It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes to psychiatry's 'bible' could widen definition of ADHD

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Ok, first I'd like to say I was diagnosed (properly, mind you) with A.D.D. I lack the hyperactivity symptom, but can not focus to save my life on a single thing. I constantly have organization problems (while not on my medication), focusing problems, and well as constantly do stupid # that I know is wrong, illogical, and just not something I would do in my right mind. That being said, I have to say my medication helps me immensley, and has really made me a better person. I do not have a drug problem, addiction isnt an issue, I dont take my meds every day, only when I need them.

I do completely understand, and disaprove, of the overdiagnosing of ADD/ADHD, and agree that is it sickening to drug up the young population simply to fill the already overfilled pockets of BIG PHARMA. But there are some children, like my nephew, who truely benifit from these medications and is closely watched by his Doctor, his parents, and myself (who has a great deal of knowledge in pharmacuticals, as a hobby).

So my point is, ADD/ADHD is not a made up problem, but it is certainly wrongfully diagnosed and this change of the definition could cause for a larger problem in the long run. D.E.A. needs to leave the dispensaries in Cali alone and focus on the doctors who are in the pockets of Big Pharma, that constantly misdiagnose people (especially children and the elderly), while they sign their Prescription for Ritalin with a pen with the manufacturor of Ritalins logo emblazzened on the side.....

<< 1   >>

join