having to come up with reasons to hate might show them how those reasons can be a work of fiction

I could be wrong about this teacher - I've been wrong before :-) Maybe he/she is just a complete moron - or a bigot, but I don't think so. It's a very controversial way to teach - but I have to admire it all the same. I don't worry about kids learning to pick up tips or cues - I guarantee you there are kids in that class that won't be forgetting any of this any time soon because they were forced to think about something that could have instead just been handed to them on a sheet of paper and forgotten as soon as they read it

Students might not be worldly - but that doesn't mean they're stupid. I think it's a good thing to allow them to think these things through for themselves, and I don't think shielding them from reality is really teaching. Pretending to be a racist won't make us racist - but it might help us to understand how and why it happens

Anyhow - thanks - for a polite reply and actual discussion. Doesn't happen all that often anymore

:-)

Another P.S. MrInquisitive - if you look up, and then read down - you'll see how this subject has a tendency to bring out the creepy-crawlies.They're all here - they're all around us. This is why teaching kids how to think is so much more important than teaching them what to think - that's why I think that lesson was important
edit on 4/14/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: my crawling skin

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I see how this is a problem. Of course.. Nazis are cliched as bad. But nobody asks, "why?"or why they hated Jews. Maybe this is what he was trying to get answered. Think about this.. when somebody takes up arms.. their reason is to protect. Rather it be a loved one, a certain status, themselves, a reputation, or a random other. Be it they are good or bad, the desire to protect is there.

So what were the Nazi trying to protect?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I remember when I did a report on the genocide and assimlation of Native Americans. I noted some simularities with how Jews and others deemed undesirables were treated by the Nazis and used eye witness testamonies by Native people's on how Native people were treated, slaughtered, etc. My teacher was enraged that I would dare compare it to the holocaust and complained that I was delibrately being far too 'graphic' and he flunked me. He wrote all sorts of 'comments' all over my report about how such and such displeased him. Apparently, he wanted the pretty version, not the reality.

edit on 14-4-2013 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Gotta say that while this specific subject matter and position are especially distasteful I think it's worthwhile to teach kids critical thinking in this way.

Having to go through the logical steps to argue "Jews are evil" can open the mind to all the propaganda and manipulation that goes on around you.

Not all that different from asking the kids to justify invading Iraq or bombing kids with drones.

I couldn't have explained it any better than you did right here. I told my girlfriend about this story and she didn't agree with the assignment. I explained to her that it requires a bit of critical thinking on the students part to imagine what it would've been like to support the propaganda the Nazi's came up with back then and that same critical thinking would enlighten people to the current propaganda that surrounds us daily.

This opposition to assignments like these is just an inflated effort to keep people stupid. The typical American way is to just forget about things instead of analyze it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by beezzer

Yep, a purdee nutty/messed-up and *potentially offensive* writing assignment. Besides the offensive/insensitive aspect of it, the notion of writing a persuasive letter to a Nazi official, decrying Jews, seems about as difficult an assignment and as good an exercise in developing critical thinking and persuasion skills as writing an open letter to the squatters in a crack house or shooting gallery, touting the live-for-today lifestyle and the legalization of all recreational drugs.

In what way do those two ideas seem comparable, exactly?

You don't see how an assignment related to the holocaust being *potentially offensive* is appropriate? Why don't we just not mention race at all when teaching kids about WWII? I mean, we could just say the Nazis killed "people whom they found disagreeable or undesirable." Then we could avoid anyone being potentially offended forever! Oh, except that's extremely offensive to Jewish people.

Is bliss ignorance really preferable to confronting reality? "Never Again" only works if we don't act like spineless overly-P.C. overly-sensative people with no sense of responsibility or common sense.
edit on 14-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

How is writing a letter condemning Jews -- or Roma or Slavs or mentally ill or retarded* (see footnote) or handicapped -- to a NAZI official in anyway going to be a good exercise in persuasive writing? It's preaching to the choir. Good persuasive writing exercises involve writing to a potential reader who is either neutral (at best) or against your POV. Moreover, in the exercise at hand, you are asking students to write a letter with a repugnant thesis. How is role playing a racist a good exercise? Heck, why not instruct kids to write creative-writing stories from the point of view of serial killers?

I have no problems teaching kids how race -- or politics for that matter -- played-out in WWII. I wouldn't be against reasonably worded story problems involving concentration-camp math either -- if they were given in the context of studying the topic at the same time, and had some real learning value. In other words, gratuitous math problems involving Holocaust fun facts are inappropriate, but word problems meant for students to better internalize/understand the level of horror and inhumanity may well serve some function.

I see very little value and a whole lot of repugnance and dis-service in asking students to role play Jew (or other ethnic group)-hating Germans. I really see no educational benefit to this whatsoever -- or anything else remotely positive coming out of it. Furthermore, I see such an exercise as encouraging any nascent skin heads in the class. Similarly, I wouldn't see a writing exercise in which students would pretend to be 19th-century settlers writing a persuasive letter to their Congressman or the President, requesting further eradication of Native Americans or the rounding them up and putting them on reservations. Call me PC if you must.

I find this post of yours -- as well as a few others I have seen -- to often be either über contrarian or out-n-out trollish. Perhaps you are being earnest in your beliefs, but they seem extreme and way-out to me, and I am not of the conservative reactionary ATS tribe.

*nb: using the term that would have been used back then -- no one was using "special needs" in 1939.

All you're doing is pandering to emotions. You don't want to make people uncomfortable. Well guess what? The holocaust should make people #ing uncomfortable, and it's appropriate in doing so. To understand racism, you have to think like a racist. Just because you write a racist paper doesn't mean you're suddenly going to become xenophobic. You're absolutely insane (and just plain wrong) if you honestly believe that. But you're an intelligent person, I know if you think about it you'll agree.

Edit: THE ENTIRE #ING HOLOCAUST WAS BASED ON "A REPUGNANT THESIS." IT'S #ING IRRESPONSIBLE AND INAPPROPRIATE TO IGNORE THAT.
edit on 15-4-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
A smart teacher would have replaced the word "jew" with "Zionist"... then the test would have been spot on.

Zionists are to jews what al-qaeda is to islam.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Laposz

Yeah, you're right; given what you said, people will take you for a racist or religious bigot who hates and fears Jews. And yes, you do a great job of sounding like a neo-Nazi.

And let me get this straight: The Allies prosecuted the war against Nazi Germany primarily because the Nazis were shutting down Masonic Lodges/Temples? Seriously? It didn't have anything to do with waging a violent war of aggression that violated international laws of various sorts, and threatened every country in Europe with losing its sovereignty to an oppressive, tyrannical and murderous regime?

This thread is really bringing out the "interesting" commenters. Some are defending this teacher as having come up with a swell critical thinking exercise that had no inherent bigotry to it, while others other rah-rah'ing the fact that this teacher was teaching the truth about Jews; comments by the latter group help to make my (and others') case against the former group.

edit on 15-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join