It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Durbin, Obama linked to defunct Chicago nonprofit under investigation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... There's that nasty Chicagoland connection again.. Let's see how this story gets spun into the oblivion by the elite spinmasters..

Democratic Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin urged a Senate subcommittee chairman to appropriate $1 million in federal funds for a Chicago nonprofit that is now under investigation for potential fraud, according to documents obtained by The Daily Caller.

Durbin’s relationship with Chicago’s embattled Save-A-Life Foundation began in the mid-1990s and continued for at least several years, with Durbin even being listed as a member of the foundation’s “Advisory Council,” according to documents obtained by TheDC.

President Barack Obama also had a relationship with Save-A-Life during his tenure as an Illinois state senator and U.S. senator, meeting with the organization’s founder and earning praise from the Foundation as a legislator who was “always supportive” of its publicly-funded efforts.

Probably more to do with Durbin than Obama at the moment. No one can find any of Obama's records as a state senator.

The controversial non-profit is reportedly under investigation for misappropriating potential millions of dollars in taxpayer money by the Illinois Attorney General’s Charitable Trusts Bureau. A Bureau representative declined to comment to The Daily Caller, citing a policy of not commenting on ongoing investigations.

The Save-A-Life Foundation, which received nearly $9 million in federal and Illinois state funding to teach schoolchildren CPR and the Heimlich maneuver, dissolved in 2009 but is still under investigation amid claims that it misrepresented the number of children it provided services to and of “money unaccounted for.”

“We can’t really find anywhere that there were a lot of kids that were trained. There may have been some kids, but not the claims that were made in the thousands or tens of thousands. It doesn’t seem to exist,” Illinois state senator Tim Bivins said last month,

Founded on lies surrounding the death of a daughter....

Illinois resident Carol Spizzirri founded the Save-A-Life Foundation in 1993 to teach emergency life-saving procedures to students after her own daughter Christina died in what Spizzirri she claimed was a hit-and-run car crash, reportedly due to the first responders’ inability to provide first aid.

It was later reported, however, that Spizzirri’s daughter died at a hospital, rather than at the scene of the crash, as Spizzirri claimed, and that she did not die in a hit-and-run but rather in a single-car crash that resulted after she drove with an illegal blood alcohol level. Spizzirri’s claim to be a registered nurse was also disputed, as no records exist to support her claim. Spizzirri now lives in southern California.

Records reveal that Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin’s relationship with Spizzirri’s nonprofit, beginning during his time as a U.S. congressman, was a major factor in the group’s ability to gain taxpayer funding.

Durbin wrote a letter to then-chairman of Senate Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services and Education Sen. Arlen Specter, dated March 31, 1999, requesting that $1 million in federal funding be provided to the Save-A-Life Foundation.

The founder lied about her own credentials and even worse used the death of her own daughter to further propagate the fraud....

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
There's that nasty Chicagoland connection again.

Why am I not surprised. It's not just Democrats. It's not just Republicans. It's Chicagoland.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Probably more to do with Durbin than Obama at the moment.

OK, inquiring minds want to know, What's the purpose of this thread then?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
ILLinois run by the Mob ????

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I have to agree with this statement.

If we are "investigating" any connections to the non-profit, I would think Durbin's connection might be one that needs the scrutiny. Advisory council doesn't mean swindler per say, although I put ALL politicians in the swindler category......

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

S&F OP. Nice find...Chicago cesspool politics at work again...and Obama evolved from the corrupt primordial slime. You're right, the liberal media will ignore this with due diligence.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That's just sad how she spun her own daughter's death. I don't see what Obama has to do with this, but there's plenty of other factual reasons to dislike Obama.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by May2nd5050
ILLinois run by the Mob ????

Aye, 'ztrue laddie.
And I'd trade everything but six months off the end to be legally
out of this picnic basket overflowing with pit vipers--
with a set of wheels to carry a few tools along as well.
Not sure if there could be enough tank treads in any previous lives, that I
could possibly have clooged up with infant guts to deserve this kind of h-arrest karma.
Briefly, "Help! I'm surrounded by undead impossibly evil rednecks with FINANCING!"
On the other hand if this post keeps going east I'll end up in Gary, and REALLY screwed.
Time to go make my last small batch of goatmeal raisins for the week. Never Quit.
"NOW what aer ye prepared to do?" Sean "Malone" Connery, "The Untouchables"gurgle

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I may be able to feebly respond to that. If a frame of reference is noticed--
where these guys are calling some other individual or group nefarious, lawless
or otherwise dangerous somehow-- that's this far off the charts, whoever they're
sticking in jail should be in comparison their armed guards. Minimum.
I feel blessed and backhandedly vindicated to be regularly characterized as
some dreg by the system here; it proves I must be doing a lot of things right.
For conflict of interest, fraud or the rest of the white collar stuff, Intrepid: it may
be nothing like (and justa diversion) for what's happening off camera...

Take Two, and a necessary edit. Too many ellipses and no beef.
There was a time quite some years back when Dick Durbin really DID get it done,
and fought for the people hard. I remember those days, and thought a lot more of
him than at present. Then somebody evidently took him around the barn for a talk,
and the whole dynamic changed.
We all have a price, and a cost... whatever his previous advocacy cost those who
helped him acquire the office, it seemed the balance was offset to the point he could
have been threatened for stirring the wrong pots. The various, superficially unknown
modes of advocacy came to an abrupt end: and he also seemed to fall into line.
The rest is irrelevant, except he doesn't much work for the people of IL anymore.
The last connection probably isn't any more nickel and dime than BHO/Resko,
with the somewhat unimportant distinction that Dick's a Senator and Tony wasn't.
edit on 14-4-2013 by derfreebie because: necessary non-gag reel

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

S+F for the thread.

But quite frankly obama could conduct a live presidential speech from the oval office on every TV network and use a rusty saw to decapitate live puppies and before he was even finished there would be democrat sycophants making excuses and justifying it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

No different to people labeling Obama a traitor purely because he passes fecal matter, or any other natural process for that matter.

Soon they'll want him impeached because his surname is Hussein..... hey wait a sec

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

wow that was quick

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

5 minutes between posts isn't quick..

and it didn't prove your point, the idea was to prove the opposite, that infact people will use absolutely anything to impeach the man... starting with his middle name, hussein!

if he decapitated puppies on live TV, the yes.. impeach the man.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Really? Is this still ATS? Inquiring minds want to know. Durbin is a deeply connected Chicago Politician and so is Obama. During the time of Obama's known connection to this fraud of a charity he was a fledgling state senator looking to make a name for himself. Oddly, his state senate records have been lost.... Odd huh?

Let the digging continue....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dig Dig Dig

If you add up SALF's required annual accounting to the Illinois Attorney General (AG)'s Charitable Trust Bureau throughout its lifetime (1993-2009) for government grant monies it received, the total is $7,856,869. Grant monies SALF got from private entities pale in significance and are reported under another headine.

But when you ask the four Illinois State granting agencies -- including $25,000 from the Attorney General's office during a previous administration, the state agency tasked to monitor Illinois charities -- and one federal agency, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC/HHS), how much they gave to SALF and add up the numbers, the total is $8,710,578.

In the old math, that was a discrepancy of $853,709, or about a 10% reporting error. That's if it is a reporting error, and not evidence of something more...well, more nefarious. But then, the corruption of public monies in Illinois is practically unheard of -- as rare as, say, road repairs on I-294 between Chicago and Indiana.

www.americanthinker.com...

As a US Senator...

“Save A Life Foundation (SALF) President and Founder Carol Spizzirri recently spoke with U.S. Senator Barack Obama and Illinois Congresswoman Melissa Bean regarding SALF’s future lifesaving efforts,” according to a Feb. 27, 2006, SALF news release that featured a photograph of then-Sen. Obama.

“While in the Illinois legislature together,Obama and current Illinois Senate President Emil Jones were always supportive of SALF’s efforts to train Illinois schoolchildren in life-sustaining skills for free. … Spizzirri says she looks forward to implementing SALF’s future goals with both U.S. Senator Obama and Congresswoman Bean on a national level,” according to the SALF news release.

See the copy of the letter here...
Read more: dailycaller.com...

Another important point to consider regarding the Chicagloland Connections

Barack Obama started serving as chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, an education grant program, in 1995, the same year he was elected to the Illinois state Senate. As chairman, Obama oversaw the disbursement of $49.2 million in Annenberg grants, most of which went to non-profit groups with the stated intent of improving Chicago’s public schools.

cnsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ok I know because of rightwing dis-info-babes
The president, black panthers, and Chicago gangsters
are all one, but how is this related to the Obama?

I thought he was a commie Muslim?
Lots of those, right?
Let's look one up.. I'll wait..
Can a gangster hell bent on capital gain, be a commie?
So many inconsistencies ... Just admit... people like Breitbart
are just plain ol'.......never mind ....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Really? Is this still ATS? Inquiring minds want to know. Durbin is a deeply connected Chicago Politician and so is Obama. During the time of Obama's known connection to this fraud of a charity he was a fledgling state senator looking to make a name for himself. Oddly, his state senate records have been lost.... Odd huh?

Let the digging continue....

Cool. Gotcha. Innuendo and speculation. Thanks for the reply. As to this being ATS, you're right. Let's not let a little thing like facts get in the way of a good slamming.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

edit on 15-4-2013 by intrepid because: Wow. Haven't had a double post in a long time.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Sometimes you have to do a little speculating before you hit gold. Obama's missing State Senate records would be helpful right about now. As would the details of his reign at the top of the Chicago Annenburg Challenge. Which is long gone... Wonder why? Oops! did I just speculate again?

Keep it real Intrepid!!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Keep it real Intrepid!!

That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to do. Personally I find logic and fact much more appealing than speculation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join