It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the United States give North Korea Nukes,,,

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
According to this report The CIA and Donald Rumsfelt, Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld presided over a $200 million dollar contract to deliver equipment and services to build two light water reactor stations in North Korea in January 2000 when he was an executive director of ABB (Asea Brown Boveri).

Just putting this out there for ATS members to dissect.
As usual nothing is quite what it seems.

Full Story

However, while bellicose threats are being carelessly traded by both sides and eagerly regurgitated by the mainstream media, the question of how exactly North Korea acquired its nuclear capability in the first place has been completely ignored. Both the Clinton and Bush administrations played a key role in helping the late Kim Jong-Il develop North Korea’s nuclear prowess from the mid 1990′s onwards. Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld presided over a $200 million dollar contract to deliver equipment and services to build two light water reactor stations in North Korea in January 2000 when he was an executive director of ABB (Asea Brown Boveri). Wolfram Eberhardt, a spokesman for ABB confirmed that Rumsfeld was at nearly all the board meetings during his involvement with the company. Rumsfeld was merely picking up the baton from the Clinton administration, who in 1994 agreed to replace North Korea’s domestically built nuclear reactors with light water nuclear reactors. Clinton policy wonks claimed that light water reactors couldn’t be used to make bombs. Not so according to Henry Sokolski, head of the Non-proliferation Policy Education Center in Washington, who stated, “LWRs could be used to produce dozens of bombs’ worth of weapons-grade plutonium in both North Korea and Iran. This is true of all LWRs — a depressing fact U.S. policymakers have managed to block out.”

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Probably right. It seems that the USA government screws up a lot. We always are having to get rid of things we create. We have an extremely bad track record with that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just hate when these stories come from random websites as sources.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

I was following a tweet... Don't shoot the messenger! The report is true as far as i can make out, but whatever,
i just shared it for everyone to read, and follow up if they want to.

What is a random website anyway?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I have to agree, while the story is possible, it would be nice to have a better source then a random site. If that was all that was needed then I could show how the whole NK affair is nothing more then the UK trying to regain control over it's lost colonies (US, India, Aussie-land, and many other countries)

Cool story if true, it could show a weak-link in the IC, but I'd like a little more to start to think that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

edit on 12-4-2013 by neo96 because: nvm

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If they have them and they did come from us somehow or the other it was part of a larger much larger plan.
Just maybe there are future planners of what our future should look like. Say they have and look at it as their Bible (George Owell's 1984) Maybe they want the World split in thirds.
okk we have done what we wished for so long that it has to end with a blast or am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that their nuke program was enabled by A.Q. Khan, Not that I have any doubt that Cheney was involved in facilitating it, I mean, he is quite the all around scumbag. But Khan is probably the sole source of most of the world's nuke programs, known or otherwise.

In a recent interview Khan thought that the current N.K. stuff was a bunch of theater. (I'll try to find the link) i tend to agree though, If they were going to do something, it would have happened by now.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
ABB (Asea Brown Boveri) is based out of Switzerland.
Now for a photo from Switzerland.

That is Kim Jong-chul the middle child of Kim Jung-il when he was going to school in Switzerland at The International School in Bern (IBS) and he is wearing Chicago Bulls jersey with Dennis Rodman’s number on it.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Having been interested in the the military capabilities of all the world's powerful nations for some time, and having the hobby of running mathematical simulations to determine combat probabilities for possibly upcoming fights, I have done a fair share of looking into NK's military. It is my opinion that it is fairly obvious that NK received nuclear capabilities from Iran. Now I cannot say that Iran actually gave NK nuclear weapons, but they at the very least showed them how to build one correctly. This was likely a tradeoff between the two nations. I will elaborate...

Iran knows that it cannot test nuclear weapons within its own borders, because the UN would be all over them, and something worse than sanctions could ensure. So to solve their dilemma it seems as if they have struck a deal with NK to do their testing there, but in exchange for what? Nuclear technology is the most likely answer in my opinion. I would be willing to bet that the Pentagon knows this as well. The reactors you are referring to are quite different from nuclear weapons capabilities, and were strictly for non-military projects. There is no way NK weaponized anything based on those reactors. They do not even have any nuclear powered submarines, as they are all diesel-electric, so we know that they most likely did not build their own nuclear weapon without help.

The more interesting question in my view is how Iran developed or acquired nuclear weapons technology. I'm pretty sure I know, but I cannot say that it is fact by any means. After all that has happened recently, there is still only a small chance that NK is actually going to attempt to launch a nuclear strike. And as I have reiterated in at least a dozen threads thus far, NK does not possess the military hardware or technologies to even deliver a nuclear missile to any of their enemies aside from SK and outlying US islands. And even if they could pull that off, these missiles will certainly be brought down before they can do any damage. This is because the missiles that NK has, which are quite a few different types, do not have the capability or range to strike beyond about 1000 miles. And their prior tests show that they are not even ready to attack, as they cannot be certain their missiles will even function at this point.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Have a feeling that the original Nuclear power plants in North Korea were probably built by American Machine and Foundry AMF under the Atoms For Peace program. en.wikipedia.org... They built the ones in Pakistan and Iran. Magnox type nuclear plant a UK design which was released for free with the Atoms For Peace program.en.wikipedia.org... In 1995 South Korea ,Japan and the US offered to build light water reactors if North Korea would give up the Magnox reactors and all its spent fuel. en.wikipedia.org...

It sounded so great and peaceful the way Time Magazine wrote it.

www.time.com...

Corporations: Diversified Success
Friday, May 19, 1961

In the empty expanses of Islamabad, the new capital that Pakistan plans to erect in the cool foothills of the Himalayas, the first buildings scheduled to go up are a cluster of airy structures designed by famed US. Architect Edward Stone. Set in a cloistered water garden, the biggest of Stone's buildings will house Pakistan's first nuclear reactor-one of the latest sales made by New York's booming American Machine & Foundry Co Fifteen years ago, AMF was a with only a handful of products (cigarette baking and stitching machines) and annual sales of about $12,000,000. Today with 42... Read more: www.time.com...

edit on 12-4-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Educational and an eye-opening thread.
Thanks for all the links.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Seriously ATS... The US Gov. has their dirty hands everywhere. This shouldn't surprise any of you!
They were the ones who provided Saddam with chemical weapons.. Yes the same ones we said he had that warranted his death and countless innocent civilians and US soldiers to die a horrible death. They knew he had them because they were holding the receipt!

They funded Iran's nuclear program! Yes Iran! Via Russia... it's old news actually!
www.youtube.com...

I mean Hitler was being funded straight out of New York! Google "Prescott Bush Trading with the Enemy Act"

Play both sides. You can't lose!

In fact I'd bet my 2nd amendment rights that Kim Jr. is CIA.

Just like Saddam, Osama, Khadafi, the boogeyman, etc etc....

The whole world is a stage!

Govern= To Control

Ment (latin/mente)= The Mind

Government = Mind Control

Popcorn anyone?........

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Well it isn't like you're going to hear it from CNN.

And I don't believe for one second, that our gov. ever just screws up. I mean does anyone really think Rumsfeld, or any of these asinine twerps are ever saying, whoops ! Blew that one ?
Not me.

Reawakened

Popcorn anyone?........

Ya ! Pass some over here please ?
edit on 12-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If this is true, why would US do such things knowing North Korea as one of the country that opposed US?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This makes the threats even more hurtfull imho.

We go over there to help and they turn the help we gave into a weapon to threaten us with???

The sooner we kick nk teeth in the better I say,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Even if we did give them light nuclear reactors, to replace their domestically produced ones, it was probably not so they could make nuclear weapons. There is a giant leap between reactors for power, and nuclear weapons. They were told not to refine uranium to weapons grade.

I give North Korea about 3-5 minutes after they attack, and then lights out for them.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

war is a money maker so i wouldnt be surprised

also keeps populations down a bit (WWIII) WOULD ANYWAY

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Even if we did give them light nuclear reactors, to replace their domestically produced ones, it was probably not so they could make nuclear weapons. There is a giant leap between reactors for power, and nuclear weapons. They were told not to refine uranium to weapons grade.

I give North Korea about 3-5 minutes after they attack, and then lights out for them.

Very good point mate, its one thing to run a nuclear reactor and another to get at any weapons grade material out of it. There is nothing wrong per se with the US providing power generation to a country like NK. It also gives us an idea of their power system, capacity, infrastructure etc. This is tech that could easily have been provided by Russia or China, so nothing overtly secret or offensive about that.

The real story is were did any spent fuel rods go, and what happened to the resultant waste and more importantly any weapon grade material that was collected.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by current93

Originally posted by tamusan

Very good point mate, its one thing to run a nuclear reactor and another to get at any weapons grade material out of it. There is nothing wrong per se with the US providing power generation to a country like NK. It also gives us an idea of their power system, capacity, infrastructure etc. This is tech that could easily have been provided by Russia or China, so nothing overtly secret or offensive about that.

The real story is were did any spent fuel rods go, and what happened to the resultant waste and more importantly any weapon grade material that was collected.

Isn't it like giving selling rifles to the Apaches in times gone by,or at least like giving fire water to the natives.
You just know that they are going to drink it and start trouble with you.

Very very naive at best if true, frankly no one is that naive.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join