It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditating to meditation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So, I'm kind of in a 'threadcreating-spree' today.

Meditating to meditation.

I mean, what one does to reach what one is.
One meditates to go over into 'meditation'.

Or is it when one goes over from contemplating to meditating, or can one only contemplate when able to..

Jees..

I say, meditate your way to meditation. (The latter is the sense of being; life)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ok

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

according to 'your' post I know I sound reasonable. May guidance lead you the way! Welcome back.. ..

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Good thread but the subject is a vast territory and meditation can mean a whole range of things for different people depending on their backgrounds. If you want to discover more there is Sri Chinmoy who has conceived it in 3 simple stages 1. concentration 2. meditation 3. contemplation. Meditation can be used as a generic term as well as a specific term. Hence:

Meditation (generic as heading)
1. concentration 2. meditation (specific) 3. contemplation (classified according to coverage/extent)

The above typifies most of the meditation paths and it aims to get deeper, wider and more meaningful experiences culminating in a breakthrough (= enlightenment or liberation). You can conceive of it in terms of ever widening or expanding circles in the sphere of consciousness- contact with the Divine, etc.

but there is one that is truer and less subject to delusions and illusions - to begin, you could read up "Meditations" - a select compilation of Jiddu Krishnamurti's writings on the subject.

The above characterize two entirely different approaches ... moving in opposite directions, in fact.

edit on 9-5-2013 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rextiberius
reply to post by Angle

but there is one that is truer and less subject to delusions and illusions - to begin, you could read up "Meditations" - a select compilation of Jiddu Krishnamurti's writings on the subject.

edit on 9-5-2013 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

Oh, really, that can be interesting.

Thx Rextiberius.

Jiddu has a lot of books, can you point out to me which one you mean, cause I wasn't able to find it. Thx.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

The book Meditations is a compilation of quotes, discourses drawn from an array of works and do not constitute a course or methodology for meditation. Krishnamurti is opposed to using a method or technique as they will paradoxically defeat the very wish/aim etc to meditate. The book is intended to give one insights and reflections on what meditation really is. The book is a classic and once you start you will never want to stop poring over the contents - so beautiful, original, insightful are the revelations.

you can download the book here - you may need to sign up using Facebook or open a Scridd account:
www.scribd.com...

Or, you can read it at this link - part by part, and you can also download each part. After reading each part, click the arrow on the top left or ride to move to the next part:
www.jkrishnamurti.org...

You can read other works for free or download at:
www.jiddu-krishnamurti.net...

edit on 10-5-2013 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
awesome, this is a good contribution. Very usefull. Thx a lot!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Zenmind is a big part of it. If its hard to be zen, mindless, which you can still do even if you pray and envision what you wish for, first, you can still go zen if you're a certain type of person. But for higher energy, racing thoughts, I really suggest zen as in trying to become one with your activities, to flow, and to touch water alot, ie shower/bath/dishes. Dishes really help! Lake, streams, creek, etc.

And ask questions, report for duty.

And do the dream time. Ie. strive to remember before you open your eyes, your dreams and even write them down, striving to become lucid.

Also going deep, in self hypnosis, is very meditational.

My friend suggested a meditation, he calls it the 3 points of light. And in this you picture the highest frequency, real light frequency, beyond what we can see, the Love and Goodness, its not about whether its light or what it is, but that it is the energy of Love and Goodness, as high a frequency as you can envision, and beyond that amount, flowing through you and healing and flooding your third eye, your heart chakra and your CHI, 3 points of light, and healing your entire body. It should be as if Higher Self and Divine Creator contact, and thankfulness, gratitude. But do this zenmind, no thought.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm not trying to go off topic here, for dreams are a part of our journey and they should be when we travel freely to learn, and see something.

For example, my youngest son who is often in difficulties with his brothers, and we keep working on his giving. Well he was given by his Guide quite a dream one night recently. And I don't believe in coincidences. He got to be our cat, for a lifetime, even finally being run over, which we are concerned about. He who forces that cat to be with him at times, discovered how wonderful it is to roll in the grass and lay outside, in nature, how much the cat dislikes being picked up, how purring is a bit like our burping, in our throats. He said he disliked using the kitty litter and cat food taste tastes terrible.

But there is a huge network of satellites and towers even, that I believe they're using to program dreams, hijack them, and control us night and day. And dreams are very linked to our awareness and consciousness and even meditational growth.

I had 2 with Obama, being taken to the white house, even flying in a jet, having his aids around, that really upset me. One with Bush trying to tell my son he must obey him, and then just recently, having a checkup done by the Queen of Winsor, who was this gentle doctor but in the end, she said something along the lines that gratitude or prayers, don't remember, to god or to her, for it was basically the same. So I woke up quite upset thinking she thinks she is god does she? That could be a cover dream for something else, like a medical exam by greys....but inception comes to mind, and programming.

Dreams are very much linked to growth in meditation. And to me meditation is touching base with Soul/Consciousness and Family, healing and gaining insights, which dreams can also give us. Hand in hand.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I had 2 with Obama, being taken to the white house, even flying in a jet, having his aids around, that really upset me. One with Bush trying to tell my son he must obey him, and then just recently, having a checkup done by the Queen of Winsor, who was this gentle doctor but in the end, she said something along the lines that gratitude or prayers, don't remember, to god or to her, for it was basically the same. So I woke up quite upset thinking she thinks she is god does she? That could be a cover dream for something else, like a medical exam by greys....but inception comes to mind, and programming.

Another side of this, for anyone whom may have had the same experiences, is above showing you more of what said persons thought processes are.

When I wonder, I will stand next to said person and see what it is like through their eyes/thoughts.

Many requests are granted that are made by self, even if unaware of the request.
edit on 10-5-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

that part about Zen applied in everyday does not differ much from what Krishnamurti teaches is spot on. As for the dream bit - aha... the waking state and the dream state are both FALSE. We are constantly shifting from one to the other without knowing that both are false.

But The "one" who observes both states as false is apart from both states ... but to observe like this - without censoring, criticism, commenting, judging.... requires constant vigilance and attention. Any excursion into the so-called subtle fields of consciousness (astral, etc) belong to these two false states and therefore not worth the trouble and bother. When unremitting, one's pure observation culminates and reaches a peak, there will be an explosion and one WAKES up. This AWAKENED state is what is called the Bodhi or Buddhic state. This state is not an attainment, it is your TRUE nature ... It is utter clarity (full of light or enlightened state) and one at last [re]learns and arrives at [re]knowing who one really is or rather through learning WHO ONE IS NOT.

All those altered states described endlessly in the spiritual literature - no matter how beautiful, spiritual, elevated, glorious - are NOT real. They are more like romantic fancies and many get caught in these EXPERIENCES without realizing that they are traps on the path. Experiences are the DENIALS of Reality. Reality cannot be experienced because it is NOT an object, so you can quickly tell whether a 'seeker' is really on the path or not by just asking what ( = object) s/he is seeking, aiming at, or in short, trying or wanting to experience.

edit on Maypm13 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rextiberius

Some people are trained in dreams, and are shown various things that push them further along a good path, such as my sons. My friend who was literally taken to various bases at night time, would become lucid tied to a chair, break out with the group and rescue the hostages in underground bases. He would be jumping from one landing to another and seemed to have interesting guides.

While I do agree with deprogramming, and touching your own soulstone, for the answers, there are some that some of us have safeguarded all our lives, we have always known what was right, and remember not needing the washroom facilities, where thoughts are connected, where your innermost thoughts are shared, equality and love.

I believe we don't want to become linked or magnetized by yearnings to any false paradigm that may be presented in both literature, ufology, religions, our dreams, but instead should close our eyes and say: There is No Place Like Home!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Could you explain further on the idea of many requests being sent by people.

What I believe is happening is, in our dreams, we have a chance to touch base with our family. Alot depends on awareness, deprogramming and especially our frequency of love. For true Family uses the Love phone, and otherwise you can be under a bullies thumb. So we are strengthened and can train very much more in our sleeping hours, and sometimes we're given pixie dust, vacation and trips back home.

They are hijacking with technology (and for some they may even step into your dreams astrally), our dreams to hold us, trying to create a net around the earth.

One thing one can do when dreaming and suddenly aware this is a dream is picture a huge trampoline, and hold Love and Equality and Home in your heart, and Jump!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Some people are trained in dreams, and are shown various things that push them further along a good path, such as my sons. My friend who was literally taken to various bases at night time, would become lucid tied to a chair, break out with the group and rescue the hostages in underground bases. He would be jumping from one landing to another and seemed to have interesting guides.
edit on Mayam13 11 20 by Rextiberius because: (no reason given)

my response:

There are many ways of going home - it doesn't really matter which one you take ultimately; it could be the highway, the footpath in the forest, taking a gondola ride, taking a plane, a taxi, bicycle, plain walking, running, jogging, hot air balloon...

and it doesn't matter what vehicle you use either - bullock cart, car, motorbike...

and it doesn't matter how expensive, big, perfect and beautiful the vehicle either ... mercedes, rolls royce, electric car, 4-wheel drive, mini van, Porsche, Lotus, vintage car, broken-down car (old banger!), sedan...

and it doesn't matter what make, brand, country of origin also - Volkswagen, Toyota, Proton, Ford, Bentley, Ariel, Citroen, Peugeot...

So, you can see that the list is really endless... Indeed, in the literature it has been written:

"Traditionally the are 84,000 Dharma Doors - 84,000 ways to get Enlightened... certainly the Buddha taught a large number of practices that lead to Enlightenment..."

"Because Sakyamuni Buddha taught in a very personal manner, it is said that he gave 84,000 messages during his lifetime. The number 84,000 is probably arbitrary. However, it is meant to convey the idea that the Buddha exhausted all the possible ways for humanity to reach enlightenment. The number of paths is an expression of the universality of the Buddha-Dharma."

Within the 84,000 paths, one path is most suited to you. This is the expression of the personal aspect of the Buddha-Dharma. In other words, these 84,000 paths will allow everyone to become a Buddha. Taken together, the 84,000 paths are what has is known as the Dharma; the Truth to which a Buddha becomes Enlightened. The Dharma is the content and source of the Buddha’s Enlightenment. It is the great repository of wisdom that allows the Buddha to help all sentient beings reach the same state of Enlightenment. The Dharma is said to be a storehouse."

There is something for everyone as each person has uniqueness and if you look at a tree, you will notice that no two leaves are alike. Each person has to realize his/her unique potential (personality). The very nature of Nature is diversity, apparently infinite. Nature tends towards diversity, always. Hence, when there is any attempt to control, indoctrinate, it goes the opposite way, which is politics and not religion or spirituality!

So if dreams work for you, by all means explore that territory because it is right for you. Someone else may find that crystals work better and that's fine too.

Once there was this butcher who got enlightenment by following just a simple formula given to him by the Buddha. He was asked to be keenly aware every time he delivered a chop to the meat with his cleaver. One day, just as he was paying attention to the chopping action, the "explosion" happened. Sounds incredible doesn't it?

Perhaps, the secret lies not so much in what method, what formula, what technique, etc... but rather the single-minded passion or intensity accompanying the action!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Truly loved that answer. Reminds me of this, ET_MAN kept linking to me:

Kung Fu Panda Tigress-I did it my way

My own way is quite simple:

1. My focus is very boring to most people and it gets repeated day after day, as I don't think anything else matters, and really don't want to magnetize anything else. But, Love. And always noticing any shortcomings, disagreements with family, ineffective parenting, anything flawed and bad in me. I am far more concerned with my failings than anyone else, and always trying to ride the bike again, and pour out heart to Team I have experienced all my life watching over, and Guidance I receive. We have a wonderful Family watching over and I want to be with my loved ones, and want everyone, every soul/spirit/entity, even the ones in the rocks and clouds, all of them, home and safe, even the shadow side. Home, everyone healed, Love.

Thats it, there is no place like home.

2. Personal experience. Meditating and seeking for the grace and ability to overcome, and reporting for duty to help others.

3. Working out all the ways I would help, envisioning a world around me that is wonderful with eco farms for all, and children safe to grow up and explore their talents and ways to help and contribute, a wonderful upgraded planet.

I'm aware that there are magnetic groups that we could end up taking a side trip back home, but also with every single contact experience I've had, any galaxy I've seen practically, always get this really happy, there you are, kind of feeling, and am aware that my soul knows just about everyone here and wants everyone safe and home.

My oldest son has started teaching the younger ones to meditate, he doesn't like most methods, but told them they were to Know Themselves. To picture, and bring into the present moment, good moments in the past, a moment when they were successful, effective, skilled, something that stands out for them, to bring it in now. So both zen and focus, to unlock soul ablities in the now. Positive thought is important.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

you wrote:
They are hijacking with technology (and for some they may even step into your dreams astrally), our dreams to hold us, trying to create a net around the earth.

One thing one can do when dreaming and suddenly aware this is a dream is picture a huge trampoline, and hold Love and Equality and Home in your heart, and Jump!

my response:
In the waking state, you will find that it was just a sleep time experience - no matter how frightening or exciting. But then the waking state is itself another false experience although different from the sleep state. In deep state, both states disappear... but the awareness is there, intact.

When you are truly aware in a dream state, etc, there can be no thought present, so it is impossible to have a thought or any other thought like "Love and Equality and Home..." as they are mutually exclusive. Moreover, in a truly aware state, you will know that you are omnipresent - and so there is no place where you are not. So where is one going to jump to? Obviously, you are identifying with the body.

In a truly aware state, one realizes one is not the body but the invisible, subtle, universal consciousness/spirit that surrounds the body (+ all manifested phenomena), interpenetrating it. A simple analogy. One realizes (when truly aware obtains) that one is the ocean and not the tiny fish swimming in it. Nothing changes, yet everything is now different because the perspective has completely reversed.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

We are living spirit beings, a portion of our infinite diamond souls. We think. Everything IS thought in reality. We are more than 1000X superman, and that is just our little sliver. When our sliver connects to the Greater Us, and Family by Love we are truly able to connect to Infinite abilities.

Holding thought brings it in and its my mission to bring in the good. In a reclusive way apparently so far, though I keep envisioning the eco farms and land trusts for the homeless, and the ministry children we're dealing with.
When you start to wake up, you are directed from within.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
www.himalayaninstitute.org...

Before you begin your daily meditation, befriend your mind and connect with your inner teacher through the process of earnest introspection.

Befriend your mind, and Know Thyself.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Another thought: Be the Love that You Are! Don't see the illusions around you but surround yourself with abundance and love, gratitude and help others be positive thinkers as well, help all you can. Be the Love that You Are!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join