It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Dragon : an 80’s vision of the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You are Sergeant Rex Colt: Mark IV Cyber Commando. The year is 2007 and Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war which erupted in the 90s.

This looks like it's going to be amazingly fun, it's a stand alone expansion so you don't have to own FarCry 3 to play. The video is awesomely cheesy!

not bad for 15 bucks.
edit on 13-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I need this.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Okay... This is cool. I thought it was cheesy at first but Wow...... IGN played out the first several minutes of the game itself and combined it into a video review.

Far Cry III Blood Dragon

It's the graphics of Borderlands, the intro rip of Terminator and so far, the first opening action area is rip of Predator in the helicopter deployment scene. Music and all for both Terminator and Predator. lol...... The IGN guys are talking it all up as much as I'm noting it and it's cute.

It's also raw on language and very ......humorous. I can't wait. It just has about nothing to do with Far Cry III aside from the engine, maybe. I'll get it tho! Oh..that 15 minute play is a MUST see and this is a MUST have. You'll be LMAO'ing within the first few scenes.

Oh..and Kyle Reese makes an appearance in the opening too... ROFL... It's really...different.

edit on 13-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Looks pretty cool, I don't understand why they're releasing it under the title of Farcry 3 though, looks like it could/should be a new game.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand. How is this "an 80’s vision of the future" if it's a recently made expansion pack for FC3?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The plot is a parody of an 80 scifi b-flick

what more do you need?

Marketing Genius
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon taps into one of the most powerful forces on Earth: nostalgia.

www.forbes.com...

Blood Dragon’s plot is straightforward enough:

“Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and new paths for peace must be found. A U.S. cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island. A Mark IV Cyber Commando, Sergeant Rex Power Colt has been sent over to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on.”

Again, the name Rex Power Colt is probably the greatest video game name I’ve seen in years.

The actual trailer makes me home sick for Saturday morning cartoons in the 80′s. This is powerful nostalgia, the likes of which we usually only see in a Kickstarter campaign for some new old-school RPG.

edit on 13-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Press (controller button) to demonstrate your ability to read.

lmao

Unique. Might have to give this a go when it comes out

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Oh my... Now this looks f***ing fantastic! Like a cheesy Arny flick but in a game? I'll pay whatever I have

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

The plot is a parody of an 80 scifi b-flick

Yeah that makes more sense. I thought it was something like that. It does look pretty cool actually.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

The reasoning is because they might do a spin-off series of Farcry with this new title.

All in all though the game looks awesome!

-SAP-

top topics

join