It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Somewhereinchina banned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I really dont see why this guy was banned? Because he reported that Bush won the election when in fact he probably did? Can a mod please provide us with more info. I thought he was a decent member myself, however I myself am somewhat of a newbie here.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
He didnt follow the rules, so he was banned. The Mods dont Ban people for fun, so there is no need worring about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
He didnt follow the rules, so he was banned. The Mods dont Ban people for fun, so there is no need worring about it.

Are you referring to how he changed the title of his post, I believe it was 'Bush wins!'

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

What rules didn't he follow ? You're talking as though you're in the know, so please tell me, or are you mouthing off.
Otherwise please restrain from portraying conjecture as fact. Thankyou

[edit on 3-11-2004 by mad scientist]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
No, it appears the account was one of several accounts of the same member. Said member allegedly violated the terms numerous times through these various accounts (as determined by IP addressing, etc.) and so all accounts of the member were banned. I'm not personally involved in this, but I believe this to be the essence of the reason.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Are you referring to how he changed the title of his post, I believe it was 'Bush wins!'

I dont know why he was banned, I can only assume it was for a good reason, but there is no point in worring about it. The Mods here are the best, if they ban someone, they deserved it.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
John Bull 1 Has a grudge agains my friend .SIC.

Why do all the posts that .SIC. complaing aobut .SIC. keep dissapearing...

Why don't the mod's just listen to .SIC. and help him and will you ban me for helping him too?

Its such a pity you did this to him.

John Bull changed his Forum Thread without telling him, no u2u at all and then they got in a fight...and the supermod has the power and my friend has no power so who wins....Totalitarian...all the things he's been defending about china on this site and all the things you have been saying china is bad for on this site is you the mods are doing to him...

this is social art

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Said member allegedly violated the terms numerous times through these various accounts

Did he violate the terms by having multiple accounts?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
we share the same computer...you admins are so quick to judge

we live in china, and china has little resources where we are. we share the computer and you him us with your assumtions

i have to use proxies just to get here to use my account because you have in essence banned the both of us by banning our chinese ip...

please have some common senese , review .sic.'s post from the last week and mine from this week, see that we are only connecting to something we think is cool but are starting to change perception... call his phone number and call mine, i'll speak in german to prove to you, i think he speaks some spanish....i dunno but you guys are really like uptight

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe he should search before he make a post, maybe he should take the time to look and see. 90% of the tread he has created were already posted. And that is just from a quick look at his posts.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
yes sic had some problems with john bull 1 he told me when i got home from school...but it didn't violate thte tos...i know he can be annoying at times, and he calls me an a@@ but we are friends even though we are different...

if you only banned him because of multiple accounts, well i think you should unban him so i can connect with a fasterconnection using my chinese ip not a proxy and then 2 because he really didn't break any rule...like i said verify our two different people and please let us share this computer, we both put money into it because we are running it as a server for a website to get expats togethere about music and art in our city....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra I really dont see why this guy was banned?
He was repeatedly abusive toward a senior moderator. Abusive behavior is simply not tolerated, but especially toward staff attempting to maintain decorum on the board. (no point in discussing further, thread closed)

new topics

top topics

join