It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it like being dead for eternity?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't know? Eternity is a long time, but if I'm dead, why would I care? I believe earlier someone said it could be 'just like when you are born'. I think that's close. For what my feeble little angry monkey brain has stored about the Universe, I think, the data set that is your mind goes on the Cosmic thumb drive, and maybe we get to choose, do you wanna go back? or would you just like to wander round the show room for a while ? If it's like waiting in line at the DMV?, that would be a Cosmic Bummer ! (I myself believe, you get redemption, and enlightenment, and your soul gets polished up, and you gets downloaded again, and that soul gets told 'Ok, try again, you almost got it right!)
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing some folks I love and some very loyal animal buddies when I pass through the veil to the Summer Lands .

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It is like the sleep you get between dreams when you are not aware of anything. You have no sensations to make you aware.

Source:

29 years experience.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustEve
reply to post by TarzanBeta

You talked about having witnessed God's presence in your life...so have I.
I have faith.....LOTS of it.
But...do I know for a FACT what will happen to me after death?
No. I do not. I do not follow anyone and I prefer to draw my own conclusions, even if they are not correct it's ok because eventually I will get there.

I do not know for sure what will happen after death.
I am not God. Therefore, no.

Please forgive my poor English, I am not a native speaker.

edit on 12/4/2013 by JustEve because: typo

If you have witnessed God's presence in your life, then you should know.

If you don't know, then you are confused. It is not that you do not know the truth. It is that you are unwilling to follow through with what you know.

You say you have witnessed God's presence in your life, and yet, you are not sure what will happen after death.

Well, there are only two things that can happen at death.

Either continued death, or renewed life. There are no other ways to put it.

And so if you know that God exists, therefore, you know there is an eternal life.

If you know there is an eternal life, but you do not know where you are going, therefore, it is easy to understand that you do not know where you are going because you choose to deny that which you already know.

Those that deny what they already know, the truth, do not have the eternal life with God.

You say you have witnessed His presence; therefore will you say, "God revealed Himself to me in vanity!" Now if God has been present with you, and you know this, then how can you convince yourself that He saw fit to grace you with His presence and yet think that He would rather you be dead.

That is foolish thinking.

If God has revealed Himself to you, it is not because He desires you to be dead, but alive.

How can you choose to be so blind, and willingly?

I will say it again: there are only two things possible for after death. Either continued death, or renewed life. That is all. There is no other way. Now whether you want to debate what the renewed life is all about, that is not the question here. But the question here is whether there is death or life.

And you STILL think that you do not know what happens after death?

What has fooled you? You say God has been present with you, and yet you are still bewitched!

This is a very simple matter. There is no confusion. Even the staunchest atheist will say, "There is either life or death. How can there be something in between?"

So this knowledge is very, very easy.

So then I will reiterate yet again for you; if you do not know where you are going, that is because you are denying the truth to yourself and you are unwilling to follow through with the truth that you already know.

This is a deeper hypocrisy than you previously revealed.

Be gone with that confusion. It's hindering you greatly.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustEve
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I have faith.....LOTS of it.

You mean 'trust'.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
We are born
We live
and we die

In life we experience feelings and thoughts and are aware of our physical body, animated by our life force and with dreams and hopes. We identity our own uniqueness of existance, and can even trace our family history and make plans for the future.

Then we at some point die

Then what...what is it like being dead for eternity?
edit on 12-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

you are talking about your body, your spirit does not die fact, but you might not understand that.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
near-death.com...

www.nderf.org...

Dig in, read up! I have found that reading Near Death Experiences to be very uplifting and resonate deeply with me.

Our souls and spirits live on. I also believe we will have a life review of our lives. Who are we and what kind of life did we live. Are we happy with our contributions to this world and living the Golden Rule as brought down through the generations. I have had what seems to be an NDE myself and it has forever changed my life. Perhaps this is why many NDE stories resonate with me as does the Holy Spirit.

There is a purpose and we are still exploring what that purpose is.

For me, my purpose is associated with our Lord Jesus Christ, whom I have come to know and love.

with love,
Golden

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Then what...what is it like being dead for eternity?

When i was a child during a war zone i had experienced an near death and let me clearer answer for you. Its not pleasant.

edit on 12-4-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

It is exactly like it was before you were born ...

Can you remember what happened for the eternity before you were born?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

When i was a child during a war zone i had experienced an near death and let me clearer answer for you. Its not pleasant. Sorry but someone has the say the truth.

Is it something you can describe in words?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
very deep post! nobody really knows that is why it is so exciting or feared however you look at it! but its got to beat 40 hours a week, bills and screaming kids

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There is no death. What we experience when we leave the physical body is a more lively, vivid reality than we experience now 'on' Earth. The 'other side' is more familiar to us than this reality is. In that state of existence we understand what this life on Earth is all about and why we decided to 'be born' here.

What makes this physical, Earthly experience so unique is the fact that we forget who we really are...so its a game of not knowing. Those of us who allow ourselves to be open to our 'inner voice' or intuition are capable of remembering who we really are and what this life is about. Everyone is capable of this, some just don't trust themselves enough to realize this...some just flat out don't want to find out and would rather seek externally for answers, which will only get you so far.

I remember, because I allow myself to. I have come to the point of trusting my 'inner voice' and have realized it is not simply my "imagination" it is the Core of my Being.

I can assure you that you have nothing to fear. As soon as you leave your physical body you will find that you are still you, and there has been no 'black out' or break in consciousness. You will simply know what to do from there and all will gradually become familiar again.
edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
"Dead for eternity" = dissolution of personality module. (Reserved for recalcitrants of the extreme type)

A99

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Not quite but i did see the whole earth in a flash as my soul was trying to leave. And a voice. The first time. As by whole earth i saw different countries and my own country in a war zone.

I dont remember the voice very well but i do believe that it was something similar to this.

(So Humans still do wars over nonsense and religion? poor child you shall not die)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Good thread, totally read.. F&S near and far.
One and only one quote each from a cynic and otherwise.

"Sleep.. those little slices of death. How I loathe them." E.A. Poe
I heard some really good arguments on this side for time compression--
but there IS no sense of time.

"End of pain." My uncle Donald, a good and devout man,
and by accounts one heck of a bombardier. That seems comfy.

I can't tell you for sure, but both men already described have their proof now.

Here is the question as it seemed to morph through the thread for me,
and there are no bad or wrong arguments about forever...
Are good people correct about death, evil people wrong, and [every kind
of scholar between the poles] arguing sometimes vastly different truths,
partially accurate describing the reality, with reality = "What's it like?"
Last speculation-- if some of the most 'insane' of us are also in other ways
more perceptive, maybe seeing more clearly through the veil-- why wouldn't
they be driven mad if what it was "like" was where nobody alive should know?

I personally believe life and reality are both for the living-- and if you had
my shrink back then analysing mine, neither ended up worth the billings.
Besides, I'm "watching and waiting..." Moody Blues

ps and for you Sonnny.. at least I got a new tar out. Creative later. THANKS!!
edit on 12-4-2013 by derfreebie because: CREDITS TO SONNNY1 FOR THE AVATAR INSTRUCTIONS

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

The only person who could answer that has been dead for eternity. Dead men tell no tales.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You will have to wait till you die

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
hit the wrong button. computer fast. fingers slow. Let us use deduction.
There would be no time as we know it and no need of time.
No need of food. Air. and so on.........
So there you have it. We may only know now what eternity is not like.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It could be like waking up in another life where this one was a dream you barely remember.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
AthlonSavage:

...what is it like being dead for eternity?

With a little more philosophical acumen you would perceive how redundant your question is...pondered in the manner posed.

Upon each of us encountering our own individual physical demise there is nothing more, simply nothing more than utter all-encompassing oblivion. No soul, no spirit, no ghost that likes to travel (ala Gabriel), just total non-existence of self, of character, of personality, of memory (except in the minds of the living, and perhaps media captures of you taken by others). There is no room for eternity in the equation of oblivion.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
"There is no room for eternity in the equation of oblivion."

Based upon what??

edit on 12-4-2013 by Kashai because: modifed content

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join