It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Sickened By Anti-Constitutional Note From Son’s School

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bioshock

“I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure.”

A father was shocked to find a note in his 4th grader son’s bag that indicated his teachers had instructed children at the school to accept that they should be willing to give up some Constitutional rights in order to be more safe.

Aaron Harvey from Florida found a note scrawled in Crayon in his son’s back pack that read “I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure.”

Source

I don't understand how this has a place in public education? A teacher actually sat down and had students write “I am willing to give up some of my constitutional rights in order to be safer or more secure.”? Where does this stop? And why do we as Americans allow it?

This "teacher" should be fired immediately. You're there to educate students, not push your screwed up liberal agenda.

It is precisely because of incidents like this that more and more parents are turning to home schooling. Indeed, constitutional expert and former Congressman Ron Paul recently announced the launch of his own home schooling program that promises to center heavily around The Constitution and how it “has been hijacked.”

I think Ron Paul has a great idea and home schooling really needs to become more mainstream. And to be honest, with the internet so readily available, there's absolutely no reason why education shouldn't start moving in that direction.

it isn't a "liberal agenda".
it is a corporate agenda. corporate run prisons, corporate run foods (monsanto), corporate run insurance and the list goes on.
the problem is bigger than republican and democrat. bigger than conservative and liberal. bigger than secular and religious.

bottom line it has to do with money, power and control.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
If I found that in my kids backpacks I would be at that school demanding to know why my child was told to write something like that and demanding for that teacher to be fired as well as getting a complete curriculum for what is taught in class. That is unbelievable.

parents should not wait until there is a problem.
parents should be involved with their children's education from the begining. hopefully this incident will push the idle parents out there to step in and find out exactly what is being taught in their local schools.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If I was to entrust kids to any school these days,
there would have to be live-cam with audio in
every class !
If the parents REALLY knew what was
going on, and what is being told to our kids
then court system would be forever backlogged.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I actually remember something like this from school back in the Jurassic period. The quote in question was given and then we were instructed to discuss and expand on it. This was probably what was going on here. As I remember we were then told how this would be a bad thing. Of course, it's much more fun to run about prophesying doom and pointing out how everyone who doesn't think like you is un-american.
edit on 13-4-2013 by staver because: to add more context and snarkiness

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pennylemon
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I respect your right to worship as you see fit and I personally have no problem teaching biblical doctrine in school as long as all are included. However, I cannot understand how 1,018 polled out of 313,914,040 can be seen as a mandate to support your majority premise.

Penny

do you have any conflicting evidence? most americans believe in god, and most of those are some form of christian. i'm for freedom of worldview even if i disagree, but schools are straight up indoctrination centers.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted on ATS or not, and before you shoot the messenger, you best see the message.

TheBlaze also reported that teachers were “asked
to sign a contract that would prevent them from revealing what was in
the CSCOPE lessons or face civil and criminal penalties.”

I advise anyone interested in the current state of education to read this article. I don't care how you feel about Glen Beck. That is moot, the information here is a must see for any parent or family member that has concerns about the current state of public education.

I have stated before, and I will state it again, the country is being taken in a political coup from within. The progressives are taking over the public, with direct instructions from the Whitehouse. Just take a look at the disturbing "your kids belong to the collective" video recently released from the admitedly government run media center, MSNBC.

The propaganda is overwhelming, and the government indictrination centers we call schools barely resemble the memories many of us hold of them.

The cirriculum can no longer be viewed by parents. What is that they have to hide? Read the article, and be prepared to be shocked. Many people are opting for the homeschooling option, but now, they are even looking to outlaw that. This is where they want your kids, and this is why. Indoctrination. Read on...

Barton explained that CSCOPE is referred to as “instructional material”
and not “curriculum,” therefore is not subject to regulation by the State
Board of Education.

(snip)

The system received a litany of complaints from faculty
members and parents alike concerning its lack of transparency (parents
were allegedly not permitted to review lesson-plans), lack of oversight
from the State Board of Education, and for allegedly imposing oppressive
working conditions for faculty members.

www.theblaze.com...

Please, don't shoot the messenger, this message is far too important. Please overlook petty issues about dislikes, and read the article. It really affects us all.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is simply called conditioning, you can transform the world by controlling the children. Heck, even the Nazi's realized this:

Those who have the youth on their side control the future
- Nazi Teacher's League, Hans Schemm

Kids are in school 6 days a week, about 8 hours a day. Excellent place to drill in ideals, to get the students to embrace what they are taught. Don't question, just accept what we tell you is right. Further indoctrination takes place when the kids get home, how much time is spent in front of a computer, in front of a game.

How much time do parents spend with their children, talking with them, asking questions. People wonder why our children seem to be "going crazy" these days. Well to me, it appears that this is what happens when you allow the state (and big corporations) to raise your kids.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

we also need to hold our judgement on the teacher and on the school until we have all the information.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I don't understand. Where is the controversy? Citizens of the United States lost their constitutional rights when George W. Bush signed the Patriot Act into law. The student learned the lesson well. That student should get an "A".

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

it isn't a "liberal agenda".
it is a corporate agenda. corporate run prisons, corporate run foods (monsanto), corporate run insurance and the list goes on.
the problem is bigger than republican and democrat. bigger than conservative and liberal. bigger than secular and religious.

bottom line it has to do with money, power and control.

Hurray , at last, somebody who sees what is really happening instead of this liberal sheepie MSM cr.p

Corporation and directors of said corporations are running the show, squeezing every last red cent out of everything before the whole system comes crashing down. All activity is geared to ensure the "ordinary" person is in no position to do anything or even worse starts fighting amongst themselves.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
It doesn't make sense to give up your rights to be more safe. Why do people want to give up our laws that give us the right to life and liberty? Life will throw a left hook from time to time. However, as humans with so much power this is what give us the right to take care of ourselves and others.

There was an NBC blond dumb reporter, forgot her name, who yelled in front of the camera that in order to be safe she would give up all her rights and be proud of it, or something similar to that...

The Obama media is brainwashing those that have not much to talk about in the old attic, and these people will believe whatever their messiah, and his thugs tells them they should do no-matter what...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pennylemon

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by MrSpad

So you see no problem using one Amendment to destroy another?

Isn't it possible that this was the very thing the "guest lawyer" was trying to illustrate. Until we have heard from he/she we are only assuming what the intended lesson was all about, IMO.

Penny
Ummm...The guest Lawer was probably from the SPLC...In that case I'm sure that we can all figure out what the "intent" of the lesson was all about...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Teacher here.

It really saddens me how the majority of people on ATS are so quick to jump on the "public education is indoctrination" bandwagon.

My guess is that most of these folks haven't examined the public school curriculum (available online or at the school), nor have they actually visited a classroom recently.

There are crappy teachers out there...my son had one last year. I'm not arguing that fact at all.

But I do take umbrage with the knee-jerk reactions. I read the article, and it was one sided. The fact is, we don't know why the teacher had the students write that sentence. What if the assignment was to write a rebuttal of the statement? Or perhaps to poll the members of the family and start a discussion? I'll reserve judgement until I have both sides of the story.

Now to address that public schools are indoctrination centers. I can only speak for the school system I and my husband teach in, but the teachers here are doing our damnedest to teach critical thinking skills. I have first graders, we examine commercials and the students have to question what they are told in the commercials. That's a first grade example.

My husband teaches eight grade...they just finished a unit on propaganda. Guess what a majority of their primary sources were....US propaganda. My husband even played a "trick" on the students, getting them to sign a petition to ban water. He used the chemical name and described the dangers, and they all signed it. Then he explained what they REALLY signed...and I think those kids now understand why blindly accepting what you are told is never a good thing.

My husband tells his students, " Don't believe anything you are told...find the answers for yourself. And that includes believing what I tell you."

This is just one example, there are many more. Bottom line, there are teachers out there dedicated to educating students, challenging students, and teaching students critical thinking skills.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bioshock

I say you get a bunch of parents together (as many as you can) and go over to that schools principles office, slam the door shut , throw all the kids notes on his desk and say very sternly.......................this wont happen again. My dad did it when I was having some problems in grade school. Never had a problem after that.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

a teacher preaching his own agenda , thoughts and philosophies .

a few months ago my sister was telling me her sons grade 3 teacher was telling the kids about ufo abductions and how they take people when they are sleeping . Needless to say she had a rough week trying to get her son to sleep . there is a curriculum they really should just stick with it . The teach got in crap as there were numerous complaints about kids not sleeping due to his lack of judgement .

Not really sure how some people in here think this is the governments doing . maybe tin foil hats are on to tight cutting off proper blood flow to their brains
edit on 13/4/13 by freedomSlave because: misspelled a word

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

a teach preaching his own agenda , thoughts and philosophies .

Not really sure how some people in here think this is the governments doing . maybe tin foil hats are on to tight cutting off proper blood flow to their brains

Just to clarify, my husband and I both use the state curriculum to create lessons. Critical thinking is part and parcel of the curriculum. HOW you teach critical thinking is left to the teachers' judgement, hence my husband's lessons. It is his philosophy as well, QUESTION EVERYTHING, but isn't this what we want our children to do?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

That is exactly what everyone wants to have our children grow up with critical thinking

Commonsense sometimes doesn't prevail we are human and sometimes some may lose themselves with our passions and philosophies we forget the little imaginary line that was crossed some time ago in such cases like this and to my sister are just a reminder that we do also need to be vigilant what the teachers are teaching , very rare are situations like this .

for you and your husband being both teachers that is one profession I don't think I have the patience for ..my 2 screaming kids are enough for me lol
edit on 13/4/13 by freedomSlave because: to early full of typos

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Commonsense sometimes doesn't prevail we are human and sometimes some may lose themselves with our passions and philosophies we forget the little imaginary line that was crossed some time ago in such cases like this and to my sister are just a reminder that we do also need to be vigilant what the teachers are teaching , very rare are situations like this .

Absolutely.

Parents are the most important part of a child's education. Sad to say, some parents either don't care OR simply don't have the time to be very involved in the school.

Parents....the teacher and school answers to YOU. If you don't understand or agree with what's being taught....address it.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

edit on 4/13/2013 by truthinfact because: I have made a mistake.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join