It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denial Makes the World go Around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What do you think of the idea that it is not lve, money or power that makes thw world go around but denial.

How many times have you heard the following;

Don't worry, it will all be okay.
Tomorrow is another day.
The future is bright.
It's fine, honestly.
Nothing to worry about.

I'm not just talking about government, but what we say to our loved ones and to ourselves.

Is curiosity mental self harm? Is is better to be ignorant and in denial?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

Denial is good.
But also fear of death/after life.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onami
What do you think of the idea that it is not lve, money or power that makes thw world go around but denial.

Tomorrow is another day.
The future is bright.
It's fine, honestly.
Nothing to worry about.

I'm not just talking about government, but what we say to our loved ones and to ourselves.

Denial....It's not just a river in Egypt lol. None of the above statements really exist so they wouldn't make me feel better. How does anyone know whats fine, bright or okay for me. It sounds like a mask to put over the real experience to inhibit me from dealing with it correctly. The question for me is how many masks of denial can an individual wear before they become a routine

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
wtf wrong thread heh...
edit on 12-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Love makes the world go round.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well, TBH, some of the happiest people I know are in complete denial. They just don't look too deeply into anything or anyone.

And, for the most part, they seem to float through life pretty unscathed.

Fear is the mind killer. Knowledge is power. Denial helps you keep one foot in front of the other through grind and tyranny of the other two.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I saw a program on TV about plane crashes.

Since then I'm very squeamish to fly.

There's now a counter workshop where they put all those crashes into perspective, teach you the basics of flying and after that the "aeroplanephobia" is supposedly gone.

However one lady wasn't convinced, because crashes do happen.

Now who is in denial?
The people who get on the plane, or the people who demand to stay on the ground?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
Denial is good.

Yes it isn't.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Denial does not create anything but more pain. But accepting and distributing love and compassion is what makes the world go around.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Denial does not make the world go around. Hope and Compassion makes the world go around. The Compassion ensures the survival, and the Hope keeps the motivation even at the toughest times.
edit on 13-4-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

What do you find this to be:

Knowledge is the power to conquer fear?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I saw a program on TV about plane crashes.

It's fine, honestly.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6
Denial does not create anything but more pain.

But do they know?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Tomorrow is another day.
The future is bright.
It's fine, honestly.
Nothing to worry about.

I've wondered this a few times.

I do believe that even if we had no chance we'd still be confident. This is indeed probably one of our key traits that has kept us alive. We don't die easy because of our faith in ourselves.

When I look at people around me, it's the ones that get absorbed in their work that seem to do the best. They also tend to be the type I think that thrive in a social environment.

What gets me mad is when somebody equates existentialist thinking with depression. To me, this is the most absurd thing ever. It's like a gay living in the closet saying the world is like a closet. For me, questioning existence is something I've always done. Why? Because it's like the ultimate mystery. Even after we discover the rest of the universe and explain its processes we will still have to wonder at existence. There must be a limit to our ability to gain knowledge about this universe, its origins and its fate. Thus, there's an element to all this that will always remain lingering in the unknown. I do not believe we can know all things. I believe that existence will always be something to question.

And then there're those who believe that existence is something to experience, not ponder.

For all we know, we could be living in hell right now. Conversely, we could be living in the best of all worlds. Nobody really knows for sure. There're optimists and pessimists. The overriding rule seems to be that most people are bittersweet. They drift between the two, leaning towards optimism.

The thing that bothers me is that if somebody has stumbled on a profound and disturbing truth that has sent them to a place of misery, do we automatically assert that this is depression? Obviously, if somebody is in a hole and can't seem to get out of it, they're in a mental quagmire. It seems to be the rule that if somebody cannot see their life and this world in a optimistic way then they must be mentally disordered. Does this mean that all suicides in history were caused by people who were mentally disordered? Could we simply pop them a pill or send them to the psychiatrist and fix it? And what're we really fixing anyway? The structure(s) of the processes in the brain? Are we not playing God and determining what thoughts are deemed genuine and which are illegitimate?

Aren't we saying as evidenced by our actions that there's NO way to view this life in a pessimistic way? If one does, by chance, view this life pessimistically then they must be mentally broken? In my view, this is dictatorship of thought. Why don't they just say that pessimism is de-evolution?

Aren't we breeding optimism and weeding out pessimism? By doing this, aren't we making optimism the majority? Majority always rules? Are the minorities now disordered and broken?
edit on 13-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chisisiCoptos
Love makes the world go round.

You may be on to something. I said that these two traits seem to follow success:
1) Being absorbed in your work
2) Thriving in a social environment

But I think this is also important:
1) Having kids

Family gives us a goal. It forces us to be consistent. It obligates us.

There're many people who might not have survived without their child to support.

I've also read that when woman have children it can reduce certain types of cancers. Somehow this is related to the reproduction system. I guess if you don't use it you harm it or something.

This is not surprising. For millions and billions of years reproduction was a way of life. When a person does not reproduce, they're acting in opposition to a central life process.
edit on 13-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

They may not know at the moment but it will come again. Denial is only a wall to block the flood temporarily but someday that flood will seep and break through it. Overcoming the waters is what truly denying any opposition is, a wall may seem safe and secure. But floating above it, allows the individual to know it has overcame it. He or She knows what to do when the next flood occurs. That inner strength to overcome that obstacle will be taught as well.

Instead of using the denial an individual brings on another. Tell them that this or that may happen, even though it will be full of chaos. Remind them that you are being a love in the chaos. And that being of love will ripple compassion and order to those affected by the flood.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Then you know what their definition of okay is.

It's fine, honestly.
and
Nothing to worry about.

The question is what exactly are they talking about at the moment? Insight: sometimes people mean such things because you need to balance out together with those people. To get to know them. One can live together with people without getting to know them, what they are about. I had this with the family I was raised in. We only became distant to eachother. Now that's it, think about it that people can say such things because their came such distance between eachother. So in fact it is not okay, and what brings you closer may be nothing to worry about, and that honestly the way to eachother will go fine

My sincere apologies/wishes to you too.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

You have given me a lot to think about, especially regarding children.

I am not as able to indulge in denial as I used to be. I see the dangers and problems brought about by having children. I really don't think anyone could truly be at peace if they have little people in their lives to worry about. Hope is the evil involved in having children, as well as denial.

I hope they can get into a good school.
My children are too nice to be bullied.
I will always have a job/gov to support them.
It will be better when they are older, people will be better.
Of course their will be enough resources for them.

It's denial as far as I can see regarding faith in the future.

new topics

top topics

join