It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Exposes The Monsanto Protection Act

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's sad that no one is policing the government. It just goes to show you how controlled we are by the corporations. Monsanto is evil.

If a politician was burning alive in front of me I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.
edit on 14-4-2013 by texasyeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think it's great that we have media outlets like Jon Stewart and the like so that people who can't stand to watch the news (like me), can still be informed in a way that's relatable.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasyeti
It's sad that no one is policing the government. It just goes to show you how controlled we are by the corporations. Monsanto is evil.

If a politician was burning alive in front of me I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.
edit on 14-4-2013 by texasyeti because: (no reason given)

Well, we didn't have laws that could have prevented the revolving door phenomena from occurring so we lost a whole lot of regulatory oversight there. I think the SEC has them now but not sure of the other agencies. As far as Congress and the Executive branch went, our goose was cooked the moment the decision in the Citizens United case was made. Sad thing is, I can't figure out a way that we could ever get the cat back in the bag now that it's loose. It's a failing of Madison's system in that the only laws to curb/correct misbehavior in Congress must occur in Congress, itself. Can't expect them to want to cut off their own gravy train though a few do try.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is creepy because they intend for us to eat this stuff without doing years of research and seeing what possible consequences could arise from this...

how many cents are they saving just by growing fake food? seriously if it's going to save over 100 billion which I doubt then go right ahead ha... this reminds me of a scene from 'the arrival' charlie sheen finds out the aliens are making plants to kill off earth and its' inhabitants.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Almost never did the words "sad but true" apply more...

We can only hope that reports like this affect the public opinion enough to actually change something.

Although I highly doubt it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Kudos to Jon Stewart for bringing light on how this bill became law and for shedding light on the dark side of the legislative process.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Muzzleflash, I agree with almost everything you post. But this Jon Stuart stuff you bring up in most threads about him I can't agree with. It doesn't make any difference to me that his brother is a big wig in the finance world. My mother is a card-carrying, republican fundamentalist who thinks George W. Bush was one of the greatest men who ever lived. She's convinced Iraq had WMD's. She spends her life plugged-in to Faux News like it's some kind of IV. This flaw in her character has nothing to do with me, and I couldn't disagree with her more. We are not our parents or families or friends. We are individuals.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Stewart is a true patriot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join