It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise elections you might not have noticed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
With all of the clamor of the presidential race, gay marriage, etc., there are TWO very amazing elections that took place....

KATHERINE HARRIS - This is the woman blamed for the mess in 2000 in the FL elections. It might surprise some to know that she was elected to Congress. It might further surprise most to know that she was re-elected!!! (If only that driver had better aim...:@@

MARION BERRY - Yes, the same one caught snorting coc aine has been elected to the city council of DC!!! Amazing, a convicted felon isn't allowed to vote, but no problem getting into office!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well, hey.. at least with Berry in D.C., Bush 'll have someone to do coke with when he's in town.... whenever he's not off on vacation that is...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think the biggest surprise is the Louisiana Senate Race. Louisiana has a run-off, if no candidate gets over 50%. Republican David Vitter gets 51%! 1st Republican Senator from Louisiana since reconstruction!

Least surprising...Bush wins! Did anyone ever think Kerry would win?

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Carseller4]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The biggest shocker to me is Sen Daschle's (D-SD) possible loss to Thune...

Not that I wouldn't be happy to see him go, I figured he already had that one in the bag.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Betty Castor has conceded the senate seat to Mel Martinez in Florida.

[edit on 11-3-2004 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

join