It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it like being dead for eternity?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The question doesn't make sense, being dead isn't an experience. It's nothing, the chemical reactions and electrical signals that is your conscience is no more.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
The question doesn't make sense, being dead isn't an experience. It's nothing, the chemical reactions and electrical signals that is your conscience is no more.

I don't think science has advanced to the point to know that for sure.

I did some heavy research into a quantum theory of mind for my thesis paper, and even with accepted science, it s a lot more complicated than chemical reactions and electrical signals - when you get into the quantum field generated, there is a whole new set of rules for our consciousness that don't follow the traditional laws of physics, where electrical signals and chemical reactions reside.

Other than the fact that chemical reactions and electrical signals could still have quantum phenomena involved, I'm not quite sure. Once we die, the quantum field might be extinguished, which seems to lead into what you are saying again.

But still, we don't know enough scientifically.
edit on 12-4-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

There is currently no evidence to suggest what you have stated is absolute.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Can you remember the day you were born? What makes you think you'll remember the day you die?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

The fact one cannot remember something does not mean the memory does not exist.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I believe we can remember the time period from right before our birth and coming into the life/death struggle for survival. There are people out there that provide guidance to integrate the spiritual self that exists before and after physical life. Reports are abundant from near death experienncers. I am not keen on the research of suicides and this experience so that would be interesting to look up but reports from heart attack victims resuscitated as well as accidental deaths report an all knowing, indescribable peace, love, a deep responsibility toward all living things, as well as kinesthetic experiences. It's also been fairly well documented that this may not be due to chemical reactions from a dying brain (one study by a brain surgeon who experienced this and read his own medical reports after coming back). Those who integrate self from before birth ("self isn't the right term but hopefully get what I mean), describe the same. People who come back have profound personality changes in most cases. Even though this is the only scientific evidence thus far (that I'm aware of) it has certainly set my mind at ease.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai
All things considered if life after death occurs; life after death is life.

Any thoughts?

Life is Eternal, we navigate from one experience to another, driven by our will.

Life after death is outside of time, it is non-physical and 'fluid-like'. We are not constricted to one form, nor is our awareness limited by a brain, which means we perceive from a larger perspective and life is more 'clear' to us. This life you life on Earth is largely an experience of limitation, confusion, questioning.

One might ask, why then are we born?

It is a choice.

The reason it is not often seen as a choice is because the process of being born on this planet requires us to forget, or it wouldn't be the unique experience it is...we would more or less, 'know everything'.

The Not knowing, allows us to rediscover ourselves. Its like a game, you could say. The purpose being to simply experience life.

edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Consider every lifetime from the context of being a Facet in a Diamond

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of some lyrics in a Beatles song "She Said"

She said I know what its like to be dead
I know what it is to be sad
and shes making me feel like
ilve never been born

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Dunno.

I worry about dying but i'm curious about death. I will find out someday....maybe i'll tweet you.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Well, there is, the study of the human brain. It's what appears to be true, and currently is the only logical conclusion.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
what is it like being dead for eternity? Well that would be purgatory.

When there is no bodies to encarnate into on the planet you are on.

No one gets shot off into space. And the only people that can come from space to hear are pleiadians and those are demonic possessions. Not really what people think star seeds really are. If you are removed from this planet you reincarnate into any possible heirs in the area.

Eternal life is only granted when heirs are present, without it well. Dead for eternity.

Look the bible talks about it DOOD

Ignore the last part lol. Punishments roaarrr
edit on 13-4-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

There is an entire history of human evolution that proves it.

Unless you throw in some sort of god nonsense in which case you go beyond the physical reality and into the spiritual whatifs.

What if...

No, you pull the plug on something that only works while powered, and it ceases to function. That's not made up science.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I don't know.
But when you get there, don't give me a call to tell me about it.
By then I will have probably disregarded the question anyhow.

Plus your already dead you just don't know it yet, give it a little time it will sink in.

No, really just forget about it, be happy, live for today, be good person, everything will be great.

And if I did tell you it would spoil the surprise.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Kashai:

I disagree and given Multiverse theory is accurate (there is very good evidence that it is), you and I are having this conversation in an infinite number of Universe's that were created at the same time. Finite existence is irrelevant as it is is merely an internal representation of an external environment which, is inherently infinite.

I'm sorry, but that is pure gibberish! Look, it's not rocket science, it is simple basic primary school logic.

You first need to fully understand the different conceptual meanings of the words 'infinity' and 'eternity', because they do not pertain to the same objective state, they are quite distinct. The former pertains to 'amount', whereas the latter pertains to 'time', or rather more to the point, 'duration'. You can't have 'infinite' time or duration, nor can you have an 'eternal' amount. They are mutually illogical meanings. You can have infinite amount, and eternal duration. One further point to make is that you cannot quantify (i.e., measure) infinity or eternity with finite apparatus, and that includes consciousness, because it is finite.

Suppose, we allow for the Multiverse theory; that there are an infinite amount of universes, and that in each universe there is a 'you' and 'I' discussing this problem? Each you and I in each universe does not know of the existence of the other you's and I's in the other universes, as there is no means of correspondence between each universe. Each you and I in each universe have only a finite natural life span, and therefore a finite consciousness. The very condition of our natural circumstance makes the Multiverse theory quite irrelevant and redundant. We can't communicate with other universes, and we have a finite life span and finite consciousness.

If there are an infinite amount of universes, how could we establish it as a fact, given our finite condition? We can't quantify them, we can't measure them, we can't count them, because there will always be another universe to add to our count ad infintum (ad nauseum)...we should never cease in our counting. However, if we came to a point where there are no more universes to count, we will then have established that there are not an infinite amount of universes. You can still have a Multiverse, but it would be a finite one.

The question is...what is it 'like' to be dead for eternity? The question is quite illogical. It firsts asks for a conscious understanding, or rather a sensuous understanding. The question is asking about the experience of being dead. The question presupposes that after we are dead, we still remain sensate to stimulations and therefore able to experience being dead. Not only that, it then presupposes further...that in our experiential 'dead state', we can know eternity, yet, similar to infinity, we cannot establish by quantification or measurement the whole duration of eternity...we should never cease our measurement of it. The question is illogical and redundant.
edit on 13/4/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/4/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
We are born
We live
and we die

In life we experience feelings and thoughts and are aware of our physical body, animated by our life force and with dreams and hopes. We identity our own uniqueness of existance, and can even trace our family history and make plans for the future.

Then we at some point die

Then what...what is it like being dead for eternity?
edit on 12-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

That is the question most of us have....it is also the reason most of us have a religion.

Hope you find your way and meaning.

Keep up hope and I'm sure we'll see you on the other side...cause in the end, we really have no clue. None of us can give you the answer you desire...only you can. Make this world meaningful to you and you won't be disappointed.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I agree with you on the most part but infinity ends withe the end of space, time. With no perspective beyond, I agree. In some mathematical usage, infinity would equal two googolplex, as with a infinite division of something would come to something that was meaning less, as would a number greater than two googolplex, as in our perspective the number would be so great as to be meaning less also.

"The metaphysics of eternity studies that which necessarily exists "outside" or independently of space and time".

As for the Multiverse theory, I refer to it as a eternal number of bangs, time by perspective become meaningless, all things that could occur would already have occurred. Everything would become like fluid just flowing, and maybe your essence could move between, threw the multiverse, and you would return to the Godhead, once you got your head on straight.

But your are right as this question seems to be a waste of time, our mission is to complete this mission so far we have had a complete failure.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

We are born
We live
and we die

In life we experience feelings and thoughts and are aware of our physical body, animated by our life force and with dreams and hopes. We identity our own uniqueness of existance, and can even trace our family history and make plans for the future.

Then we at some point die

Although all of us didn't experience death yet, they say it will based on what we believe in. For me I believed that when you die you will be with the Lord already.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

What is it like being dead for eternity?

I would imagine that depends on where you go after your body dies.
If you gravitate towards a positive energy place .. you'll have a positive experience.
If you gravitate towards a negative energy place .. you'll have a negative experience.
If you are reincarnated .. here or elsewhere ... you'll be stuck in an organic body and
will have to make the best of it for a wihle until you are free of it again ...

I guess we'll all find out .. sooner or later.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I didnt die yet but i pretty sure the answer is peace..No more suffer..No more duality,ego, judgemental, hatred,etc..A complete peace..

At the point after you died maybe you will say like this "Wew..Thank God i was released from that place"..Lot of people who had NDE (Near Death Experience) didnt want go back to this world (Earth) after they died because its like "Disneyland" compare to our world..Try to watch this guy :

edit on 13-4-2013 by GregJ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join