It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it like being dead for eternity?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
compare the state of Death with SOMA

en.wikipedia.org...

in Soma one enters immortality.... sounds like a contradiction, no?
well in death there is no time, so being dead for eternity is a non-thing

your cellular body dissipates into each cellular consciousness which then assimilates with the material in which it rests,,,say a earthen grave the trillion or so cellular conscious' integrate with the plants & minerals & moisture and add 'spirit' to the waters/plants/air/minerals which your former body comes in contact with

the planet is alive and resonates with the accumulated counsciousness of 3 1/2 billion years of once living creatures & life forms...Soma

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Someone once said...that being dead is like digging a hole, climbing in it...pulling the dirt over your head....and holding your breath forever.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've wondered numerous times what life after death would be, that is if there is one.

Personally I do not believe in heaven, nor hell. It seems as though heaven and hell were made up to scare people into conformity.

Think about it. Let's say I die right now and go to heaven. And it's perfect and I have loads of fun, and never have a single care. But a few years go by, then a thousand, and a million, and you'd think eventually the thrill would wear off. You would adapt, and no longer think it awesome, it's just normal now. It would seem as though livng forever would be more of a curse than a blessing if you ask me. If you do everything you could possibly want, your going to run out of things to do. Seems pretty boring to me.

I don't know what comes after death, Anything is possible. I accept the fact there may be heaven. But the heaven and god people talk about seems pretty flawed.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

People have been pondering things like this since we could even ponder.

I recommend not thinking about it much, there is no silver lining. You simply are not aware of your existence anymore.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There are different perspectives now on the subject death.

When you die, I find yourself to be sleeping forever. But what are you. Your mindset and your emotional set your body can translate to me, and also you being insight, is not existant anymore.

(should we attach to people in life?)

Now what is yourself? You don't die. But the translating body of you is no more, so you are missed. In fact, you did die then. What is 'to die'? To leave us behind. To become dust again, dead dust. We should experience death, which is life. See death, then you are alive. For one to be alive one must value death. Strange, as I think of it. If death has no value in the opposite degree of life, then life hasn't any too. Or is death equal to life. This, this last must be true.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lingweenie
I've wondered numerous times what life after death would be, that is if there is one.

Personally I do not believe in heaven, nor hell. It seems as though heaven and hell were made up to scare people into conformity.

Think about it. Let's say I die right now and go to heaven. And it's perfect and I have loads of fun, and never have a single care. But a few years go by, then a thousand, and a million, and you'd think eventually the thrill would wear off. You would adapt, and no longer think it awesome, it's just normal now. It would seem as though livng forever would be more of a curse than a blessing if you ask me. If you do everything you could possibly want, your going to run out of things to do. Seems pretty boring to me.

I don't know what comes after death, Anything is possible. I accept the fact there may be heaven. But the heaven and god people talk about seems pretty flawed.

You haven't even begun to use your imagination.

Have you not read the articles wherein even our own scientists agree that it would take trillions of years just to fill the HUMAN BRAIN up with information?

Now how much more can the perfect brain which with were are given afterwards do?

But you see, God said, it has not entered the hearts of men what He has prepared for us.

So when people try to describe what it is like in the kingdom of God, no one can really say for sure what He has prepared. But I do know that the kingdom of God begins here in this life first, and it is all around us. But the manifestation of it has but to take place.

But even our human brain as more imagination that you have given it credit for.

It is sad, but I think that for you to think the way that you do Lingweenie, you must be content; You must have access to things that you could try if you wanted, and you just choose not to, saying to yourself, "what's the point"?

Do you know how long it would take to master a fine instrument? well, no one on earth has mastered a fine instrument yet. For all are improving until their death. So then, who has mastered even a guitar? None.

So no one even knows how long it takes to master the guitar!

And this is but one, a very small, and trivial pursuit, that takes at least more than a 100 years to master! And the body is decrepit before it is able to even perform that level of mastery.

So if one silly little thing takes so long to master, then how much more a universe that is trillions of light years across; and all of the CRAZY unique things that exist within it -- I mean, for example, how long would it take you to build a music instrument out of galaxies? To move galactic objects, and to set them in a certain place, and to cause certain stars to be put into place around those galaxies, and to create a certain energetic tension and to send a harsh solar wind through a channel and create galactic speech? Who knows.

How long would something like that take for you to accomplish? And that is but one possible task.

You haven't even begun to use your imagination to discover what many things we might be able to do. Oh the possibilities are so limitless. Dance for joy! What's the point in believing that all that exists is this stupid piece of plastic and wires sitting in front of you?! Have you laid back and stared at the night sky before?

Have you been able to walk freely upon the bottom of the ocean, without fear of being crushed, neither for a lack of air?

Have you been able to jump from planet to planet, like you were hopping alligators in a stream? Except, imagine the insanity of passing through the lens of the atmosphere, and pulling out as if trying to escape a vacuum hose! And then when you finally break the distance, you're free to go wherever you must go!

But for now, we are stuck to this mass, preventing us from reaching the singularity of the core of this planet, whose current form is numbered to the end of its days. And yet we still have the imagination just understand just a few of the things that are possible.

Of course, this isn't the reason we obey and follow God. We love Him because He created us, and He saved us. He saved us to be with Him. And He gave us His throne to sit on, if we accept Him. But if we make another throne for ourselves, then well, we'll go to the end of that throne. Though that throne will just be pitched into the fire when God manifests the glory of His kingdom fully into our reality, thereby destroying this world (which gives us the illusion like eternal life would be boring; but you assume reality would be anything like this world. You judge the incorruptible by the corrupted!)

Oh life can seem grim and dark sometimes. Indeed. There is no debating that. There is no debating that we think sometimes, "what is the point of it all. I just can't stand being here anymore."

But, you know, you gotta take the good with the bad. There is no sense in thinking we're exempt!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

People have been pondering things like this since we could even ponder.

I recommend not thinking about it much, there is no silver lining. You simply are not aware of your existence anymore.

And the answer has been provided from the very moment that we chose to ponder.

It's just that people reject the answer because the answers include submission to proper authority.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

It takes life to master a guitar.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by TarzanBeta

It takes life to master a guitar.

Indeed Angle. Indeed!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

it's a neverending road trip

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Then what...what is it like being dead for eternity?

Like sleeping for eternity

+ You do know you don't have same chances.

It's a question that can never be answered,it is the unknown and will remain that way.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

awake now. agree that life after death is life but a complete life, one can not live this life without help from the uncreated life that is eternal. so my reasoning would be that all we are now is in the created world, then after death we have a resurrected body made complete.this is a religious explanation i know but it is one that has always helped me discribe what happens after death and no, i am not a religious nut.many religions try to explain this in different ways but the truth can be found inside yourself, you do not need anyone to teach you

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
We are born
We live
and we die

In life we experience feelings and thoughts and are aware of our physical body, animated by our life force and with dreams and hopes. We identity our own uniqueness of existance, and can even trace our family history and make plans for the future.

Then we at some point die

edit on 12-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

You aren't. You simply lose your body for a while.

Your spirit gets drawn into a wormhole and goes back to where our spirits came from.

This wormhole or inter-dimensional portal is represented symbolically by these two videos. Unintentional on their part I'm sure, but it carries meaning to me that suggests that the people who produced this media were being inspired to give people hope that there is life after if you aren't someone like Hitler or other evil people on par with Hitler.

One is depicted when Jackson goes through the wormhole, and the other is depicted at the end of the video by Bjork.

edit on 13-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Someone once said...that being dead is like digging a hole, climbing in it...pulling the dirt over your head....and holding your breath forever.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

That sounds like one of the most horrible things ever. I hate holding my breath. It's almost as bad as saying you die and have hiccups for an eternity.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Row, row, row your boat. Gently down the stream. Merrly, merrly, merrly, merrly life is but a dream.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFuzzy

I do get the feeling that when we get to the other side...we look at all of us over there and say...
Great. Now what?"

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Row, row, row your boat. Gently down the stream. Merrly, merrly, merrly, merrly life is but a dream.

The endless river - forever and ever.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If there is nothing, that identifies the individual, that survives a bodily death, there is nothing to experience time and hence being dead for eternity doesn't even make semantic sense for the entity that dies.

If there is something, that identifies the individual, that survives a bodily death then "death" is merely a different state of being or likely the beginning of another state of being, which itself could go through different stages as it does in life.

But yeah, an eternal hell or heaven can be quite boring.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by viking1117

It's a question that can never be answered,it is the unknown and will remain that way.

After I am dead , it may be answered. But thats for me.

I didn't intend to describe death as a whole , I gave one specification of death that I was aware of.

Not all sleeping is like dying. , and death is not like sleeping to many people.

The important fact is the resurrection and the possibility and the feasibility and the truth.

What do we need for that scene ?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by viking1117

After I am dead , it may be answered. But thats for me.

I didn't intend to describe death as a whole , I gave one specification of death that I was aware of.

Not all sleeping is like dying. , and death is not like sleeping to many people.

The important fact is the resurrection and the possibility and the feasibility and the truth.

What do we need for that scene ?

Life is eternal but the belief in a separate you is not. The illusionary separate you will make life hell until it dies. It has to die in life to be resurrected as life.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join