It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excited Newbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I found my way to ATS while doing a search about The Valley Of Death in Russia. I have a feeling I am going to spend hours upon hours here. So many topics, so little time. I have to admit, I am a little intimidated by the posting rules. Oh, the pressure. I instantly felt a few of my perceived IQ points dropping off into the abyss. I will probably do much more reading than posting, so as to not make a complete fool of myself. However, I am happy to have found all of you.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetNancy

Welcome to the tribe!

I make a fool of myself daily. It's all good.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Welcome to the club, enjoy your stay.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Welcome to your new addiction SweetNancy. Here's your Welcome Cookies.....Enjoy...

Des

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Welcome to the funny farm
Enjoy!!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
(sneaks a cookie out of that big pile while no one is looking)

Welcome to ATS! The place can be a little intimidating at first, huh? I sure felt that way when I first arrived too. I'd never seen a site quite like this for tempo and true international scope of membership where it's like the Las Vegas of the Internet. 'The site which never sleeps'. I warn ya though, this place can be addictive! Especially if you get to digging way back into years long past for topics. I've lost hours in there and not even realized the time had passed.

A mod will be by to give the official advice but all I can say is make yourself at home, don't let the rough and tumble nature of ATS's 'peer review' system in the forums get ya down and don't back up if you know you're right....but never back a bad position either.

I look forward to seeing ya in the forums!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it.
This is me on a daily basis

You get used to it

Cody

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Nice little intro !!

Welcome to the ATS family, SweetNancy !

Yep, you can say Bye Bye to sleep once you start digging into a topic of interest...

You should also visit this thread HERE if you wish to suit yourself with an amazing avatar like a lot of ATS members are wearing all around the boards...

But mainly, have fun & enjoy !!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetNancy
So many topics, so little time.

I will probably do much more reading than posting, so as to not make a complete fool of myself.

welcome....is that time reference meaning your personal daily routine limits time on the Forum...OR does it mean TEOTWAWKI

reading & absorbing is good (to a degree)...but i am certain that eventually you will find a topic so out-of-it that you will be vociferous in presenting the real facts and truth of the matter...as you see it

the only other 'Nancy' i've known is also my son's God-Mother...

have a nice time

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Welcome to the family! Here, we are all conspiracy nut jobs

Some of the nicest people I have ever met, are ATSers, hope you find some too.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Glad you joined us.

Enjoy your stay.
-nat

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hello, Please don`t worry about making mistakes.I`ve already been there ,done that, and am continuing to do so! I guess I`ll have to learn how to type. Stupidity seems to be equivalent to the ability of paragraph forming here, of which I am a non-member. Seriously though,The people here are really a decent bunch and Im sure you will enjoy it and them as much as I do. Talley Ho and away we`ll go!!!! Chardonnay

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Welcome from a fellow newbie!! I lurked for a year before signing up so I could post, have fun exploring!!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Hello Nancy, glad to have you aboard the endless train of information!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Welcome and I agree with the IQ point statement. Sometimes I feel like a babbling idiot after mKing a post. I feel safe in making mistakes though (or am getting there with it as no one has kicked me out so far). Its challenging when trying to navigate the level of expertise of members on topics yet I'm pleasantly surprised to find there is an expert on just about everything in here, whose able to take the argument to the next level. I'm getting an education as I go along without a doubt. Welcome and look forward to seeing your posts.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Don't spend hours on here. It will drive you insane and run you into a nutter believing in aliens, chem trails, conspiracies and the like and in the end you find the biggest and only conspiracy was ATS itself.

edit on 13-4-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

hey Nancy! hope you have a great time here at the best forum on the internet! looking forward to reading your posts in the future

top topics

join