It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Exposes The Monsanto Protection Act

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yes, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, our senators are playing dumb. They are so comfortable and government is so broken because they are all compliant in these actions that allow these types of provisions/amendments/bills to pass. They would rather be seen as dumb than criminal.

Unfortunately, they know. And Jon Stewart does a good job of encouraging everyone just to believe we have elected idiots. (although, yes, many are actual idiots but this is a process & most politicians spend about 60 hours a week "working") (dumb, like that representative that thought magazines couldn't be reloaded after emptying all the rounds)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by muzzleflash

So what if he is related to some corporate shill? How does that change his words? Also he has himself commented on his family so it's hardly some secret.

"His words"?

Correction, Him reading the Script.
There are more script writers working there than Jon.
They may be Viacom's words though legally (actual ownership), not an official statement just "infotainment".

It is important to strive to know everything. Why do you not want to know about the truth? Does it upset you that maybe you aren't getting the whole story and that sometimes things get a bit disingenuous?

Almost no one knows about his connections or history or anything like that.
So it's worth sharing since it's rare.
edit on 12-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Agrees with you!
I really stopped patronizing Stewart when he had a guest on his show ....(Chuck Kramer I think is his name) from "Mad Money" the stock shock show.
Stewart then starts to rip Kramer a new cornhole because his Mom got bad stock advice from Kramer and allegedly lost a fortune.
Mother of the head of the NYSE taking advice from an idiot on tv...I dunno Bro, something is fishy bout that.
So, I vote with my wallet and my remote and make sure he is never on my tv.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
reply to post by Wonderer2012

/opens mouth

/closes mouth

/walks out door

I made sounds that I did not think were humanly possible for one person after watching that. Pretty sure that the closest description of the sound would be the wail of a 1000 souls plummeting into the depths of hell. Or I just had another Congress induced aneurysm.

In all seriousness, if doing such a thing wouldn't be legal and binding in a contract, then why should it be legal and binding in a law if the statement is actually true that the amendment was slipped in without the majority of lawmakers' knowledge? Outside of that, Obama had only the options to sign it or veto it because, once upon a time, we had what was called the Line Item Veto Act of 1996 but hey, that was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. Considering how many curious things end up getting stuffed in monster bills that are being pushed through Congress as fast as they can, it's really gotta stop because frankly, an informed Congress is as tantamount to democracy as an informed public. All they've been managing to do for the last few years has been either looking like they most likely belong in a special education program or like they really are the crookedest bunch ever to hold their seats. Either isn't a good look for them.: @@:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
As we all know a politician is a person who can make waves and then make you think he’s the only one who can save the ship as they are passing useless laws, and useless laws weaken the necessary laws! I think instead of giving certain politicians the keys to our cities, it might be better to change the locks!

I don't think they'll ever learn that money is a good servant but a bad master. I hope they do learn it quick because a society that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both of them!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

whats funnier is there was a thread on this last week when fox and the blaze broke the story about the monsanto thing.....

And it didnt get near as many stars n flags, and there were quite a few on there who poo pooed the whole thing......

Suddenly if john says it its SOOOO much more reliable....

I love watching peoples bias come out into the open

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I love this video, it starkly points out why we need a much more robust
system in place to prevent this, i am tired of hearing them whine about
how they didn't know what was going on when its their JOB to know,
in my opinion they should not be allowed that cop out, their job is
to ensure this country is properly taken care of and if they don't even
know what they are actually doing, they aren't doing their job, im so sick
of these mooching worthless people, they wouldn't know a days work
if it slapped em in the face.......

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It is important to strive to know everything. Why do you not want to know about the truth? Does it upset you that maybe you aren't getting the whole story and that sometimes things get a bit disingenuous?

Almost no one knows about his connections or history or anything like that.
So it's worth sharing since it's rare.

That's just plain untrue. Anyone who follows him has more than once heard of his family ties from himself. You talk of truth yet twist it around to suit your point. This information is not rare at all. For gods sake you yourself posted a quote from wikipedia.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I'm sure most of you know this - but for those that don't -

GMO - hybrid seed - which means that every year, farmers need to buy new seed from Monsanto to grow crops - because hybrid seed does not replicate itself - you can't let some of your crop "go to seed" to gather seeds for next year's crop.

Every year, farmers have to pay Monsanto for new seed.

In fact, it is against the law in america for farmers to grow crops for new seed for the next year.

I don't know how many people realize this.

Monsanto has a monopoly on food.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I never claimed Johnny was reliable, nor any other main stream media as well.
Your statement does not diminish nor change mine in any way either.
Just what are you getting at?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Yes I know all that. Monsanto is one of the sickest and most discusting things on the planet. I didn't comment on the monsanto aspect. I was talking about the source and what muzzle said about the source.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
reply to post by jacobe001

Whats even more disgusting is the audiance laughing in the background as Jon Stewart makes a comedy about how our representative pass laws without knowing whats getting passed. This is sickening!!

This country is DEAD! The spark that formed this country is gone and is now like a pot of frogs slowly boiling to death.

your view on this topic is exactly what i was thinking.

instead of laughter everyone watching the video should be... if not angry.... very concerned.

a bill was signed without being read?
potentially, monsanto is now legally protected against law suits regardless if they are at fault or not?

there isn't a conspiracy here. the only thing i see is greed.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by g146541

whats funnier is there was a thread on this last week when fox and the blaze broke the story about the monsanto thing.....

And it didnt get near as many stars n flags, and there were quite a few on there who poo pooed the whole thing......

Suddenly if john says it its SOOOO much more reliable....

I love watching peoples bias come out into the open

I could not agree with you more, it's comical and predictable at the same time!

It shows quite clearly the power of having celebrity status- people will listen to mainstream sources.

In the past few weeks I've put quite a lot of effort into a few threads to receive 1-2 flags at best and zero worthwhile replies, yet link a Jon Stewart video simply repeating what everyone is saying and it gets the attention!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
our media would go beserk on something like this..s would roll.. ...america is not #ed up because of "dark cabal"..it is #ed up because people are to lazy to protest and to make social pressure .....people are just not fighting for their rights....
simple as that.

edit on 13-4-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
And almost 100% of you will continue to PAY for this level of service.

Monday is TAX day,,,
Go ahead and continue to support this ''america''.

The Federal Government is OUT OF CONTROL.

Bought and Sold to the Highest bidder,, sad, sad, sad.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Osiris1953

I'm not against GMOs on a theoretical level. In fact there is opportunity there to improve our world. The problem is there doesn't seem to be anyone that we can trust to have that much power over our lives.

Agreed, it could work in theory.

But humans cannot be trusted with power. So I guess it's outta the question.

It is wise to be distrusting of unrestrained power and avarice.

It really requires a complete and full understanding of the interaction of every species, cell, bacterium, macrophage, virus gene, enzyme, protein, RNA and DNA strand involved with every modification. You basically need to test that modification against the local environment. Which is what natural selection does, but at least the interactions are reduced by just keeping modifications local. With GMO, you make a change, distribute it across the continent, and hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This whole thing is so upsetting. The scarier thing is how many other things are anonymously put into bills and voted on. How can our country continue to operate this way. I am continually disgusted with our government and how they so easily sell out. I am so scared for the future of my children

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

edit on 13-4-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

ATS has a right wing bias so I'm not sure what you're going on about.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It was great Stewart highlighted all the Senators yarning about "we need to take our time an get it right" -- yes, they are cautious as kittens if it's legislation that helps the public. But a lobbyist wants a "you can't sue us" law -- that gets snuck in on the back of a check.

Also snuck in the bill were provisions to reduce Governments ability to regulate guns. See; at leas they are consistently evil. Those 2nd Amendment folks aren't on your side either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join