It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Another School. Another Teacher. This time it's Nazi's. I hate nazi's.

page: 3
41
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 


I hate Nazis because of what they stood for. Elitism, abusing the masses, brutality, a history of offenses. Persecution of jews, catholics, gypsies, those with physical and mental disabilities.

I hate Nazis because they were an evil ideology upon the earth. A stain on the history of humanity.

I would not friend them on Facebook.

Current Nazis are just as bad. But freedom of speech is for everyone.




posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer
 


That I can understand.
But you did say it solidified...


It did. If I could find a school system that encouraged growth and success, then I might reconsider.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 



The assignment, first reported Friday by the Albany Times Union, asked students to research Nazi propaganda, then assume their teacher was a Nazi government official who had to be convinced of their loyalty. The assignment told students they “must argue that Jews are evil.”



The teacher’s assignment told students they “must argue that Jews are evil, and use solid rationale from government propaganda to convince me of your loyalty to the Third Reich!”


TPM



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by filosophia
 
. But freedom of speech is for everyone.



Freedom of speech is not free for everyone, I only wish it were. In over twelve european countries you are not allowed to discuss a certain historical event, and in Germany a certain book has been banned since ww 2. On ats we have certain limitations of speech, and this school teacher does not have freedom of speech without a media firestorm forcing the school to apologize.

www.timesunion.com...-4458888

School apologized, so you got your wish, the "nazis" were punished, and freedom of speech has been restrained with limits (just like the founders intended
)
edit on 13-4-2013 by filosophia because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 


At the very least, the teacher showed an incredible lack of foresight. At worst, he's an idiot.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 


Freedom of speech comes with responsibilities. If the teacher doesn't want to be responsible, then that's on him.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia
 


Seems like Nannyism to me.
The teacher will probably be fired.
As long as everyone's feelings are protected, right?



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by filosophia
 


Seems like Nannyism to me.
The teacher will probably be fired.
As long as everyone's feelings are protected, right?


If it was a lesson then he should have nothing to worry about. Plus with the union in New York, he won't get fired anyway.

If it was an attempt at indoctrination then he should be drawn and quartered.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's a lesson in critical thinking, which kids really need more of these days. The subject matter might leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it's essentially playing devil's advocate, thus you learn something more than if you were just told things from a book.

If the teacher was telling kids to write an assignment about how Jews are evil and secretly have pointy tails, then I would immediately call that teacher into question. As it stands, I see nothing wrong in what the teacher was doing.

We've got way more problems in public school than this sort of thing. It's a non-issue to me, and distracting from all of the REAL problems.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
It's a lesson in critical thinking, which kids really need more of these days. The subject matter might leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it's essentially playing devil's advocate, thus you learn something more than if you were just told things from a book.

If the teacher was telling kids to write an assignment about how Jews are evil and secretly have pointy tails, then I would immediately call that teacher into question. As it stands, I see nothing wrong in what the teacher was doing.

We've got way more problems in public school than this sort of thing. It's a non-issue to me, and distracting from all of the REAL problems.


Um, the teacher then failed, if it were a lesson in critical thinking.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


That wouldn't be the teacher's fault, then.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet
 


Yeah its funny how the Jewish thing is more sensitive than any other race or group on the planet.

I mean its even becoming acceptable for whites to drop the N-bomb in certain contexts. But tell a Jew joke or call someone one when they are being cheap. Wow. The backlash is intense sometimes.

For example, a kid spraypaints a penis on the side of a building, gets charged with mischief. Spraypaints a swastika(which is just a symbol and means nothing anti-semitic)? Charged with a hate crime. Its out of hand.


That's because the Nazi's tried to eradicate them from human history and got the world into a war that saw 50 million people killed.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


The two aren't really related, other than Nazi Germany were involved (the Holocaust and WWII, I mean). It's understandable that they should be sensitive to the subject, but that means an exercise in critical thinking regarding that subject matter shouldn't be taught in school?
edit on 13-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
It's a lesson in critical thinking, which kids really need more of these days. The subject matter might leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it's essentially playing devil's advocate, thus you learn something more than if you were just told things from a book.

If the teacher was telling kids to write an assignment about how Jews are evil and secretly have pointy tails, then I would immediately call that teacher into question. As it stands, I see nothing wrong in what the teacher was doing.

We've got way more problems in public school than this sort of thing. It's a non-issue to me, and distracting from all of the REAL problems.


What a moron for a teacher if he wasn't creative enough to find an alternate question to inspire critical thinking.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


The two aren't really related, other than Nazi Germany were involved (the Holocaust and WWII, I mean). It's understandable that they should be sensitive to the subject, but that means an exercise in critical thinking regarding that subject matter shouldn't be taught in school?
edit on 13-4-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)


I never said that at all, but you seem to think this question arguing Nazi propaganda that was asked is the only means to teach or inspire critical thinking.
edit on 13-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


The exercise was, an essay on reasons why, from a Nazi German's perspective, the Jews ruined Germany's economy. What would have inevitably happened is, all reasons given would have been wrong and chalked down to Antisemitic conspiracy theories.

Unfortunately, in a world of political correctness, a lesson like that can't be taught. In a few years, public school will literally never teach about the Holocaust or slavery.

Or they will, and just demonize white people and Gentiles.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Well, the teacher's out of a job and children are getting suspended for cutting L's out of paper and pointing chicken fingers at other students, teenage pregnancy is getting out of control, and children aren't learning anything of real value. Yet we're arguing about a lesson in critical thinking.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You know what makes me sick ?

The fact that European Germans were Nazis , but Palestinian people paid the price.

It gets more sickening when I see the so oppressed is the so oppressor today.

Do you know why Htiler was hating jews ?



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet
 


Yeah its funny how the Jewish thing is more sensitive than any other race or group on the planet.

I mean its even becoming acceptable for whites to drop the N-bomb in certain contexts. But tell a Jew joke or call someone one when they are being cheap. Wow. The backlash is intense sometimes.

For example, a kid spraypaints a penis on the side of a building, gets charged with mischief. Spraypaints a swastika(which is just a symbol and means nothing anti-semitic)? Charged with a hate crime. Its out of hand.


This is the thing I get very tired of the so called outrage all the time about this since it makes us think the Jews still are victims now days. You are giving a free pass all the time for Israel and Zionist since to most people Jews equal Israel.

Racial cleansing is a crime against humanity and the systematic killing of semitic people, namely the palestinians, is a war crime. These types of actions were rightfully criticized when nazi germany did them. But the new nazi’s, the nationalist zionist party, like hitler’s nazi’s, feel that they are above the law. And the US goverment is paying money to help them do it and the propaganda machine is in full swing with a new sheeple people who cannot see thru how they are manipulated.

Hypocritical to being so upset with a writing assignment arguing things when you are not even caring that the same crap is going on today with another victim.

Stop helping the bullies and demand justice for all and do not sell your values and your soul for money by following special interest groups who clearly are insane/greedy/racist.



posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 


Well, the teacher's out of a job and children are getting suspended for cutting L's out of paper and pointing chicken fingers at other students, teenage pregnancy is getting out of control, and children aren't learning anything of real value. Yet we're arguing about a lesson in critical thinking.


You need to stop with the straw men. I've never argued against lessons in critical thinking. My argument is the choice of question in which to do so was disgusting. There is nothing wrong with teaching critical thinking, but the teacher should have used a bit more grey-colored cells in thinking of the method with which to do so that didn't involve genocide or antisemitism.



new topics

top topics



 
41
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join