It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any other last minute US tax filers out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I always wait until the last minute and always tell myself I won't do that the next year but I always do. Why? Because no matter what we do, we always owe.

Long story short.. hubby retired from the military in 2010 and is 80% VA disabled. For some reason ever since we owe taxes. I even have an extra $100 taken out of MY check each payday...$2600 a year.

VA disability is not taxable. His retirement has taxes taken out. He claims single 0. I claim married 1. We have one child.

I have had them professionally prepared since he has retired. I have tried multiple services.

I just did my taxes online and I still owe.

I am so frustrated...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Filing on time is just asking to be audited. Always ask for an extension, get an LLC and skate around the system.

Do what the elite do and incorporate. It's the American way!!!
edit on 12-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

That's aweful, I don't see how you can owe. I even got money back this year, or will. I just filed last night. For me, I had extra taken out all year and was expecting a big chunk, but my wife surprised me for yet another year by cashing out her retirement without telling me, or having enough federal taxes witheld... oh well, still got a refund...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

oh do tell more...what is an llc how do you get one and how will it benefit me??

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I always just claim "0" with no dependants... That way the Government gets everything they could possible take upfront and come Tax time I've always had good returns. I don't bother paying HR block or anything like I just do it online and its super easy with that Tax set up. I know not everybody makes enough to pay the full taxes upfront like they have no dependants/children but I enjoy the security of not ever having to worry about a Surprise Audit or Tax Bill.

As for the Last Minute Filing, I file the same week every year... This Week

But that's only because I lag at everything and my Birthday is the day before the cut off Date

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by olaru12

oh do tell more...what is an llc how do you get one and how will it benefit me??

Limited Liability corporation....

Become a business, write almost everything of your taxes and shelter your assets.smallbusiness.chron.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
word on the street is that the irs is being dismantled and will return all mail postmarked after the 14th / april.

don't know if it's true or not, but it's a good reason for filing for an extension.

new topics

top topics

join