It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
As far as I know its your parents that are liable as guardians but suing my parents is not an option.
As a child I wasn't given a choice the choice was made for me.
Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by enament
I think it is insane drugging kids, my son was just like you and they kept wanting something done, I said no he is just a very energetic mischievous boy totally normal kid! he turned out fine, that stage rarely lasts and if it does these people become our great athletes, climbers and such.
My stepfather a child psychologist (now passed) followed a bunch of children on Ritalin, he was convinced it was very harmful. he found many of the boys he followed ended up in jail as adults He felt the stuff should be outlawed..
Originally posted by enament
Hello ATS, I'm going to begin with a little story. When I was in late grade 1 my teachers in school had a hard time engaging my attention and I had boundless amounts of childhood energy. I had a hard time sitting still because of boredom. I had an even harder time paying attention to the things I found boring. I had all the classic symptoms described in the pharmaceutical industries literiture describing the description of A.D.D.
How did the classic symptoms of being a kid become the classic symptoms of A.D.D.?
So as a child I was told I had something wrong with me and that there was a magic pill that would solve all of my so called problems. Paying attention and squirming etc...(Schools are only usefull in teaching about 90% of kids the other 10% find it too boring and require more interesting subject matter to engage their interests.)
So my Teachers Doctor and parents were all telling me this would help my so called problem. As a child you put a lot of trust in those people especially your parents because they are suppose to know what is best for you and so you believe them when they tell you something. The truth is as a child you are easily manipulated against your will to do things you are told are in your best interest.
I as a child didn't like this at all. I didn't think I needed a pill, but I was told I had a problem and figured they must be right so I was placed on Ritalin. This is where I believe all my problems originated.
Ritalin made me feel like a zombie gave me intense headaches and caused me to be socially introverted I didn't play much with the other kids any more. I could have compared it to a lobotomy. To take the very essence of what makes a kid away from a child is a horrible thing. I was also given my daily dose of fluoride tablets at home and a fluoride rinse at school. The fluoride rinse at school was mandatory and you got in trouble for not partaking in it so most of us faked it.
I believe that Ritalin has caused permanent changes to my brain! I have twitches, I bite the inside of my cheeks when stressed out or nervous to the point where it bleeds and becomes ulcerated, and have suffered from a debilitating depression ever since. I don't think its normal for a child in grade 3 wanting to kill himself like I did. I have a hard time with life in general now everything is twice as hard for me. Doing average things for me is now a laborious task. The reward signal for accomplishment seems skewed. I have been on antidepressants twice. The first time was for almost 2 years the second time was for about 6-7 months.
Does early childhood use of Ritalin cause a life long dependance on antidepressants? I've read articles that claim it does. along with twitching and nervous ticks such as cheek biting and chronic depression.
Who do I sue for damages? It seems like a perfect crime to me. Do you sue your parents for being brainwashed by the pharmaceutical industry. Do you sue your doctor? Do you sue the Pharmaceutical industry?
As far as I know its your parents that are liable as guardians but suing my parents is not an option. As a child I wasn't given a choice the choice was made for me.
I always believed that Ritalin has caused permanent changes to me and now that I have seen documentation describing the after effects of Ritalin I am now convinced especially since all of the after effects describe my current problems. Ritalin in a early developing brain does cause permanent changes. But how do you prove it?
What could I have become if I was never given Ritalin?
Please ATS help me what do I do??
Here is some videos I think are relevant. Description found below.
This video is about the drugging of our children. It describes ethical issues about the drug industries pushing drugs on our children.
This video "The War on Kids" describes how the school system is severely dysfunctional and makes comparisons between modern prisons and schools, And How children are over medicated with drugs which they can't be certain of long term effects.