It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumed in nuclear flames’: N. Korea threatens strike on Tokyo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

It just gets crazier and crazier..

Story here

Pyongyang warned that Tokyo would be its primary target if war broke out on the Korean Peninsula, if Japan maintains its “hostile posture.” It also threatened a nuclear strike against the island nation if it intercepts any North Korean test missiles.

Good grief!!

Closer and closer to poo time..

Sounds like Korea wants to launch them over Japan like they did once before, Japan would probably shoot it down, or US Navy do it..

And N Korea threatens if it is shot down, they will nuke Tokyo?/

One way or the other Kim is in deep doo doo...

other story here

"North Korea warned Japan Friday that Tokyo would be the first target in the event of a war on the Korean Peninsula if it continues to maintain its hostile posture," reports South Korea's Yonhap News Agency this morning in America, by way of a report from the DPRK's state-run Korean Central News Agency. That's pretty scary, especially since things had been calming down for a few days there — and especially considering the Pentagon can't even make up its mind about what, exactly, Pyongyang's nuclear capabilities look like right now. But there's sort of a loophole in today's news. Notice how the warning reads: "if it" — as in Japan — "continues to maintain its hostile posture." What the North Korean propaganda machine appears to be referring to is Tuesday's action out of Japan, when it set up a slew of interceptor missiles in Tokyo as a precaution against North Korea's declarations of war. And there have been plenty of precautionary measures from around the globe of late after what Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday called "unacceptable" rhetoric from the all too excitable Kim dynasty

Pravdaseeker
edit on 12-4-2013 by pravdaseeker because: forgot second story on same topic

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

Anybody else catching that: if they shoot down your test missile....they'll probably shoot down your nuke missile too....right?

I'm really starting to think he's gone completely off the deep end...into believing his own rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pravdaseeker
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

It just gets crazier and crazier..

Story here

Pyongyang warned that Tokyo would be its primary target if war broke out on the Korean Peninsula, if Japan maintains its “hostile posture.” It also threatened a nuclear strike against the island nation if it intercepts any North Korean test missiles.

Good grief!!

Closer and closer to poo time..

Sounds like Korea wants to launch them over Japan like they did once before, Japan would probably shoot it down, or US Navy do it..

And N Korea threatens if it is shot down, they will nuke Tokyo?/

One way or the other Kim is in deep doo doo...

Pravdaseeker

As was mentioned in a few prior threads about Japan being a target, I really hope they don't accidentally or purposely target Fukushima....that would be a world ender.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hi Gazrok, ATS Readers, Writers,

Yep... sure seems completely nutters now!

Good grief eh???

Danged if you do, and danged if you don't.

Pravdaseeker

link   
Did Kim realize his missles couldn't hit mainland USA?
I feel like he's painted himself into a corner and is just trying to find a way out.

link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Anybody else catching that: if they shoot down your test missile....they'll probably shoot down your nuke missile too....right?

I'm really starting to think he's gone completely off the deep end...into believing his own rhetoric.

Unless they already have nukes on the ground there...not sure how easy that would be to get in, but Japan has plenty of shipping container storage sites that could house a nuke pretty easily.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
From Tokyo to Fukushima is only 180 miles....if NK targeting is truly poor then I would think even at a miss of half the distance between could spell disaster.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I don't know about all of this......Kimmy can't be dumb enough to make these threats if they aren't capable

I say never underestimate your enemy.......I can't believe a leader is dumb enough to make threats if he knows they cannot complete the task......

I say we might be underestimating the North Korean doucher.......We might want to think about a preemptive strike before things turn for the worse.....Just sayin, not mongering

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm not too sure if the sun has got to the North Korean leader, because IF he was thinking of doing what he sat's he wants to do he would have done it by now yer? ,,,,, unless, yes unless he's playing for time and helping another country to prepare forces to help him.
If he was a real nutter he would have nuked another country IF he had means to do that, I think he's playing for time, and Iran or China needs more time to get America at the same time. Saying that IF I am right it would be in USA interest to deal with this situation right now if they can win the war, if they help N/K to stall things till China & Iran are ready to take America on then USA are DEAD and I know Americans know that too.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ummm... Kim is stepping wayyyy out of his comfort zone here. The Japanese are almost entirely peaceful and a really gracious culture. Almost. There absolutely is a subculture of a certain following and Code that never faded THAT far back as I understand it. Kinda like telling Israel you are launching serious weapons on them. National leaders would end up killed no matter how it turned out for the nation getting hit, IMO.

Talk about some of the last people I'd want killing mad on a PERSONAL level. He may just push them too far and find himself, in a real personal way, wishing it'd still been us he had to most worry about. Just my thoughts on hearing a foolish thing like this.

Japan just WON'T take a nuke threat, IMO. Of ALL the nations on this planet. They won't.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

Dear Banquo, ATS Readers, Writers,

YEP! More like THREATENED his way into a corner! XACTLY mate!

There were 2 stories on same subject, forgot to post second one, edited OP, sorry.

And another poster said, oops, his missiles couldn't make it to USA so he changed targets...lol.. WHO KNOWS..

It just gets goofier and crazier by the hour now.

Wonder what China is saying now?? Did Korea rip out any "red phones" to their cousins up north?

Hmmm... as the world waits for this craziness to end...arggh

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Really folks?
This is how NK rules over its people. Through fear and intimidation. They are doing the same to the world right now. The missiles are in place, they are getting fueled up now!!! They are up, they are down, they will strike here, they will strike there!!! OMG!!

I say NK do whatever you feel is best. We are not going to give attention to you anymore. If you fire a missile we will fire 10. If you fire off a nuke we will depose little Kimmy and replace him with a real human that cares about the people.

He loves this attention. He is eating it up and licking his grubby little fingers with a smile.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
How do we know the translation is correct? It's easy to change the meaning of something slightly when translating.

Supposedly this is the South Korea news agency who where reporting on what the North Korean news supposedly said?

I can't see any corroborating reports on www.kcna.co.jp... if that is where it was supposed to have originated.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Greetings again Wrabbit2000, ATS Readers, Writers,

Yeah, I hear ya..

I am thinking it has something to do with Japan occupying Korea from 1910 til 1945, and all that "comfort girl" scandal stuff too.

Even though most people from that timeframe in history are very dead already, or got one foot in the grave already.. geeez eh?

Who knows.. another poster said something about China in this matter...hmm..

Well we just gotta hang in there, and hope for the best in the region..

One way or another, whole dang world is pretty p'd off at Korea now!

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Really folks?
This is how NK rules over its people. Through fear and intimidation. They are doing the same to the world right now. The missiles are in place, they are getting fueled up now!!! They are up, they are down, they will strike here, they will strike there!!! OMG!!

I say NK do whatever you feel is best. We are not going to give attention to you anymore. If you fire a missile we will fire 10. If you fire off a nuke we will depose little Kimmy and replace him with a real human that cares about the people.

He loves this attention. He is eating it up and licking his grubby little fingers with a smile.

"He pulls a knife you pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way." - Connery

I couln't help myself.

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Ummm... Kim is stepping wayyyy out of his comfort zone here. The Japanese are almost entirely peaceful and a really gracious culture. Almost. There absolutely is a subculture of a certain following and Code that never faded THAT far back as I understand it. Kinda like telling Israel you are launching serious weapons on them. National leaders would end up killed no matter how it turned out for the nation getting hit, IMO.

Talk about some of the last people I'd want killing mad on a PERSONAL level. He may just push them too far and find himself, in a real personal way, wishing it'd still been us he had to most worry about. Just my thoughts on hearing a foolish thing like this.

Japan just WON'T take a nuke threat, IMO. Of ALL the nations on this planet. They won't.

NK is part of the old Korean past. Old Korea hates Japan to the core because of conflect in there past. Its an 80 year old grudge that SK over came 50 years ago.
edit on 12-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yeah, that's part of the problem I think. The Asian nations just about ALL have one hard core grudge or point of serious tension or another. What happens if we're in a full shooting war with forces as thin as the US is now

...and China was just waiting for the opportunity to give Taiwan a big offer they can't refuse? Not much we could do even if we wanted to. We couldn't exactly hold up a time out card on Korea to turn the miles south for Taiwan coverage. Of course Afghanistan is hardly easing up and Syria has been on the edge of falling into a bonfire for quite some time.

Gotta love this new world order eh? I really miss the Soviet Union sometimes. Life was simpler anyway. 2 Powers made it black and white. War or peace. Not much in between.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm thinking he's starting to feel the sting of Japan's extended sanctions, and the freezing of accounts, from a few days back. That and he wants to do a test over Japan, and somehow assumed they wouldn't shoot it down.... I mean really? You threaten nukes, and don't expect Japan to shoot down a test missile? If any nation is nuke paranoid, it's Japan!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I don't believe any of it, for this main reason:

Would anyone really be dumb enough to attack somebody and say who you are attacking, when you are attacking, where you are attacking, etc. Why not keep it as hush hush as possible until the actual time of the attack?

But maybe I am giving lil kimmie too much credit and he really is that dumb.

Or, maybe he is talking about shooting one guy to get everyones focus shifted there when in reality he has a missile pointing at another guy.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: added more

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Because he feels the world is a stage, and feels he's the leading man.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join