It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Carries Out Artillery Drills Near N.Korean Border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
What i think will come out of this: Nkorea will carry out there missle launch=China will probably pull out of the defence treaty
Nkorea will engage Skorea/USA or allies=China will pull out of defence treaty
Nkorea will abstain from any launches = Nkorea govt will lose credibility implode and/or experience a coup=checkmate
China will play a key roll securing,unifying and freeing the Korea's
I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end of the oppressive Nkorean regime.
edit on 12-4-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I dunno, seems kinda odd the participant would be constantly threatening his masters but hey those Illuminati are wacky ducks.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I'm pretty sure I never once aluded to China taking in the NoKo refugees, but yeah, I concur.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

China is more open than people think? Well maybe in some cases but over all the current and past Chinese regime is not one to look up to so I think a lot of peoples first assumptions are probably in the ball park.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I tend to think that China's stance was somewhat uncertain until today. The U.S. has publicly announced that they intend to take Japan to task for currency devaluation to push Japanese exports. This strikes me as a deal to win Chinese support. I mean at the rate the U.S. is printing money how can they discuss currency devaluation with a straight face? And China stands to lose out if Japan is able to substantially devalue and then increase exports. Those profits would be coming right of China's pocket.

So, my opinion is Russia secured by halting the European defense shield and China secured by halting Japanese export competition.

As long as the big boys are on the same side this should turn out alright.

Nerve wracking nonetheless though and I really don't understand the people just dismissing it as no biggie.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I don't think China would ever waste time backing NoKo.

China signals North Korea to stop throwing the 'world into chaos'

In a sign of China’s exasperation with its rogue ally, North Korea, newly installed Chinese President Xi Jinping on Sunday condemned nations that throw the “world into chaos.”

Without mentioning North Korea by name, Xi told delegates at an international forum in Boao, southern Hainan province: “No one should be allowed to throw a region and even the whole world into chaos for selfish gains.’’

Do you really think China would put its self at risk of war with the west for NoKo? China only appears to be preparing to stop NoKo refugees from entering China and with China's track record of crimes against humanity one can only wonder how they'll deal with those seeking to cross the boarder.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

Good point. Scary point. But I hope NoKo just sees this as another reason to not bite, just be all bark because if they attack (or are blamed for an attack) then they're all dead. They're all suffering and dieing as it is, well from whats reported, cannibalism and all, so maybe as a nation they would welcome death? Suicide by cop so to speak? But if not, and they want to live, well, they all know an attack on their part would be disastrous to them.

Hopefully this is all just a dog and pony show, the new guy trying to make an impression I suppose.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

That's interesting, the 2 leaders have never met but I guess that just goes to show this new guy really doesn't mean squat to anyone, not even his own, only, ally. Are we supposed to believe this lil fat man who didn't even grow up in NoKo is really running the show? I'm sure the Chinese President is familiar with someone in NoKo and isn't interested in the noob.

But I disagree because NoKo is very dependant on China and will listen when they call.

The China-North Korea Relationship

China is North Korea's most important ally, biggest trading partner, and main source of food, arms, and fuel. China has helped sustain what is now Kim Jong-un's regime, and has historically opposed harsh international economic sanctions in the hope of avoiding regime collapse and an uncontrolled influx of refugees across its eight hundred-mile border with North Korea. But after Pyongyang's third nuclear test in February 2013, experts say that China's patience with its ally may be wearing thin. This latest nuclear test, following one in 2006 and another in May 2009, has complicated North Korea's relationship with Beijing, which has played a central role in the Six Party Talks, the multilateral framework aimed at denuclearizing North Korea.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I wouldn't call China open, not at all, it is still an extremely suppressive and oppressive regime. It would be much like North Korea (and it was not so long ago, in respect to freedoms). But China has changed a lot it has started in part to duplicate and master the type of soft social control that exists for instance in the US and much with reliance in know how and technology from the West, this has permitted China to be more open than it was but also has exacerbated the level of state and civil corruption.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I think that North Korea could collapse easily without China's support, but that is not in China's interest. The simplest solution would be the absorption of North Korea into China but that would be against the aspirations of South Korea and would lead in time to a continuation of tensions in the peninsula.

What we will probably see is the military taking over. Becoming a real satellite state of China, like East Germany was to the Soviets may be in the cards but China is strange in that regard it could have replicated most of what the Soviets did and been able to take over most of Asia from Vietnam, Cambodia etc even India (at a high cost) many of these nations still exist because China never really needed to expand or ever saw its borders pressured by more powerful neighbors and keeping its house in order is already extremely complicated...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
China is doing 2 things, one is to remind NK that it is there and a force to be reconed with. It is watching, and waiting. China also is looking at history, in the event that NK does through the first punch, it will probably give the same warning that it gave to the US the first time there was conflict on the Korean peninsula. The only thing we can hope is that NK backs down and the US will listen to the warning.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Without a doubt NoKo would collapse without its relationship with China but I don't think it's in China's interest to see NoKo become unstable, even though the entire country is already unstable. China doesn't want any NoKo refugees and would rather NoKo stay afloat.

China's got 99 problems but NoKo ain't one... yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Swills

I hear ya, you could be right but even if so, China's influence would be more than enough to stop any real aggression from NoKo. So either way you look at it, China should be able to stop any action via talks. If NoKo actually attempts an act of aggression I can't help but think China allowed it to happen.

Agreed. North Korea has made it plain that it will not play a subservient role to China. The NK mob are very much like an annoying younger brother who deliberately makes trouble, in the knowledge that his big brother will probably be forced to fight for his honor. China is in a difficult position with regards to NK in that the country plays a vital role as a buffer against what most Chinese analysts perceive as an attempt on the part of the United States to isolate them and limit their influence in the Asia Pacific region. So regardless of China's exasperation with NK's current antics, they have to make a decision as to whether to risk total alienation with an admittedly unpredictable regime, or to walk the tightrope of potential conflict.

I am minded that both the Chinese and the North Koreans have been playing war games for centuries. One of their greatest military figures, Sun Tsu, advocated the use of deception and misdirection - to strike where your enemy does not expect you to be. Given that not long before his death, the dear leader Kim Jongil paid no fewer than four visits to China in a year, I'd be interested to know the nature of his discussions with them. Given that that Comrade Chubby Jong un was presented as the heir apparent at around the same time, I cannot help but think that China may well have been enlisted in a plan of support for the new regime to be, after Jong il's death. One that is being implemented right now by the generals and by the puppet masters (Jong il's brother) behind Chubby.

If any missiles fly, I'd want to check whether they have Chinese fingerprints on them, and I'd be interested to check for Chinese input into the NK recently launched satellite. Remember the tunnels being delved in NK for the last sixty years. Remember that China has also been digging massive underground railway lines as well in the last few years. How easy would it be to transport a missile or twenty, ones with greater range than those we think the NKoreans actually possess? While we're focussing on the two missiles that have been re-located to the east coast of NK, there could be dozens of others being quietly prepared to deal a definitive blow, if things turn pear-shaped. Ones with considerably greater range than Hawaii or Guam.

This is a conspiracy site, so I offer the above conjecture in the spirit of examining all options. This is a nasty situation, one where the sanctions being applied to NK have only a short to medium term chance of working. In a "military first" state such as NK, as soon as the sanctions are lifted, money and resources flow straight back to the military, enabling further buildup. This whole situation, is I fear, just the preliminary round.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I hear ya, you could be right but even if so, China's influence would be more than enough to stop any real aggression from NoKo. So either way you look at it, China should be able to stop any action via talks. If NoKo actually attempts an act of aggression I can't help but think China allowed it to happen.

What a ...

The provocation is coming from the US military, not North Korea ... even a retard, with an american top IQ of 80, should be able to understand that.

How would you react, if China performed military exercizes in the philipines ... or, maybe you should be reminded of Cuba ... and how their paranoia reactions to such things are. North Korea, isn't the only nation in the world to react out of paranoi, when seeing such show of power at it's border. The show of power, is a threat, and even Kim Il Jung, having about an equivalent IQ as Georg Bush of the US, knows that. And that's saying some.

China is doing many things, but what it most likely will do ... is it will beat the US in invading North Korea ... US stragedy will not pay off here. China's stragedy is to get rid of the US/Allies out of Asia as soon as possible. So, China plays the role of anti-korea, and will "take" North Korea, if need be ...

The US policy is just stupidity, a policy of a bully who has no clear motives or goals in it. Media is full of propaganda, that has the only purpose of turning things around. In reality, the aggression being played by US troops in the north Korean sea, and on it's borders, is painfully tactical provocation out of this world. The mass media propaganda, is only to put the minds of Americans to sleep ... who hardly can figure out how read anyway, let alone read between the lines.

If Kim Il Jung was smart, which he isn't ... he'd actually go about and nuke you. Why? what a nice way to fubar you ... the first reason. The second reason, is that China, now being in the role of being a western ally would be the one taking over North Korea. And the US being ousted out of Asia, would be one step closer.

The biggest loser on this playing field, is the US ... the only thing the US is doing is fitting itself on the same shelf as Nazi Germany and Feudal Japan. And the only thing the US will gain, on the long run ... is a big fat boot in the butt out of Asia. And that's what's being planned ... even Kim Il Jung knows, and he's not even in the loop.

edit on 13/4/2013 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"just the preliminary round. "
First sensible thing ive run across......theres a lot too much speculation flying around.....
In the end ,reality will kick in to reveal whos flung dung
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...............!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Meanwhile, observers in Dand ong watched North Korean paratroopers in a parachute jump exercise from helicopters in Sinuiju for about two hours on Wednesday morning, Japan's Kyodo News reported. According to Kyodo, at least 50 North Korean soldiers jumped from the helicopters.

As many as 50 soldiers jumped from helicopters. Wait a minute, the North Koreans have operating helicopters?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

I kinda agree with just about everything you wrote except for the part where you're basically calling me a retard and that the US military is pressuring NoKo because for now it's the sanctions placed upon NoKo that has the lil fat man screaming for nuclear war.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

That's exactly what I thought when I read that

I also just found out recently, thanks to ATS, that NoKo has subs. They're and rusty, but underwater none the less!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
China CAN'T invade and RETURN to continue the CURRENT conflict. The war didn't end,the Norks didn't surrender.If China violates the UN sanctions by attacking AGAIN in a declared war zone,we will attack them. That would abrogate ANY debts to the chinese from the US by our own laws as their assets would be seized,a loan IS an asset.
I believe they are simply turning up the heat on the Norks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join