It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do Stand On This Topic; How Did We Come To Be? Creationism, Evolution or Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Okay. Lets assume for the sake of argument and a good solid debate; we were created by a super race of alien/extraterrestrial beings from other civilizations. We could be a combination of their DNA and a species that originated from this planet. There are those that believe creationism or evolution were responsible for our existence; drawing lines in the sand over one or the other possibility.

What if we were a combination of all 3 possibilities? We exist because we were created by something. We certainly have evolved; adapting to environment and social circumstances. Our DNA does seem to have some peculiar codes involved that distinguish humans from other species of animals, yet share quite a bit in common.

Here is what I find interesting about the debate over whether we were altered by aliens or not as opposed to being created the way we are by a supreme being or God; who created the aliens?

I feel this debate is useless due to that fact. Does it really matter how or why we exist? Does it really matter if we came to be because of a primordial soup or creationism or alien intervention? Not really. We do exist, we do evolve and a source does exist; not limited to and including any alien race in the entirety of the Universe.

Regardless of why we exist we are all connected to the same source and the planet we live on is part of a vastness we cannot even begin to understand. It does not take a genius to know we are not alone even in our own galaxy, much less the surrounding galaxies. We spend time searching for “verifiable proof” that other civilizations exist, yet many will believe anything they are taught by history and religious books without a shred of verifiable proof.

This planet has been inhabited many times over 4 billion years and structures exist that we have no clue how they got here or what their purposes are or how old they are. We translate ancient text and read symbols and pretend we know what is being articulated, but we don’t have a clue. There are ancient sites that have been buried under sediment and water that we will never find in our lifetime.

Each of these past civilizations ended due to similar circumstances that we will meet our demise from. It does not matter why we exist, only that we learn from our experiences and try to coexist here, now, today.

Stop the rhetoric about where we came from and how we were created and by whom, we are in this world we live in, today, and that is all we can be certain of. Show respect for each other, allow others to be individuals and learn the lessons they need to learn, but be mindful that we are still all connected. It requires a balancing act to navigate the obstacles, individually and collectively.

We will never be able to fully comprehend our existence at this level of existence because of the human element involved and the free will to absorb whatever information we choose to accept, but that does not change the truth. Perception is determined by what we see and hear, but it does not change the truth.

Everyone clearly is entitled to their opinion and this is mine. Feel free to share yours.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Don't over think it, and apply twice daily.

Aliens created us: No
Intelligent Design: No
God: No
Evolution: Yes

How we became? Energy likes energy, and through nothing is something. Atoms create chains, chains become compounds, compounds become increasingly diverse, interactions of diverse compounds create life. Our consciousness is the ultimate quantum expression, but we're limited by our cranial structure and structure of lobes.. it can be better.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
in light of our current predicaments, i think that de-evolution would be the most likely.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I would like to just point out. Evolution is not about the origin of life. Abiogenesis is the study of life on Earth came about. As a rational person I would side with science. I have ponder how aliens could create life on different planets. When I started to read about Bob Lazar online an entry about the gray alien species showed they have had a process in our (human) evolution. Since I have read skeptical reports of Bob Lazar. I'm critical of what content is about him online.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I believe we are alien to this planet, our ancestors were alien. Perhaps we bred with the native species but it's pretty obvious we don't belong here.

We are a disease or a parasite that travels from planet to planet and destroys everything it touches..

Some worry about an alien invasion which is silly because we are the alien invader.

edit on 13-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

It seems to me, from all the available evidence. We as a race, were manufactured, as we would not last long enough as we are, considering we have no natural defenses, no large strong teeth or claws, no thick coats, or scales or feathers, weak muscles, and many many many genetic defects, seen only in a comparible quantity in other species we know were also engineered.

Dogs and humans share one very common and destructive trait, not shared by any of the other millions of species on the planet.

Genetic abnormalities that lead to genetic defescts. Humans have many more than any species on earth, dogs have the second highest amount.

Dogs were engineered by man over tens of thousands of years, so we can assume theses defects are a result of the shaping process, as they were more heavily modified than any other known species.

Man has over 100 times more genetic defects and abnormalities than even dogs.

This to me is scientific proof of or species being "shaped".

Next we move on to how we could even survive long enough to evolve to our current state, minus any of the natural defenses seen in every single species on the planet, except ours.

Our muscles are the weakest per volume of any species I have ever read about, even our closest relatives in the animal kingdom have muscles that are many times stronger per pound than ours, google monkey, chimp, or orangutan, or gorilla strength vs humans.

We have pathetic claws, our body cover via hair, is pathetic in comparison to any other known species of land animal.

Our only protection is superior intellect, which doesn't get one very far without all the trappings that come along with human civilization.

If your dog or cat or even hamster or gold fish get loose, they can live in the wild for a limited time, pretty well depending on how far outside their natural environment they are.

Humans will day in hours or days in just about any habitat on the planet without technology of some type.

I can provide further explanation or links if needed, but am ready to move on to what I believe is the most likely explanation about our origins.

It is my assertion, that we were made by Aliens, not as we are, but as a lesser race, meant for labor. Mase just smart enough to be useful.

I believe all the genetic defect our race suffers is the result of selective breeding, much as the ones in dogs are caused by, but to a much greater extent, as we were more heavily modified, thus we have much more defective dna strains.

I can not believe in some all powerful loving GOD that would make us, give us intellect, yet leave us with so many character flaws, as this is idiocy of the highest order, that any GOD would know better than to create and leave a race with. We would not be left without guidance for thousands of years to rape and pillage our own like we were. No there is no GOD, just tales from an ignorant time, where tech was the same as magic, passed down from antiquity, by those with the genetic defect of unquestioning loyalty our makers would have bred into us so we would be more maliable and subservient.

When they were done with us, or they got the resources they desired they left, or were forced away, or whatever. Leaving us to die, or grow, depending on our ability.

Or maybe it was super breeding, where you inbreed a race for thousands of generations, and keep them separated by fences, until all the genetic material that will cause problems dies off, then you allow them to cross the fence to join with other groups and the dna mixes and results in a vasty superior race than that starting one.

Oceans, rivers, mountains are fences. We were all separated by them for millennia, we are just now able to cross and intermingle the blood, which is where al of the modern advances came from, since the bloodlines are mixing now.

In the future, they will return to check on their work, and see if we are as they wanted, or if another round of inbreeding and then mixing is in order, for us to be capale servants to them again.

Just my take, I can further elaborate on any of the material I stated if it is needed, though I believe this is sufficient to get my view across.

S n F op, very interesting topic for discussion.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It's sensible to select evolution. Why? Because it's a provisional truth supported by multiple, independent lines of corroborating evidence. The thing is, if you choose one of the other options (Intelligent Design, Creationism, other), you have a lot more to explain and many unanswered questions which you can't resolve through observation or experimentation.

Life on the planet is fully understood in light of the single, explanatory power of evolution.

However, I am not ruling out the possibility that an advanced group of extraterrestrials played a part in the diversification of life on the planet. BUT they too, would have had to evolve by natural processes, not by the hand of some innominate, supernatural creator.
edit on 4/12/2013 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Where did the aliens come from, how did they come about.
The premise of aliens leaves as many un answered questions as aliens.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Personally I have never understood why the two camps on this NEED to be two camps in the first place. What parts of Evolution vs. Intelligent Design need to be mutually exclusive?

Whether Intelligent Design for our life on Earth is from God, Aliens or our OWN travel in a long forgotten and ancient past really wouldn't change that part of it.

Then every life form evolves over time. Small ways or large....that varies, but life is always changing, adapting and either overcoming challenges or ceasing to exist because of them. Evolution in action...and neither cancel out the other, IMO.

It's when Religion comes in..and BOTH sides are guilty of digging fighting positions and breaking out the machine guns of symbolism over substance in the debates, in my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Where did the aliens come from, how did they come about.
The premise of aliens leaves as many un answered questions as aliens.

Very good statement, I gave you a star.

Yes, this is where GOD or GODS come into play, as many, have already asked this question, and there is no known answer, save one that I know of.

In all the infinite universe, is not possible, that there is only one place that at one time had the only known exact perfect environment, and life sprang forth?

Thus the first life came about, and no other place in the universe has had, or ever will have these conditions again. So the first race set out to seed the cosmos billions of years past, and we are just now seeing the fruits of their labors.

All I know of this for a fact is one simple thing. We can recreate the old earths environment in a lab, we can recreate and add or subtract heat light of every spectrum, energy etc... yet we can not create life, not even once, despite many billions of dollars and many many years of trying, with the best minds around taking part.

This leads me to believe life is not so easy a thing to come about. Or maybe we are just missing some very important X factor we have yet to discover.

Hell maybe God is real, just in a form we wouldn't expect, for example, he was a race the survived the collapse and regrowth of the last universe, and came back and reseeded life here.

It is impossible to know, as we aren't yet properly equipped for such knowledge.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

How we became? Energy likes energy, and through nothing is something. Atoms create chains, chains become compounds, compounds become increasingly diverse, interactions of diverse compounds create life. Our consciousness is the ultimate quantum expression, but we're limited by our cranial structure and structure of lobes.. it can be better.

i've got an odd view on our creation, i'm not very scientific though, so please bare with me, i completely agree with the quote above, i just feel there is more to it,

i agree that in the beginning something like the big bang did happen, this created a world that could sustain life on earth, but what/who put this in motion, something that was so perfect could never have just been a coincidencce? if us human being have evolved from pretty much nothing and still turned out as amazing as we are then this only confirms my belief in God even more, i honestly believe that God created us as souls meant to live forever in a beautiful perfect world that he created for us as described in genesis 1, we didn't need anything, God could see that all of his creations were good so he rested as his job was complete,

but somewhere along the lines our souls were trapped inside bodies of flesh in genesis 2 (adam and eve?), and we became living souls now capable of feeling pain, our bodies needed nurishment, we felt the need to cover our naked bodies, but how did adam and eve come to realise that they were naked when they'd supposedly never known anything else, is it because they were free souls previously, afterall you can't notice something is wrong if you've never had reason to before, also, part of eves punishment for eating the forbidden fruit was that women would suffer increased labour pains, but again, how would eve, who is supposed to be the first woman created, know that the pain has increased if she'd never given birth before?

In genesis 2:3 God rests, but straight after this the Lord God appears in gen 2:4, immediately i started to question why our Creator seemed to be going by a different name, not only that, but feel of the Lords attitude seems to change, there seemed to be something very sinister about the Lord God,

i've pretty much come to the conclusion that the Lord God is satan throughout the bible, he also seems to go by other names such as the Lord God of Israel and Lord of hosts.

Isaiah chapter 48 seemed to confirm my concerns were correct, its our one true God speaking with Isaiah about how people had been fooled into believing a lie,

Isaiah 48 (NKJV) Israel Refined for God’s Glory
48 “Hear this, O house of Jacob, Who are called by the name of Israel, And have come forth from the wellsprings of Judah; Who swear by the name of the Lord, And make mention of the God of Israel, But not in truth or in righteousness;
2 For they call themselves after the holy city, And lean on the God of Israel; The Lord of hosts is His name:
3 “I have declared the former things from the beginning; They went forth from My mouth, and I caused them to hear it. Suddenly I did them, and they came to pass.
4 Because I knew that you were obstinate, And your neck was an iron sinew, And your brow bronze,
5 Even from the beginning I have declared it to you; Before it came to pass I proclaimed it to you, Lest you should say, ‘My idol has done them, And my carved image and my molded image Have commanded them.’

i could be worthwhile reading the rest of chaper 48 but i don't want to post too much,

these are just my opinions but in my heart i feel them to be true,

thank you

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
How is the question anything but "when did the first cell evolve?"

I mean, honestly. Magical sky fairy/universal consciousness, natural processes, or aliens, really??

How are we still asking this question. Look at your hands, look at a monkeys hands. Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Personally I have never understood why the two camps on this NEED to be two camps in the first place. What parts of Evolution vs. Intelligent Design need to be mutually exclusive?

Whether Intelligent Design for our life on Earth is from God, Aliens or our OWN travel in a long forgotten and ancient past really wouldn't change that part of it.

Then every life form evolves over time. Small ways or large....that varies, but life is always changing, adapting and either overcoming challenges or ceasing to exist because of them. Evolution in action...and neither cancel out the other, IMO.

It's when Religion comes in..and BOTH sides are guilty of digging fighting positions and breaking out the machine guns of symbolism over substance in the debates, in my humble opinion.

Here is what I find interesting about the debate over whether we were altered by aliens or not as opposed to being created the way we are by a supreme being or God; who created the aliens?

I think you made my point the best.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

But where did atoms come from?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree

But where did atoms come from?

It is all proven through math, not even hard math, but simple math.

0+0=0

Where 0 is the beginning state of the universe, all matter is simply borrowed from the quantum foam, until it all collapses back in on itself, finishing the equation as it started.

0+ 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 - 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 + 247,365,243- 247,365,243 = 0

So as once the entire universe was nothing, and all was cold and black, so it will return one day, and the equation will balance out.

When all of space time collapses, no matter how much was done, or how much time it took is irrelevant, the equation will be 0 still, so nothing really happened or even matters in the end.

Disappointing isn't it?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

And where did math come from....these are all concepts you were taught. Obviously you missed the overall point. Read my dissertation one more time.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

No, I answered it already. you then asked qustion that can only be answered with math, which is currently the only language man posesses to describe such things.

I answered the question where the atoms came from, as far as we know at present.

Math wasn't invented, just like gravity or electromagnetism, it was discovered, and in fact quite elequently explains the workings of the universe in a way no abstract and cumbersome spoken language can.

Math is the way all things interact, it is pure expression of thought. Without all the unnecessary filler material that language is loaded down with.

If I had to put it into words, I would say it is the language of the gods, or the architects of infinity, or however you would describe so sublime a form of expression.
edit on 13-4-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: retirednature

Where did energy evolve from?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: inverslyproportional

No, I answered it already. you then asked qustion that can only be answered with math, which is currently the only language man posesses to describe such things.

I answered the question where the atoms came from, as far as we know at present.

Math wasn't invented, just like gravity or electromagnetism, it was discovered, and in fact quite elequently explains the workings of the universe in a way no abstract and cumbersome spoken language can.

Math is the way all things interact, it is pure expression of thought. Without all the unnecessary filler material that language is loaded down with.

If I had to put it into words, I would say it is the language of the gods, or the architects of infinity, or however you would describe so sublime a form of expression.

Every single word you wrote was invented by man to try and offer proof of the existence of unexplained phenomenon. The premise of the OP was to offer a complete breakdown of what we are arguing about when it comes to evolution and creationism being the basis for all. There can not be evolution without creation, and there can not be creation without evolution. Classic Yin/Yang principle.

Do not try to tell me that math was not invented. It evolved. Do not try to tell me words were not invented to explain things. They evolved after being created. Every single idea posed to mankind by mankind was created and has evolved.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The answer to this is simple. Man evolved naturally just like everything else on this planet. There is no evidence of genetic tampering in our DNA code. And not to mention, there is no evidence of alien visitation to even do this.

Keep this in mind, if aliens exist (which I'm sure they do, the universe is too large for them not to exist), they most certainly evolved along the same rules of evolution as we did. This means that their dna (or whatever self-replicating material comprises their genetic structure) would be almost completely different than our dna. It may not even be dna. It may be tna or qna. It may be something else entirely. Evolution, the further back you go, has the propensity of making everything look COMPLETELY different if you alter a few things. In this case we are talking about lifeforms that evolved completely separately from us.

In all possibility it would take these aliens many lifetimes of studying humans and other life on this planet before they'd even be able to understand DNA well enough to read it and work with it, let alone tamper with it.

top topics

join